Photo

Controller for GameCube games?

Controller download GameCube

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: GameCube games on Wii U (Read first post before answering) (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the Wii U will be able to download GameCube games?

1. Yes (29 votes [87.88%])

Percentage of vote: 87.88%

2. No (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

3. I really don't know (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

If so, how will you be able to play those games?

1. GameCube controller (with some sort of adapter to allow connectivity with the Wii U) (7 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. An enhanced classic controller with pressure-sensitive triggers (12 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. The Wii U controller or Classic Controller Pro, removing the pressure-sensitive feature from the games (14 votes [42.42%])

Percentage of vote: 42.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

:huh: I'm surprised that no one has thought there isn't going to be downloadable GC games on Wii U. There has been no hint by Nintendo that there might be GC games, and how to play them is still an issue.

Keep in mind that the poll is what you think is going to happen, not what you want to happen.
Posted Image

#22 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

:huh: I'm surprised that no one has thought there isn't going to be downloadable GC games on Wii U. There has been no hint by Nintendo that there might be GC games, and how to play them is still an issue.

Keep in mind that the poll is what you think is going to happen, not what you want to happen.

Nintendo did say it was coming: http://www.joystiq.c...ing-to-wiiware/

#23 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

Correction, There is a good chance, but we really do need to wait for confirmation from Nintendo, but if there are, I don't think there'll be lots, probably just a certain few the Nintendo thought were outstanding. Because when you think about it, some GC games were as big as 1.5gb, and that may not be something Nintendo wants to go for.

Edited by Jabob, 18 August 2011 - 07:56 PM.

#24 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Nintendo did say it was coming: http://www.joystiq.c...ing-to-wiiware/

Update: When asked directly to clarify whether the Wii U would offer downloadable GameCube content, Nintendo got back to us with this statement: "To clarify the capabilities of the Wii U system: As correctly stated, Wii U will not play Nintendo GameCube discs, however Nintendo has not made any announcements regarding downloadable content."

Posted Image

#25 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

I said that Wii U should not be able to download GameCube games but have controller support.
I would rather have Wii U play GameCube games by disc, not by download.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

Was the pressure sensitive feature ever used in anything other than Sunshine. I can't remember.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

I personally think that a Wii U Controller will be able to handle it. It has enough buttons, so why not? That only difference is, the Button Placement.
Posted Image

#28 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

I personally think that a Wii U Controller will be able to handle it. It has enough buttons, so why not? That only difference is, the Button Placement.

It aint got analog triggers.

#29 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

Do we need them?
Really?
I mean, touch screen and all.
And the Wii Remote was more than capable of doing all the controls of a PS3/360 CoD Game.

AuzzieWingman.png

#30 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

Are you sure it can't be a good controller without analog triggers. Maybe it doesn't need them :P

Edit: Forgot to post here, and then got Ninja'd by Auzzie...

Edited by Brian6330, 24 August 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#31 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Oh, I forgot to tell you then...

I am a part-time ninja.

AuzzieWingman.png

#32 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Oh, I forgot to tell you then...

I am a part-time ninja.

Yui's a Ninja? :o

Anyway, a thought just popped up... how many buttons does a Dreamcast Controller have? I ask because the obvious next step from gamecube VC is dreamcast VC... Will we need a new controller for that?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#33 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Yui's a Ninja? :o

Anyway, a thought just popped up... how many buttons does a Dreamcast Controller have? I ask because the obvious next step from gamecube VC is dreamcast VC... Will we need a new controller for that?

4 face buttons, dpad, start button, the little screen if it counts,1 joystick and pressure sensitive analog triggers like the gamecube controller <----- another reason the wii u controller should have analog triggers....

Edited by abbe, 25 August 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

I'd still like to know which games used Pressure Sensitive triggers, because I can't remember any beyond Sunshine. If the amount of games that did have it are small, then it's probably not likely.

AuzzieWingman.png

#35 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

As of yet it does not have GC ports. But im disappointed, from what i saw and heard the Zl Zr were triggers, i hope they end up being triggers and become L and R when playing GC games, that would make more sense because the GC contoller had a Z button (bumper), but it was in front of the triggers, so making Zl and Zr triggers (meaning pressure sensitive, like xbox and ps3) would solve the worlds problems, well, one of the worlds problems. So its settled, we shall invade Nintendo's HQ in Japan and order them to make Zl & Zr triggers. that would also rid me of that annoying clanking noise the GC controller made when pressing L or R. Xbox did it best and first, but i dont want an xbox, i want a nintendo system.
Posted Image

#36 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

As of yet it does not have GC ports. But im disappointed, from what i saw and heard the Zl Zr were triggers, i hope they end up being triggers and become L and R when playing GC games, that would make more sense because the GC contoller had a Z button (bumper), but it was in front of the triggers, so making Zl and Zr triggers (meaning pressure sensitive, like xbox and ps3) would solve the worlds problems, well, one of the worlds problems. So its settled, we shall invade Nintendo's HQ in Japan and order them to make Zl & Zr triggers. that would also rid me of that annoying clanking noise the GC controller made when pressing L or R. Xbox did it best and first, but i dont want an xbox, i want a nintendo system.

Nah... I don't think an invasion is really necessary. What we need to do is take the hardware plans, change them and put them back and Nintendo finalizes them without noticing.

Pretty good idea with making ZL and ZR analog triggers, it would indeed solve the world's problems. Now we just need to execute the above plan. Or just send a large wave of e-mails to Nintendo with the suggestion. That also works.
Posted Image

#37 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

I agree 100%
Posted Image

#38 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

I loved the clank noise!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#39 PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

The clank noise was the best! All of my friends learned to fear it soon enough. >: D Hopefully the Wii U will have GameCube ports, because if they do end up remaking GameCube games for the system, it will feel right. Nothing else will, at least to me lol. This is coming from a person, who hates using the Wii Wheel anyway. I can't imagine playing Super Mario Sunshine for example with the current controller. It'd be insanity.

Edited by PeaceMaker, 31 August 2011 - 06:58 AM.

#40 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Not to sound picky, but I believe the Dreamcast had L and R analog triggers first and they actually felt pretty good. If fact, the X-box triggers looked just like the Dreamcast analog triggers.

In anycase, I'm all for an invasion or infiltration so we can get some analog trigger confirmation for this potentially amazing system!

DCanalog.jpeg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Controller, download, GameCube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!