Photo

Controller for GameCube games?

Controller download GameCube

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: GameCube games on Wii U (Read first post before answering) (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the Wii U will be able to download GameCube games?

1. Yes (29 votes [87.88%])

Percentage of vote: 87.88%

2. No (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

3. I really don't know (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

If so, how will you be able to play those games?

1. GameCube controller (with some sort of adapter to allow connectivity with the Wii U) (7 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. An enhanced classic controller with pressure-sensitive triggers (12 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. The Wii U controller or Classic Controller Pro, removing the pressure-sensitive feature from the games (14 votes [42.42%])

Percentage of vote: 42.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

Anyways Im gonna wait until some company makes an adapter from GameCube Controller to Classic Controller because they have already done that with the NES controller and SNES Controller. :D

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#42 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

Not to sound picky, but I believe the Dreamcast had L and R analog triggers first and they actually felt pretty good. If fact, the X-box triggers looked just like the Dreamcast analog triggers.

In anycase, I'm all for an invasion or infiltration so we can get some analog trigger confirmation for this potentially amazing system!

Well.... you're right. I guess thats another first for the Dreamcast. Lets see what we're at now:
First screen in conroller
First internet connected home console (i know some computers at the time before were sorta consoles so thats debatable)
First portable game connectivity
First triggers
And probably first good console to fail (it sounds like a great console but i never got to play it... why did it fail.... oh thats for another thread)
Posted Image

#43 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

Well.... you're right. I guess thats another first for the Dreamcast. Lets see what we're at now:
First screen in conroller
First internet connected home console (i know some computers at the time before were sorta consoles so thats debatable)
First portable game connectivity
First triggers
And probably first good console to fail (it sounds like a great console but i never got to play it... why did it fail.... oh thats for another thread)

You're right. DC was a good console. I have no Idea why it flopped. Something to do with not having enough money in the right places, I'm sure.

I know some of you don't think analog triggers are important,
but removing a component that many gamers (and developers I might add) find very useful for their games probably isn't the greatest idea,
especially when they're not replacing the component with something better. Of course the touch screen feature on the Wii U controller is beyond AWESOME,
but accelerating and braking with the screen might not work as easily as pressure sensitive triggers would. Anyway, I just hope that they find a feasible way to incorporate em into the final design.

We have several months before the Wii U is officially released, so there's a chance the controller could change.

I just really, really, really, really want Nintendo to kick butt with this new system. I don't want any anti-Ninty dudes out there to be able to say anything about the Wii U. I feel like this might be something they jab at once the spotlight is put on this missing feature.

#44 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

You're right. DC was a good console. I have no Idea why it flopped. Something to do with not having enough money in the right places, I'm sure.

I know some of you don't think analog triggers are important,
but removing a component that many gamers (and developers I might add) find very useful for their games probably isn't the greatest idea,
especially when they're not replacing the component with something better. Of course the touch screen feature on the Wii U controller is beyond AWESOME,
but accelerating and braking with the screen might not work as easily as pressure sensitive triggers would. Anyway, I just hope that they find a feasible way to incorporate em into the final design.

We have several months before the Wii U is officially released, so there's a chance the controller could change.

I just really, really, really, really want Nintendo to kick butt with this new system. I don't want any anti-Ninty dudes out there to be able to say anything about the Wii U. I feel like this might be something they jab at once the spotlight is put on this missing feature.

I can understand how you feel, because this is how I feel too.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Controller, download, GameCube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!