Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

.............You're kidding. That's a really far fetched number in this economy.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

How many iPhones does Apple sell when they launch them, usually in September? They're not gonna sell even close to that number.

Hardly a good analogy. You can't compare a mobile phone to a video game console especially when the majority of those phones are subsidised and sold on contracts.

#23 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hardly a good analogy. You can't compare a mobile phone to a video game console especially when the majority of those phones are subsidised and sold on contracts.

Agreed, apples and oranges, no pun intended.  iPhone 5 sold 27M units globally in Q42012

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

I still think as long as the PS4 is reasonably priced and that means not more then $450 it will sell more then the Wii U has between launch and now.

#25 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

It's not an analogy. It's a gauge to see how ludicrous that prediction is. If iPhone can't sell 16m in that timespan, at a lower price with contracts, etc., Ps4 certainly cannot either. I'm simply using one of the most popular electronic devices as a measuring stick.

#26 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Wow, if this is true, which I'm almost sure it is not, than Sony is waaayyyyy more stupid than I thought they were...

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

It's not an analogy. It's a gauge to see how ludicrous that prediction is. If iPhone can't sell 16m in that timespan, at a lower price with contracts, etc., Ps4 certainly cannot either. I'm simply using one of the most popular electronic devices as a measuring stick.

Absolute rubbish. Comparing iPhone sales to that of a console make no sense what so ever. One is sold primarily on contract and the other isn't. Also if the number Routerbad quoted is true then the iPhone 5 has done a lot better them the Wii U has making your argument flawed anyway.

Wow, if this is true, which I'm almost sure it is not, than Sony is waaayyyyy more stupid than I thought they were...

There is nothing stupid about them. Companies make sales projections all the time. Even Nintendo did for the Wii U and that doesn't seem like its going to come true.

#28 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

BWAH HAHAHAHA! I really doubt it. IMO it will probably do worse than the wii u did in the same time period (after launch). But I actually really hope it does well, if it doesn't Sony is definitely going bankrupt or at least 3rd party unless they pull something brilliant out of the bag.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#29 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

u cant compare a game console to a phone...  Console audience lets say is 150.000.000 millions...  Phones is a much more wider industry... lets say 2-3 billions.

so if Iphone the most popular expensive phone sold in 4 months 27million... its more like 1.5-2.7m, even less, for a game console.

I personally use a mobile phone since 2002!!!  but I bought 3 consoles in all these years till to date...  Its not the same market. And they will never make it intrude into our market...

I never play mobile games and I stop playing handhelds also... if u try to promote iphone as a game console... lol

Edited by Plutonas, 10 March 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#30 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Absolute rubbish. Comparing iPhone sales to that of a console make no sense what so ever. One is sold primarily on contract and the other isn't. Also if the number Routerbad quoted is true then the iPhone 5 has done a lot better them the Wii U has making your argument flawed anyway.

There is nothing stupid about them. Companies make sales projections all the time. Even Nintendo did for the Wii U and that doesn't seem like its going to come true.

are you serious??!? That most certainly does make them stupid, they are predicting that they are going to sell more PS4s in the first two months than PS3 did in 2 years. Also the economy right now is exponentially worse tha. It was during the PS3s launch. Plus this probably isn't true, but if it is they are truly blind to their market. I'd be surprised if PS4 sells more than 4 million in its launch period( through first Q 2014).

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#31 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

are you serious??!? That most certainly does make them stupid, they are predicting that they are going to sell more PS4s in the first two months than PS3 did in 2 years. Also the economy right now is exponentially worse tha. It was during the PS3s launch. Plus this probably isn't true, but if it is they are truly blind to their market. I'd be surprised if PS4 sells more than 4 million in its launch period( through first Q 2014).

Yes I am serious. No it doesn't make them stupid and no we don't know for sure whether that is an official prediction from Sony or not. Whether it is or not they obviously have a number in mind they want to sell. Whatever it is its probably based on calculations based on various market and sales data. Not to mention I'm sure the PS3 sold more then then that in its first two years.

#32 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Lol what do you think I'm trying to say? All I'm saying is that if mega popular, less expensive phones can't sell 16m in 3 months, there is no way a gaming console $350+ can. It's not that complicated dude.

#33 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

I doubt they will hit that number but of they actually advertise their new console unlike Nintendo did, I can see them out selling wii u pretty fast.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#34 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

Wii u : 4 million sold, so far world wide and ps4 wont available in europe until xmas 2013, so isnts possibe sony  to make 16 million by end of year

#35 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

http://www.vgchartz....latform_totals/

In my opinion PS4 might sell 3 or 4 million at the very most optimistic this holiday, and I think a good 30% of those individuals will also buy a Wii U too, or will already own a Wii U.

Looking how the Wii U has already sold 2.72million out of its 4 million target already, they've got  8 months to make another 1.28 million on their first year target. I think Nintendo should raise their target far above 4 million and go for 6 or 8 million

Edited by Penguin101, 11 March 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#36 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Looking how the Wii U has already sold 2.72million out of its 4 million target already, they've got  8 months to make another 1.28 million on their first year target. I think Nintendo should raise their target far above 4 million and go for 6 or 8 million

Is that up to date? i thought Nintendo had sold more?

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#37 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

If they've sold more than that's even better! :D

Think it updates at the end of every week

Edited by Penguin101, 11 March 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

They've sold more than that.  They broke 3M back in December.

• Kao likes this

#39 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

They've sold more than that.  They broke 3M back in December.

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!