• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#81 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

I don't want to see a price cut. Not for at lest three years or so...

What? I spent hard-earned cash on my Wii U, and I don't need Nintendo to devalue it so close to launch. That money took a lot of effort to earn, dagnabbit.

That's just being selfish to be honest as a price cut may encourage more people to buy one which is only a good thing.

#82 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Considering the fact that the PS4 is probably going to be insanely expensive to make with the specs it has, it probably won't even be in the same price range as the Wii U, unless Sony wants to sell the system at a loss so big that they may as well blow their heads off with a shotgun while they're at it.

I don't know if that's true. The APU used isn't very expensive. The most expensive part is the blu ray. I expect a 400 to 500 price point. 500 seems improbable, though, since Sony said they didn't want that price point.

I don't think Nintendo needs a Wii U price drop right now, they're already having trouble trying to make a profit on it. But if the PS4 is just dominating sales ( which I kinda doubt), Nintendo will either drop the price, or drop the price temporarily during a sale.

Instead of dropping the price, the better idea is to add more value at the same price point. That way it doesn't look negatively on them. People will say wow I get a free game! Freaking awesome, why doesn't Sony do this!

that's what Nintendo should do.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#83 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'm actually content with the price of the Wii U. I don't see Nintendo dropping the price anytime soon unless the PS4 starts selling like gangbusters which I highly doubt.

The reason I started this topic is precisely because I feel the PS4 WILL sell like gangbusters.

It has more buzz and excitement then the Wii U had when it was announced...Hell, remember the Wii U announcement? People didn't even know what it was. To me it was obvious. But a lot of people thought it was an add-on for the Wii.

Nintendo has really effed up this console launch. Good games but nothing that stands out. I am excited for a game that is a redo of a Wii game with 3ds graphics for Christ's sake. Ok. Lego City looks fresh 8)... but how many will Scoof at that even as a kiddie GTA?

My ultimate point is PS4 excitement is building Wii U is waning after a crappy launch.

The one tried and true way to fix this is a price cut. By the time all the games start coming out, no one will care anymore.

This really looks like Dreamcast 2. The Dreamcast was a great system that started to lose just with the buzz of the PS2.

#84 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Some retailers just started with a price drop.

Edited by TheSparrow87, 14 March 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#85 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Pretty decent price drop. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#86 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

I suppose one way to move inventory nobody wants is to slash the price (see PS Vita).

#87 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

Amazon uk have dropped the price of the wii u premium bundle to £249 which is about €290 if anyone looking to pick one up, includes free delivery

Edited by Smertrius, 15 March 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#88 Platinum rogue

Platinum rogue

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

The best idea is too sell It cheaply, only for the xmas period. when the new xbox/ps4 consoles come out.
Extermly Limited offer £150 premium pack with zelda wind waker. Would get great media and take the thunder from the competition.
That's how u would do it

#89 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

No matter what they do it would never be as big as a new console launch.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#90 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

The window is "Holidays 2013" .

I do agree that a price drop is likely.
I'm expecting (read hoping) that Retro Studios' new game, whether it be a new IP or an old one reinvented, to be bundled with the Wii U at a reduced price for the Holiday season. If needed, it'll be a price drop close to the 3DS scale, which was about 30%.

holiday 2013 could mean Easter,Arbor Day,Grandparents day etc 

Jontron.jpg

#91 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

holiday 2013 could mean Easter,Arbor Day,Grandparents day etc 

Actually, when you say "Holidays 2013" it refers to Christmas and the holidays surrounding that period.

It runs from November to Januari.

Easter and Arbor Day are holidays but they don't happen during the holidays.

#92 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

dont think alot of people will touch the ps4 until later down the line

ill be picking up a playstation 4 once price reaches between £250 - £300 in a bundle, right now im happy with my wii u and its games

but later this year ill be picking up a playstation three super slim and about 25 games along with playstation plus for under £400

#93 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

dont think alot of people will touch the ps4 until later down the line

ill be picking up a playstation 4 once price reaches between £250 - £300 in a bundle, right now im happy with my wii u and its games

but later this year ill be picking up a playstation three super slim and about 25 games along with playstation plus for under £400

I think you will find more people but the PS4 at or soon after launch then you think. Some people may take the same view as you but I doubt there will be many.

#94 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

hardcore playstation fans will buy at launch but others will wait until 12 months after to see what happens as will the new playstation have a lot more third party games than the wii u ?? i doubt it

#95 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

hardcore playstation fans will buy at launch but others will wait until 12 months after to see what happens as will the new playstation have a lot more third party games than the wii u ?? i doubt it

Pretty much this. The people who are going to buy at launch are the same people who buy everything playstation at launch, and just really dedicated gamers who buy every system at launch anyways.

Personally, I haven't seen a whole lot of this 'hype' TC is talking about aside from people who are already hardcore sony fans (and their fans are the most 'hardcore' in terms of their fandom by FAR).

The idea that the PS4 is just going to take off like a rocket is....unlikely. There are things already that are going to hold it back, mostly the fact that it's going to be competing with the PS3 and 360, and that it's going to share most 3rd party games with said systems. Plus, with the whole no backwards compatibility and no transferring of PSN purchases, there's not a whole lot of incentive for people to 'trade up' since they're possibly going to lose $100s in games they own digitally. Sony and MS are also going to (probably) launch their systems practically back to back. These two are each other's biggest competition and this is the first time they've ever had to compete head to head at the starting line with no install base. So it's going to be pretty interesting to see how the two of them try to fight over market share. I'm sure lots of gamers will be holding back and watching the both of them after all that has happened this gen. Top it all off, and we don't even know the most important aspects of the system. Price, launch line up, future line up, full features list, etc.

Anyways, as far as the WiiU getting a price cut with the PS4's launch.....possibly, but I couldn't really see that launch as being the catalyst that makes them do it. I could see them though doing a price drop/massive bundling deals to move the system once their holiday line up hits store shelves. I remember when they were pushing the gamecube really hard, they actually offered a free game (first party) with the purchase of a new system.

pNgecl.gif

#96 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

wii u has drop price by from being €380 to €340 for

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack

wii u black premium 32GB has drop price from being €380 to €340

http://www.gamestop....i U/Games/43930

#97 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Wii U is already sold at a loss, and I'm pretty sure that the PS4/720 are likely going to be significantly more expensive than the Wii U.... a price drop would be pointless.

#98 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Wii U is already sold at a loss, and I'm pretty sure that the PS4/720 are likely going to be significantly more expensive than the Wii U.... a price drop would be pointless.

Nintendo break into profit with one game sale, so I wouldn't count it out completely, around the holidays.  I wouldn't bet against them pricing it $50 lower per sku with the attach rate it currently has, which will only get better as more games are released.

#99 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Sony exec 'would hate all PS4 games to be FPS, action-adventure'

http://www.computera...s_mail_job=6196

#100 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

I disagree. It will depend on the price but I believe it will be more then just hardcore Playstation fans and I also believe it will be more successful then the Wii U during the launch period.

I don't think they will be significantly more expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!