GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

ok to my knowledge this is one (if not) the first next gen game confimred to be coming this year. I believe Ubisoft has a chance to help sell what the Wii U could and should be this upcoming generation. this is the first game we know is using a new game engine (for next gen) and will be running on everything from the ps4 to the xbox 360. this could be the PERFECT chance for them to show what the Wii U is capable of. so here is what i think they should shoot for and if they achieve it this could be the first breakout next gen game for Wii U. 

1.Take advantage of the more efficient CPU, more advanced GPU, and extra RAM to make the game look NOTICEABLY better than the ps360 version.

2. Lock the game at NATIVE 720p 60fps.

3. take advantage of the gamepad and make interesting touch controls(seriously the guy uses his phone to hack stuff) shouldn't be that hard to do.

4. gives us the OPTION of off-tv gameplay

5. Actually market the Wii U version and dont talk down about it like is a red headed step child compared to the ps4 and nextbox version.

so i dont think this is too much to ask for... is it guys? i believe if they can accomplish this it could show 3rd party developers how to treat a Wii U port and that the system is more than capable. so am i a crazy man or what? can this be accomplished? 

#2 CLOSED

CLOSED

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I really hope the Wii U version is 100% on par with the PS4 version bettering the PS360 versions.

Edit: If off tv play worked for this game, the PS4 would probably also have it as they wanted to use the vita just like the gamepad.

Edited by Zallarax, 02 March 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

ok to my knowledge this is one (if not) the first next gen game confimred to be coming this year. I believe Ubisoft has a chance to help sell what the Wii U could and should be this upcoming generation. this is the first game we know is using a new game engine (for next gen) and will be running on everything from the ps4 to the xbox 360. this could be the PERFECT chance for them to show what the Wii U is capable of. so here is what i think they should shoot for and if they achieve it this could be the first breakout next gen game for Wii U. 

1.Take advantage of the more efficient CPU, more advanced GPU, and extra RAM to make the game look NOTICEABLY better than the ps360 version.

3. take advantage of the gamepad and make interesting touch controls(seriously the guy uses his phone to hack stuff) shouldn't be that hard to do.

5. Actually market the Wii U version and dont talk down about it like is a red headed step child compared to the ps4 and nextbox version.

so i dont think this is too much to ask for... is it guys? i believe if they can accomplish this it could show 3rd party developers how to treat a Wii U port and that the system is more than capable. so am i a crazy man or what? can this be accomplished? 

off screen play sounds crap... gamepad is nice to be locked for the gadgets... ofscreen play dosnt help much in my opinion that kind of game.

#4 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

The wii u version will be developed closely with the 360 and PS3 because of similar architecture. PS4 and Xbox 720 are radically different hardware based on PC hardware. Thats not to say assets from their versions couldn't be used on wii u though.

This is a game that really should be miles better on wii u though because of the gamepad. Its qutie possible the wii u will be the best version in playablity terms but visually I'm expecting it to be close to PS3/360.

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

its not similar architecture... Wii U is out of order and ps360 is in order execution cpus... Wii U is gpu centric, ps360 is cpu centric... Its totally the oposite ...

Edited by Plutonas, 02 March 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#6 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

I think it's going to be a lame port myself. Since they already said Wii-U is not selling enough. Although I really hope I'm wrong on this.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 02 March 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

off screen play sounds crap... gamepad is nice to be locked for the gadgets... ofscreen play dosnt help much in my opinion that kind of game.

Off-screen is a MUST IMO, even if it's just just normal PS£/4/360/720 gameplay for me I have an annoying flatmate that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE for me to use the TV so off-screen play is the number 1 thing that attracts me to Wii U games... Until I move house 

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

u can use ur computer screen or laptop screen if they have an hdmi input or a classic com port...input

I lived in the uk in the past and didnt knew my flatmates, an agency choosed them... So I also have the worse experiences from that word " flatmate "  I mean the worse, NSFW experiences... lol (even comandos visited my house at that time because of them)... black ops 3...

Edited by Plutonas, 02 March 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

They said that they had Watch Dogs running on Wii U and they didn't have it on PS360, so I see the PS4 and Wii U versions being more like the PC version and the PS360 versions being scaled down.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I think it's going to be a lame port myself. Since they already said Wii-U is not selling enough. Although I really hope I'm wrong on this.

It's hard for something to sell when developers/publishers don't put enough effort in giving us quality titles. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I have high hopes for the Wii U version, as long as it's better than the PS360 version I'm sold, but please Ubi, market the sh!t out of it please...

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

They wouldn't put it on the Wii U if they didn't think it would sell. I mean, when the game was announced Ubisoft was like We all ready have a lot of teams working on the Wii U. I don't know if it will be on that machine, but it's possible.

