• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#121 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Who wants to bet that the Wii U will be dropped in price once the PS4 and XBone actually hit stores?

I don't because it won't happen.

#122 marcaravalos007

marcaravalos007

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo games

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

they cut it €400 but games are launch games price at €80 brand new

plus no backwards capability for previous  games disks

they are no convincing me to buy one

i want it backwards capability for previous  games disks

Edited by marcaravalos007, 01 July 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#123 Shadow23

Shadow23

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

@CUD that a great idea for nintendo to release an WiiU XL in 2014.that would a be a redesigned wii u console 50% bigger than the original model. then bundle it with a new version of the pro controller and game with a DVD/Blu-ray player for $299.99 and replace the gamepad sounds like a good business decision to me.anybody agree?

#124 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

If anything, the console would get smaller. There's no need to make it bigger, even a hard drive would take up little space.

Bluray may be nice, but Nintendo really has no experience with home theatre (except the photos channel) and so I doubt they would be able to do a decent implementation.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#125 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

@CUD that a great idea for nintendo to release an WiiU XL in 2014.that would a be a redesigned wii u console 50% bigger than the original model. then bundle it with a new version of the pro controller and game with a DVD/Blu-ray player for $299.99 and replace the gamepad sounds like a good business decision to me.anybody agree?

why limit the gamepad demographic?

#126 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Get rid of the gamepad? Are you guys nuts? Even though it is a gimmick it is the only thing that differentiates it from the competition.

The gamepad is not holding up the Wii U. The crappy specs are.

The last thing you want for a system is to split up the community. It is small enough already.

The price cut is coming. They just wanted to milk the early adapter crazies for about a year. More games and a lower price will put them in a stronger 3rd place to start next year.

#127 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Wii U is already pretty cheap. I don't see the need for a price cut at all. 

#128 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

Nintendo probably did plan to cut the price before ps4 and xbox1, but the cost of moving edram manufacture to another factory and the lack of sales at the current price may be holding them back from doing this.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#129 beenle1

beenle1

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

a reasonable price is important, when i want to buy a console online, i will find many shops to compare their prices and their qualities, it is really a big task.

#130 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Wii U is already pretty cheap. I don't see the need for a price cut at all.

I fail to see how $349 for a Wii U with 32Gb of storage and very little RAM and weak processor for this next gen is considered cheap compared to $399 for a PS4 with 15 Times the storage and 8 Times the RAM and faster processor. .. oh yeah. .. and 3rd party support.

They must lower that price to $299 for the deluxe. Toss the other system and actually get those games out to even be considered as competition in this next gen.

I will be shocked if the number of PS4s I'm homes doesn't surpass the Wii U by next June.

#131 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

I fail to see how $349 for a Wii U with 32Gb of storage and very little RAM and weak processor for this next gen is considered cheap compared to $399 for a PS4 with 15 Times the storage and 8 Times the RAM and faster processor. .. oh yeah. .. and 3rd party support.

They must lower that price to $299 for the deluxe. Toss the other system and actually get those games out to even be considered as competition in this next gen.

I will be shocked if the number of PS4s I'm homes doesn't surpass the Wii U by next June.

The Wii U is cheaper than the PS4 and the lack of 3rd party support on the Wii U has nothing to do with the price tag. 

If you're looking for the best value for hardware you should invest in a gaming computer because unlike consoles you can easily upgrade to more storage, more ram, faster processors, stronger video cards, cooler fans or a liquid cooling system, and if any part breaks in a PC you can easily replace it instead of shipping out your entire system and wait for it to get fixed.

I can tell you right now that if you seriously think buying the PS4 is some huge leap in hardware you are sadly mistaken. What you're going to experience on the PS4, I've been experiencing on my PC for years. The PS4 is out-dated so is the Xbox One.

You actually seem to be under the delusion that you have high standards because you buy a PS4 or Xbox One which in raw processing terms, has slightly less than a quarter the grunt of a Core i5-3570K. Seriously do some research, the processors in both the PS4 and Xbox One are so terrible. The GPU in the PS4 is pretty much a 7850 which is worth about $160. 

There is no point in upgrading from a PS3 or a 360 because the leap isn't going to be worth it at all. Most games are developed with cross-platform, lowest-common-denominator compatibility in mind. You're still going to see brand new games like Watchdogs and Call of Duty: Ghosts on the 360 and PS3  because of this. The entire point of the PS4 and Xbox One is a cash grab because I can guarantee you that any game in this "next-gen" can be played on a 360 or a PS3 if it's simply scaled down a bit and the average gamer like you wouldn't even notice the missing next-gen fancy physics or graphics.

Great games are coming for the Wii U, and there is still a large audience out there that is interested in buying a Wii U once those exclusive titles come out. Nintendo will be fine. Please just go pre-order a PS4 already and enjoy your amazing "next gen" piece of hardware.

