How do you change the controls a Snes9x Mac Emulator? Thank you

JxkHfIT.png

#2 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Be careful with this, discussion on how to obtain ROMs is against the rules. Wouldn't you be able to change the controls in the menu?

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Snes9x? I think I've got that one. Lemme check.

No, I have ZSNES instead. Can't help you.

While I am here, and seeing as Mourn did re-open the topic, I will say this. I myself have no problem with emulation. It can be very hard to get hands on an old title, and I honestly wouldn't expect to always go out of my way for something that doesn't even get printed anymore. It doesn't mean that I don't think developers should get money, in some cases they very much deserve it, but as I said, I'm not going to spend time, effort and money on something that it's probably higher than it should be on eBay. It's silly to spend $240 on Earthbound, and I haven't even converted that to Australian dollars.

I do agree with Mourn, that no one should be asking for ROM's. The way I see it, Jacob's post is simply asking for assistance, and is not trying to involve anyone into emulation.

I reckon you can press alt in the software, find the corresponding options tabs, do it from there. You could also refer to an operations guide online.

Edited by Noona bit me :'(, 27 February 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

http://snes-fr.net/f..._macintosh.html
Translate it to english with google.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Y U NO BUY YOUR SNES GAEMS!

eKsvghU.jpg

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Y U NO BUY YOUR SNES GAEMS!

She bought her SNES games 20 years ago.
She can't buy them since they're not out on virtual console.
She doesn't have to buy them because they are now public domain content due to copyrights expiring.

There's 3 reasons she could pick from.
I stopped playing old games about 10 years ago because there's so many new ones I haven't played yet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

She can't buy them since they're not out on virtual console.
She doesn't have to buy them because they are now public domain content due to copyrights expiring.
I stopped playing old games about 10 years ago because there's so many new ones I haven't played yet.

okay I will take each line one at a time
1. Yes this is true, but have you ever heard of stone age gamer.com? you can get snes games for about $4 there. Well at least big titles. The highest I saw one going was like $20 and thats still cheap.
2. true in some cases. Still if I pirated a game with the copyrights expired, it would still be pirating wouldnt it?
3. Do you REALLY enjoy modern games that much? Most modern games take around 4-5 hours and are $60. Unless you have enough money to get yourself 5 games a month at $60....... yeah. :/. Also I have a lot of complaints about modern games, but thats a diffrent thread. Plus most gamers just get one console. I'm supposing you have a wii u. Tell me some games that you REALLY want for the wii u right now? Nothing? wow.

eKsvghU.jpg

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

But you cant buy Mother 3 in english and some games like Panzer on the Sega Saturn are impossible to find. Then I am all for piracy.

Signature_DK.png

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

1. Yes this is true, but have you ever heard of stone age gamer.com? you can get snes games for about $4 there. Well at least big titles. The highest I saw one going was like $20 and thats still cheap.
2. true in some cases. Still if I pirated a game with the copyrights expired, it would still be pirating wouldnt it?
3. Do you REALLY enjoy modern games that much? Most modern games take around 4-5 hours and are $60. Unless you have enough money to get yourself 5 games a month at $60....... yeah. :/. Also I have a lot of complaints about modern games, but thats a diffrent thread. Plus most gamers just get one console. I'm supposing you have a wii u. Tell me some games that you REALLY want for the wii u right now? Nothing? wow.

1. the point is you have the right to download a copy of that game since you bought it already.
2. no, pirating is what happens when you're taking a sale from the copyright holder. Since they're no longer able to hold copyright on the games, they can't profit from them.
3. I do like modern games. I like short games. I never pay that much for a console game. I mostly game on pc. mario mario mario mario and mario. That's all the games they've announce right? And bayonetta, got scribblenauts on pc since they couldn't be bothered release it like 9001 months after the us got it here but it's fine to release on the pc i guess, watch dogs.
If you meant games already out, I want trine 2, nsmbu, zombiu, all of which I own already. I might get the cave if they say they're going to add off-tv play in an update at some point.

The break in my post was to signify a change in topic.
The new paragraph wasn't a reason for her to play snes games on an emulator, or an excuse to.
It signified a change to me throwing my opinion on emulation because I view people who emulate as silly geese, if the game they want is available for a price they should pay that price.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Problem has been solved! 

JxkHfIT.png

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Buying from stoneage gamer is also pirating. Buying used games period is pirating as the people who made the product recieve no money despite still being the copyright holders.

You can not pirate games that are public domain. They are public domain and freely available to be used by the public.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Buying used games is pirating?  Are you stoned?

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

ZombiCarolyn, on 13 Mar 2013 - 07:11, said:Buying used games is pirating?  Are you stoned?

Nope, its technically true by definition, both literal and legal. Which is why microsoft and sony are trying to find ways to remove the ability to play, and thus buy and sell used games, because it is within their legal limits as it is, by definition, piracy, the copyright holders recieve no money for the sale, and the platform holder recieves no royalty.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

ZombiCarolyn, on 13 Mar 2013 - 07:11, said:Buying used games is pirating?  Are you stoned?

Nope, its technically true by definition, both literal and legal. Which is why microsoft and sony are trying to find ways to remove the ability to play, and thus buy and sell used games, because it is within their legal limits as it is, by definition, piracy, the copyright holders recieve no money for the sale, and the platform holder recieves no royalty.

You know there is a option called "Quote."

JxkHfIT.png

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Jacob, on 13 Mar 2013 - 07:31, said:You know there is a option called "Quote."

I actually use it. The boards made an update that changed something in the html, so now the wii u doesnt quote correctly. Thats why it has the info from a quote, like the user, date, and time, but its not in a quote box.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!