And now they are saying we are getting it. Which means to me they see the value in bringing it over.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#13 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

1. it's not a port, so it will absolutely look better than the current gen versions.
2. Just like any other game...:P
3. I'm positive that the GamePad is gonna be used for the cell phone to hack stuff on one side, then have a minimap on the other, and a weapon switching slider on top of that
4. Off TV play is prob gonna be there, but it should incorporate touch controls too seeing that we won't have the GamePad exclusively for the cell phone anymore
5. If their still bothering with PS3 instead of focusing on PS4...they'll market it
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm bumping this thread because this is my most wanted Wii U game right now. Everyday I think of how crappy I will be if Ubi F's this game up. Thwy have said a lot about ps4 and xb1 versions lately but nothing about Wii U version. Can they pull it off and actually make this a decent 3rd party game a la need for speed most wanted U?

Edited by GAMER1984, 10 July 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#15 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

I preordered the Vigilante Edition yesterday. Im looking forward to seeing what it will do. While i do hope they push the graphics as far as possible with the WiiU version, im more concerned about more technical things. AC:3 on the WiiU was plagued with fairly lengthy load times, obvious model and texture swaps and low framerate. I would rather play something that looks like a PS3 game if it ran at 60 fps. But as i mentioned before i really hope they fix up those rendering issues, that really drew me away from AC3. 

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#16 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

I'm not preordering this game until I'm sure it lives up to the hype. It has an interesting concept, the gameplay demo looked great but that's not always meaning it'll be good. And it's a new IP, so... a lot of uncertainty there.

I'd really love to have a good Wii U version to buy, instead of having to buy the PS3 version if I actually like the game, because I certainly the PS4 this year.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

The wii u version will be developed closely with the 360 and PS3 because of similar architecture. PS4 and Xbox 720 are radically different hardware based on PC hardware. Thats not to say assets from their versions couldn't be used on wii u though.

This is a game that really should be miles better on wii u though because of the gamepad. Its qutie possible the wii u will be the best version in playablity terms but visually I'm expecting it to be close to PS3/360.

The architecture is not all that similar.  The only thing they share is a similar instruction set.  Not the same instruction set, but a similar one.  That's about it.  Wii U is GPU centric, has much more memory than PS360, and has completely modern logic.  Other than it not being x86 instructions, it really isn't all that different architecturally than PS4/XBONE (I could go deeper into how different Power7 is from PPE, but we've done down that road before).  Where it does differ from them greatly also is with the GPU logic, half of which is still a big mystery.  We'll see from watchdogs how far the Nintendo developer tools have come.

#18 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I've made my points about the wii u hardware being fundamentally weak and comparable to current gen overall previously but this is a Nintendo forum and a hostile crowd so to speak.

However on architecture the ps3, 360 and wii u have powerpc based processors with similar instruction sets although the cell clearly has additional processing units of a different type in addition to the main powerpc cpu. So definitely similar there.

From what has been reported the wii u gpu sits between 360 and Xbox one in performance but much closer to 360 than xbox one. Here the ps3 is clearly different with a nvidia based gpu.

Many comparisons about architecture focus on the cpu though as its the driving/controlling processor of hardware. PC's are described as x86 based etc,

Watchdogs I think is being developed for ps4, xbox one and PC in montreal, canada and the current gen versions are being developed in Romania and possibly by Reflections in the UK. The wii u version is being developed in Romania just like Assassin's Creed 3 and that developer struggled to get performance out of the wii u that exceeded current gen. If the wii u version has additional features it may struggle even more in comparison with 360 and PS3. I believe this is because of the weakness of the wii u hardware but even if you believe the wii u hardware is stronger than 360/PS3 the track record for this developer shows they struggle to get any additional performance out of the wii u, in fact previously they couldn't match the current gen versions with Assasin's Creed 3. So surely most are expecting a wii u port that is close to current gen based on the track record of the developer. They have had more time with the wii u though, so perhaps we can see some improvements. Clearly the wii u has strengths and weaknesses and if they develop to its strengths then I would expect some visual improvements even if some more cpu intensive features are reduced. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

#19 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

If the game looks better why no comment or developer tweets or footage? That would get a buzz going for wii u. It wouldn't do them any harm sales wise as if you want this game you'll buy it on whatever machine you have. Im expecting a game that looks current gen but maybe slightly better shading in places. Like need for Speed most wanted.

#20 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

I agree, i strictly want full control of his gadgets. I really hope ubisoft is doing this, but the lack of wii-u details has me concerned. regardless, between my ps3 and wii-u i for sure will be buying it on wii-u. 

Now I would be interested to see the final product in comparison on ps4, but watch dogs isn't going to push me to buy a new system. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!