Edited by EvilMoogle, 20 August 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#132 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

The Wii U is cheaper than the PS4 and the lack of 3rd party support on the Wii U has nothing to do with the price tag.

If you're looking for the best value for hardware you should invest blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. ...

Lol the gaming computer. I like spending my $400 on something that is going to last me 6-7 years of good gaming. Is the price of one graphics card.

Gaming PCs are for chumps with more money then they know what do to with. Good for you. Some of us have a budget and don't want to waste money on all that BS you rattled on about.

I pre-ordered the PS4 on day one , just as I did with the Wii U.

I actually like the Wii U for what it is. The Nintendo only gaming machine. There is value in that.

But if you want more then plumbers in red overalls or guys in green Tights it is not a good value.

But gaming pc? Jesus. What a joke to bring that in here.

Talk about irrelevant.

#133 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Lol the gaming computer. I like spending my $400 on something that is going to last me 6-7 years of good gaming. Is the price of one graphics card.

Gaming PCs are for chumps with more money then they know what do to with. Good for you. Some of us have a budget and don't want to waste money on all that BS you rattled on about.

I pre-ordered the PS4 on day one , just as I did with the Wii U.

I actually like the Wii U for what it is. The Nintendo only gaming machine. There is value in that.

But if you want more then plumbers in red overalls or guys in green Tights it is not a good value.

But gaming pc? Jesus. What a joke to bring that in here.

Talk about irrelevant.

You took absolutely nothing from my post. Which leads me to believe that you have a serious reading disability and can't comprehend anything I've said to you.

I recommend Hooked on Phonics it's pretty affordable for your "budget".

Sylvan Learning is also a good choice if you need a tutor or two. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 20 August 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#134 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

My brother has a gaming PC that is over 15 years old now, yet with the occasional upgrade was still more powerful than any console when they launched, even now with the PS4 and Xbox One. I believe he's spent under two grand for it, and way less than the launch price of a PS4, PS3, PS2, and PS1 combined.

Edited by grahamf, 20 August 2013 - 12:58 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#135 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

My brother has a gaming PC that is over 15 years old now, yet with the occasional upgrade was still more powerful than any console when they launched, even now with the PS4 and Xbox One. I believe he's spent under two grand for it, and way less than the launch price of a PS4, PS3, PS2, and PS1 combined.

I've personally done the math before too and there is plenty of articles online as well that explain why a PC is cheaper. I was going to explain how but honestly I doubt Dharamnator would understand any mathematical language and I doubt he would read any of the articles I would post.  

#136 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

That is hand down the biggest bunch of hooey yet posted on this board. We are supposed to believe a 15 year old motherboard can support a faster processor and have a front side bus speed worthy if whatever ram hes had in there? Let's not even talk graphics cards.

Go away.

Let me add maybe he has the same case from 15 years ago and has replaced every part in there 3 Times.

Edited by Dharmanator, 20 August 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#137 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

That is hand down the biggest bunch of hooey yet posted on this board. We are supposed to believe a 15 year old motherboard can support a faster processor and have a front side bus speed worthy if whatever ram hes had in there? Let's not even talk graphics cards.

Go away.

Let me add maybe he has the same case from 15 years ago and has replaced every part in there 3 Times.

You should try reading what he actually wrote.

He said "with the occasional upgrade" once again you've proven that you have a reading comprehension problem. 

I recommend Hooked on Phonics it's pretty affordable for your budget.

Sylvan Learning is also a good choice if you need a tutor or two. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 20 August 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#138 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Lol. I know what he said. Only an idiot would actually believe that it would be more powerful than a PS4. And I highly doubt a PS3, but that is more believable.

Wait. .. you didn't actually believe it... did you?

This would explain alot.

Don't believe everything you read on these boards. Especially from PC gaming zealots.

#139 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Lol. I know what he said. Only an idiot would actually believe that it would be more powerful than a PS4. And I highly doubt a PS3, but that is more believable.

Wait. .. you didn't actually believe it... did you?

This would explain alot.

Don't believe everything you read on these boards. Especially from PC gaming zealots.

PC gaming costs roughly the same as owning a console. 

Google around and you'll learn a lot. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 20 August 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#140 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

PC gaming costs roughly the same as owning a console.

Google around and you'll learn a lot.

The only thing I found was a shoddy article that gave the Xbox 360 a 3 year life cycle to match when the PC would be outdated and need money for upgrades.

The idiot also included the price of the TV. What a load. 99% of the people already have a TV. So that was just there to skew his numbers.

Basically a joke all around and only proved pc gaming rigs have a 3 year life whereas console will hold up for 6-10 years.

Next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!