• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#101 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

One of the issues with the ps4 launch is it may well be also the Xbox 720 launch. 2 different formats launching at the same time causes confusion and many won't know which to buy. It's possible one may quickly become the winner due to higher spec, price point or other features but its more likely it will cause consumer confusion.

In some ways though it doesn't really matter which is the outright winner. They are so close to each other in specification that its hard to imagine the majority of multiformat games not being released on both formats.

It's highly unlikely the wii u is very expensive to manufacture despite what Nintendo says. Nintendo are in a good position to be able to cut the price of the wii u if they have to and still remain profitable. The R&D money spent on the wii u may have to be clawed back at a slower rate if they do so.

#102 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

I disagree. It will depend on the price but I believe it will be more then just hardcore Playstation fans and I also believe it will be more successful then the Wii U during the launch period.

I don't think they will be significantly more expensive.

I expect PS4 to be around $400-$500+, this is just my opinion from looking at the specs. But I'll give you the 720, now that I think about it I don't think it'll be that much more expensive.

I still don't think it necessitates a price drop.

#103 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

This is Definitely happening now. No way the wii u stays put with a vastly superior PS 4 going for $399.

#104 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

This is Definitely happening now. No way the wii u stays put with a vastly superior PS 4 going for $399.

Vastly superior? Please, elaborate. I will absolutely admit that the PS4 is more powerful than the Wii U, but not "vastly". After seeing some PS4 games and then Mario Kart 8, X and Bayonetta 2, I can honestly say that, while the PS4 games do look slightly better, they are most definitely not vastly better. I'm sure the PS4 has the potential to be much more powerful, but not enough to make it a much better deal at $100 more than the Wii U.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#105 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Check out infamous second son. That launch title looks far better then anything we have seen to date on the wii u.

Plus the 8 gigs of ddr5 ram is worth the $100.

I will love my wii u for what it is. A machine for playing Nintendo first party games and that is it.

#106 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Dharmanator, on 14 Jun 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:Check out infamous second son. That launch title looks far better then anything we have seen to date on the wii u.

Plus the 8 gigs of ddr5 ram is worth the $100.

I will love my wii u for what it is. A machine for playing Nintendo first party games and that is it.
There's a gap, but it's not as big as you're making it seem.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#107 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

500gb hd
8gb ddr5 ram
Blu-Ray
Much faster processor
Download while playing the game (dedicated Second processor)

I can add more later.

The only advantage the Wii U has us the game pad, but that is turning out to be a gimmick.

#108 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I've stated this before I bought a Wiiu for Nintendo games and thus becoming my secondary system. The PS4 is without a doubt a stronger system spec wise and arguably game wise. Sony has a ton of exclusives that imo are up to par with Nintendos if not better and add on all the 3rd party games running smooth as silk on it. This forces Nintendo's hand and aside from needing titles by which when PS4 is released they will have they also need a massive price cut in the range of 100 to 150 in order for this system to sell better and then they will be alright.

#109 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

500gb hd
8gb ddr5 ram
Blu-Ray
Much faster processor
Download while playing the game (dedicated Second processor)

I can add more later.

The only advantage the Wii U has us the game pad, but that is turning out to be a gimmick.

You know that you can upgrade the hard drive right? So that's not really a plus.

You got me on the RAM, NIntendo should of went with 4GB DD3. 

Blu-Ray? I thought this was suppose to be a gaming console, and most gamers use Netflix or Hulu. Blu-Ray isn't as popular . Nintendo wouldn't even be able to use Blu-Ray, Sony owns it. This point is futile. 

Again, I agree with you.

You can download games while playing a game on the Wii U. Or unless you meant downloading the game while playing the game you're downloading, which makes no sense. 

This is coming from a person who has the PS4 preordered, most of your points are just silly. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#110 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

Sony actually confirmed that you can play a game while it's downloading back when the PS4 was first revealed. It seems like a strange idea and I don't know if it'll work well, but that's what he meant.

You can download games while playing a game on the Wii U. Or unless you meant downloading the game while playing the game you're downloading, which makes no sense.

#111 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Rod, You can play the game you are currently downloading on the Wii U? I Don't think so.

Also, where are you getting your free 500gb hd? If you are paying for it that will close the $50 gap between the deluxe Wii U and the PS4 without all the others. You can live without blu ray. Fine. But that is still about $100 right there for a standalone.

Odin. The more I think about it the better value the PS4 is looking by the second. My point is at the current price for a Wii U it is a ripoff compared to a PS4. End of story.

I was very hopeful for the Wii U. I had one at launch. It is fun. But the point of the thread was a price drop to be competitive in the market. To get in homes.
It Won't work at the current level. It needs to be priced lower to even be considered a second system.

#112 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Rod, You can play the game you are currently downloading on the Wii U? I Don't think so.

Also, where are you getting your free 500gb hd? If you are paying for it that will close the $50 gap between the deluxe Wii U and the PS4 without all the others. You can live without blu ray. Fine. But that is still about $100 right there for a standalone.

Odin. The more I think about it the better value the PS4 is looking by the second. My point is at the current price for a Wii U it is a ripoff compared to a PS4. End of story.

I was very hopeful for the Wii U. I had one at launch. It is fun. But the point of the thread was a price drop to be competitive in the market. To get in homes.
It Won't work at the current level. It needs to be priced lower to even be considered a second system.

Nintendo claimed games was what it was going to take to sell wii u's, not pice cuts.

They seem to be under the impression that nobody is going to buy a machine that has nothing to play, regaurdless of how cheap it is. Time will tell which of you is right.....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#113 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

You can buy a 500GB HD for 50$ on Amazon.  I'm not using the Deluxe as an example, the reason why its 350 is because it comes with Nintendo Land. So in reality it doesn't close the gap, cause I'm using the basic model. 

#114 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

You can buy a 500GB HD for 50$ on Amazon.  I'm not using the Deluxe as an example, the reason why its 350 is because it comes with Nintendo Land. So in reality it doesn't close the gap, cause I'm using the basic model. 

Plus, your camera is included;).

#115 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

My ideal Price:

Wii U 8GB

$249.99/£199.99

Wii U 32GB

$299.99/£249.99

Wii U 32GB + Pro Controller 

$329.99/£279.99

#116 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

I paid 194EURO for my Wii u basic set.

I even found a Wii u basic set together with tekken tournament for 179pounds at shopto. Thats hell of a good deal. But they did not have the games and pro controller i wanted, so there would be no point for me buying it since the 20pounds shipping. But if you live en UK thats the deal :)

#117 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

Who wants to bet that the Wii U will be dropped in price once the PS4 and XBone actually hit stores?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#118 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

PS4 launch=XBOX ONE price cut

Edited by Hitomi, 17 June 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#119 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

#120 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

PS4 and the 720's release will cut the wii U's price to free.

You jest. But history can be stranger than fiction! In the final hours of its life in a last ditch effort to reach minimum install base goals Sega started giving away free Dreamcasts if you signed up for seganet. Of course I don't think Nintendo is anywhere near in that bad a shape or in bad shape at all really XD

But how great would that be?

I'd totally do that deal:

Free wii U

If you sign up for Seganet

=P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!