• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#301 Malazan777

Malazan777

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Mine comes from a fantasy series by Steven erikson called The Malazan book of the fallen. It's an epic 10 book series which if your into fantasy is a must read. The 777 comes from a special date of birth.
ID - Malazan777
Guns don't kill people, Zombies do!!!!

#302 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Jacob = my name.

LOL

JxkHfIT.png

#303 LeTrollMaster69

LeTrollMaster69

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Trollface, Ragecomics.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Mine came from my possession of many electronics.

The

#304 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

My username comes from a something I was called early on in my Marine Corps career. I was performing an op-check (checking all of the components for functionality, running test configs on routers and servers to make sure all of the components worked correctly) on one of our DDS (Data Distribution System - basically a military network in a box) suites. Everything checked out in my DDS suite but the router (a Cisco 4000 series, if memory serves) would not boot. The NVMEM component was toast. On my op-check folder I marked in comments "router bad" and turned the book into our inventory NCO.

The next day when the Corporal came in and started checking the op-check logs he paused for a moment and barked at me to come over. When I got there he asked if my signature on the form was in fact mine. It was. He then, making sure everyone could overhear in the shop, said "routerbad?! Thats some **** a third grader would say f***nu*s! Are you a f**ing third grader devil dog?!"

From then on out, every morning when I delivered the appropriate greeting of the day "Good Morning, Corporal" he would respond "Good Morning, PFC Routerbad!" and it didn't take long for everyone in the entire squadron to catch on to it.

That was about 11 years ago, and I'm still Routerbad, though one of my peers when I was a seargent wanted it changed to wordpad, it never stuck quite as well. A google search only references me.

EDIT: Just as an additional FYI, when he called me Routerbad, he said it like you would expect a third grader to, in a high pitched, slightly slurred accent.

Edited by routerbad, 07 February 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#305 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Mine is the most orignal... 0.0

JxkHfIT.png

#306 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

I got my username after commiting to the Insanity workout program. Its basically changed my life. Lost 70 lbs in 3 rounds and am currently on round 4. I'm at 200 lbs now

#307 CLOSED

CLOSED

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

For some reason, when I was thinking of a new username from Adam5366 I liked the word Parallax. I switched it round to Xallarap but I prefered to have the 'X' at the end so it became Xallarax (I wanted the pronunciation of Zallarax). I used Xallarax in a game called Pocket Legends but people kept calling me Allara which sounded like a girls username. In the end, I wanted people to pronounce it with a 'Z' at the beginning and so it became, Zallarax.

Edited by Zallarax, 01 March 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#308 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

I am x-orion (now Plutonas)...  God Plutonas (or Adhs), brother of Zeus and Poseidon, Estia, Hra and Dimitra in ancient hellenic mythology, is Hades in english...  Is the god of underworld, also the energy of all living things. Also the dwarf planet Pluto.

Edited by Plutonas, 01 March 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#309 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Thought up by the wife around twenty years ago due to me building track day 'project cars' and engine conversion work at the time. This was a big hobby of mine.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#310 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Mine comes from a fantasy series by Steven erikson called The Malazan book of the fallen. It's an epic 10 book series which if your into fantasy is a must read. The 777 comes from a special date of birth.

I stopped on Deadhouse Gates, started reading Wizard's First Rule, book 1 in the Sword of Truth series.

#311 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

First my name was Mr.Saturn90 named after a character from my favorite RPG Earthbound. I later dropped the 90 from my name and became simply Mr.Saturn. Then I went emo and changed my name to FallenSaturn and now since everyone always called me Saturn my name is simply Saturn now.

My username comes from a something I was called early on in my Marine Corps career. I was performing an op-check (checking all of the components for functionality, running test configs on routers and servers to make sure all of the components worked correctly) on one of our DDS (Data Distribution System - basically a military network in a box) suites. Everything checked out in my DDS suite but the router (a Cisco 4000 series, if memory serves) would not boot. The NVMEM component was toast. On my op-check folder I marked in comments "router bad" and turned the book into our inventory NCO.

The next day when the Corporal came in and started checking the op-check logs he paused for a moment and barked at me to come over. When I got there he asked if my signature on the form was in fact mine. It was. He then, making sure everyone could overhear in the shop, said "routerbad?! Thats some **** a third grader would say f***nu*s! Are you a f**ing third grader devil dog?!"

From then on out, every morning when I delivered the appropriate greeting of the day "Good Morning, Corporal" he would respond "Good Morning, PFC Routerbad!" and it didn't take long for everyone in the entire squadron to catch on to it.

That was about 11 years ago, and I'm still Routerbad, though one of my peers when I was a seargent wanted it changed to wordpad, it never stuck quite as well. A google search only references me.

EDIT: Just as an additional FYI, when he called me Routerbad, he said it like you would expect a third grader to, in a high pitched, slightly slurred accent.

Very interesting story RB. I like it.

Signature_DK.png

#312 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

First my name was Mr.Saturn90 named after a character from my favorite RPG Earthbound. I later dropped the 90 from my name and became simply Mr.Saturn. Then I went emo and changed my name to FallenSaturn and now since everyone always called me Saturn my name is simply Saturn now.

Very interesting story RB. I like it.

You should see the plaque my platoon made for me when I left.  The title read "Corporal Routerbad" and the message was attached to the motherboard of a bad router, lol.

#313 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

You should see the plaque my platoon made for me when I left.  The title read "Corporal Routerbad" and the message was attached to the motherboard of a bad router, lol.

Sounds like one of the classic memories that stick forever.

Signature_DK.png

#314 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Sounds like one of the classic memories that stick forever.

The Marine Corps is full of those, both good and bad.

#315 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

The Marine Corps is full of those, both good and bad.

My case worker had some pretty intereting stories from when he was in the Marine Corp. too. However not every story from the service is pleasant. The best stories to remember are the LULZ.

Signature_DK.png

#316 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

My username is inspired both by animation studio Pixar and the band Slipknot.

#317 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

my name is Alan & i have depression so i tend to think of things negatively & also have what you would call dark thoughts, hence Alan666

i am not some sort of weirdo ! i am quite nice so i am told, i do tend to speak my mind & am not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, i tend to be pretty blunt & to the point.

#318 MrSazperilla

MrSazperilla

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • NNID:MrSazperilla
  • Fandom:
    Star Wars, Team Fortress, Mario

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

sarsperilla is a very old soda pop sort of like root beer! I like the sound of it and at the time a was a little kid so I spelled it the way I felt like. Thats the story of how I got MrSazperilla!

S9sJhGQ.jpg

#319 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

sarsperilla is a very old soda pop sort of like root beer! I like the sound of it and at the time a was a little kid so I spelled it the way I felt like. Thats the story of how I got MrSazperilla!

Sarsaparilla in the US is root beer for all intents and purposes.

#320 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

my name is Alan & i have depression so i tend to think of things negatively & also have what you would call dark thoughts, hence Alan666

i am not some sort of weirdo ! i am quite nice so i am told, i do tend to speak my mind & am not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, i tend to be pretty blunt & to the point.

u shouldnt be negative, nor dark thoughts... or u mean goth style of chara...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!