YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

http://www.digitimes...AGES=PD&SEQ=221

Well at least they have high expectations. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

I need to login for the article but if that is really their goal.. Sony, you're so silly.

No sig.

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

Once again, misleading title is misleading...

If anybody would like to actually look at a article they can see, so they can actually see that this is only a rumor, feel free to look at the Kotaku article of which I will link here.

http://kotaku.com/59...s-for-this-year

mkrrPei.jpg

Plus, even if this rumor happens to be true through some freak idiotic decision, there's no way the PS4 will need 16 million units at launch. It'll be at least $450, which is a lot more than the general market would want to pay. Heck, the PS3 didn't even hit 16 million units sold for more than two years.

Edited by GameCollector, 07 March 2013 - 07:10 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

It is only a rumor, but if its true....

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#6 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

lmao sony cant do rainbow

#7 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Maybe they're selling it for $49.99 with subscription packages. Still wouldn't sell 16 million though.

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

build 16 sell like 2-4 mil. that will do nothing but hurt the bank. they will need to release early like september and be lucky to reach half that

#9 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

16 million???  are u kiding me???  1.5 million and I am very generous.  The price will be like 2x wii U's 

And the news about online restrictions is still gray...

Edited by Plutonas, 07 March 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

16 million???  are u kiding me???  1.5 million and I am very generous.  The price will be like 2x wii U's 

And the news about online restrictions is still gray...

I very much doubt the price will be twice that of the Wii U. I also think they will sell a lot more then 1.5 million although 16 million is a big stretch. They will certainly equal the Wii U's sales if not surpass them.

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

no way 5-6 million... JUST NO WAY... not even the half of it...  They speak about hollidays.. first 2 weeks.

How much wii Us are sold till to date?  4? March and Aprill will be a good month for it, as many games popping up... So maybe till next december wii U is more than 6 millions overall

Edited by Plutonas, 07 March 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

I very much doubt the price will be twice that of the Wii U. I also think they will sell a lot more then 1.5 million although 16 million is a big stretch. They will certainly equal the Wii U's sales if not surpass them.

I agree the price will not be twice the Wii U.

I disagree, however, that it will meet or exceed Wii U launch window sales.  I can see them getting close though.  They are still supporting the PS3 with games, and I think they will ensure that the PS3 continues to be supported, which will keep people on that platform for a while, considering the games coming out now for it won't be available for PS4 most likely.  With that said, there are people who will be able to both buy games for their PS3, and buy a PS4 and games.  There are also people who will buy the PS4 who didn't own a PS3.  I think Sony will be targeting that audience first.  Considering most people who bought the PS3 did so within the last two years, they don't expect those people to spend another $500 on a gaming system plus some games when they can't play the games they just spent a lot of money on for that console they just spent a lot of money on. Sony won't be able to afford to take a big loss on the PS4 but they will probably still take a minor loss, to avoid pricing themselves out of the market.  All of their divisions are reporting losses, so it isn't a great time for them.

I think Microsoft will focus more on casual gamers, and will probably try to bring their console on par with the Wii U price wise (they can afford to) and while it will still be using the Jaguar cores that the PS4 uses, I don't think the GPU will be quite as strong.  They will be focusing more on novel gameplay than pure graphical superiority, but we know that it doesn't matter much because they will all look very similar in that department.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

WOW, is that even possible? I don't think that's gonna happen..........

#14 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

How many iPhones does Apple sell when they launch them, usually in September? They're not gonna sell even close to that number.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

SO FAKE!

Why would a company expect 16 mil in a holiday season, definitely fake!

To be honest, I think they will sell like 2.5-3 million.

#16 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

If it costs anywhere near what what the rumours have stated than they will be lucky to get 3, and thats being generous.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#17 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

They wouldn't be able to shift that much units even if it was BOGO free lol

#18 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

To sell at least 5-10 million units they need to releasing Late September-Early November and even that is Madness. Also how are they going to sell that much when Xbox3 is supposed to be released then(According to rumors). The story must be fake or heard wrong. 

#19 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

If Sony manage to sell 16million in that time frame then i will show my arse on twitter. 

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

This is obviously fake . i expect around 1.5 million before 2014 for the ps4. The Wii U is at a pretty good headstart this year with a lot of hit games like Pikmin, wonderful 101, watchdogs, Monster Hunter( sells like crazy in japan), the new cod and or battlefield, etc. etc.

Wii U is already on a role and ps3 is still strong with a better lineup of games in 2013.

Signature_Fox.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!