Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

650x.jpg650x.jpg0gQps.jpg

Courtesy of everyone's  least favorite gaming comedian analyst, Michael Pachter.

#2 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

yeah and how does he know this has he stolen doc browns delorian or something we will only know how well the consoles will do when they are all actually out and have got themselves established properly with games anything at this stage is premature guessing imo.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Michael Pachter, everybody!

applause_thumb%5B2%5D.gif?imgmax=800

Jokes aside, has he seriously ever been right with any of his predictions?

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

3535407920_frabz_Uh_NO_mmmm_no_a60c0a_an

The results will probably be the other way around to be honest. With Wii U selling the most because it will be a better gaming machine than the xbox with the playstation selling in-between.

Edited by WomboKingKombo, 10 March 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

I honestly can't see MS winning. As in matter in fact I'm pretty sure they will lose to both Wii U and PS4. Micheal Pachter is perhaps the worst game analysist on the face of the planet.

Signature_DK.png

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well, taking the widely-accepted rule of "whatever pachter says, it's usually the opposite," then the Xbox 720 and PS4 are going to tank this gen, and the Wii U is going to break a ton of positive sales records. :D

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I think the Wii U brings the most innovation.

86c.gif

#8 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

He has.... With the weather...

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Normally i understand Pachter. Sometimes i agree, sometimes i don`t. But these predictions and his comments on Iwata and Wii U on his show are just way wrong.

How can he say that Wii U is too similar to Xbox 360 and PS3? We are yet to see what Wii U is really capable of. So far, the only tidbits have been X and the last part on the Bayonetta 2 video.
"Not innovative enough"? Could swear that the gamepad is a brand new thing on home consoles and that Miiverse is a new thing aswell. Don`t really understand how PS4 having more RAM will make innovation more likely.

How could Skype be a killer app? Isn`t it the same as Video chat on Wii U?
TV tuner will bring it head on to competition on the cable distribution market and only in the states (most likely) and that`s a killer app?
Not to mention Kinect which sold really well but sold the device not games (like Wii). How is MS going to convince core gamers and casual gamers to pay 400 $/€ for a new console with a better Kinect when Sony failed to convince people with Move (better than WM+) when PS3 was at a lower price?

The publisher part is what i want to see in 3-5 years. Ubisoft is using a lot of studios just for one game and that game is based on current tech. That means that profits will diminish with more people and money invested in it; more people making one game, means less people making not only other games but less games made to offset losses on a game.

Edited by DéliopT, 10 March 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

TL;DR version: Pachter sucks.

Edited by Keviin, 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM.

No sig.

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

patcher also tries to promote ms because us economy is ready to colapse... true or false.

I am sure americans will prefer xbox... but not the rest of the world.

Edited by Plutonas, 10 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#12 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

I definitely don't think Nintendo will be first this generation, but I feel they'll have a strong one and build a stronger relationship base with third parties ready for the 9th generation Nintendo Console. Nintendo will certainly be steady this gen :)

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

3535407920_frabz_Uh_NO_mmmm_no_a60c0a_an

Like if your a strong independent gaming analyst who don't need no Nintendo :)

Cheers to everybody's favourite gaming analyst for this wonderful piece of insight, said no one ever.

Before i start my rant, i want everyone to know this is purely my opinion, feel free to disagree.

The WiiU has been the most innovative console we have seen so far, what has the PS4 given us? A small touch pad on the controller, the ability to stream demos (which won't be possible on 85% of the planet), more pointless uses for your move controller.

The kinect 2.0 will be very unlikely to be the main selling point of the 720 and other than that we haven't heard anything new that would give most people a reason to buy it except for the promise of better graphics and thats about it.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

i think ps4 will maybe surprise you ANDYG if you stop being dead against it and actually give it a chance it seems like they have really thought it out very well and the vita functionality is interesting also you know it will have some of the strongest support of the three consoles.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I definitely don't think Nintendo will be first this generation, but I feel they'll have a strong one and build a stronger relationship base with third parties ready for the 9th generation Nintendo Console. Nintendo will certainly be steady this gen :)

If Nintendo can pull that off - if Wii U owners do buy the games they crave for so much - than that will be a game changer for Nintendo! Better than coming out as winner.

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Bring dat 3D mario and sales will instantly start tipping in nintendo's favor this year.

Like if your a strong independent gaming analyst who don't need no Nintendo :)

Cheers to everybody's favourite gaming analyst for this wonderful piece of insight, said no one ever.
Before i start my rant, i want everyone to know this is purely my opinion, feel free to disagree.

The WiiU has been the most innovative console we have seen so far, what has the PS4 given us? A small touch pad on the controller, the ability to stream demos (which won't be possible on 85% of the planet), more pointless uses for your move controller.

The kinect 2.0 will be very unlikely to be the main selling point of the 720 and other than that we haven't heard anything new that would give most people a reason to buy it except for the promise of better graphics and thats about it.

I notics how the new xbox isnt really getting mentioned much. remember how ps4 and wii u were being discussed before their unvielings? It doesnt seem like many third parties are excited for the xbox....

patcher also tries to promote ms because us economy is ready to colapse... true or false.

I am sure americans will prefer xbox... but not the rest of the world.

Most americans i know enjoy it for everythinng BUT games hahaha.

Signature_Fox.png

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

my predictions. 

i will not do sales fegures for the lifetime, mostly because i expect this gens lifetime to be at minimum equal to if not longer than this gen.(and the gen after next gen to continue the same way).

720: take the big hit compared to the levels of the 360. get some 3rdparty multyplats, but have nothing truley specail except possibly kennect. 

PS4: ruffly maintain the level of the PS3. be the raw power graphics machine, but give no other major benefits. 

wiiU: to lose ground in sales compared to wii, but gain the 3rd party support. basicly lose direct financial ground but gain indirect. this trade transfering into a improvement over wii in the eyes of the avridge person, but equal out in money made by nintendo. 

early life:

wiiU: some expected stuff like fighitng the uphill battle against fanboy rumors. outsell competetors multyplat titles(watchdogs sell better on wiiU than PS4/720), do to early release, getting some footing ahead of others.

PS4: gets largest fanboy jumpon but quickly levels off afterword, expected playbase to catch up to nintendo 1.25-1.5 years after its launch. likly to overtake in its lifetime. 

720, get a large jump on but start falling afterword, simply not maintaining high momentom.

hoping for 4-5 points above to be right.

#18 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

i think ps4 will maybe surprise you ANDYG if you stop being dead against it and actually give it a chance it seems like they have really thought it out very well and the vita functionality is interesting also you know it will have some of the strongest support of the three consoles.

I never said it the PS4 was bad.... ok i did make it seem like that.

What i was trying to say my opinion against Patcher's comment about the WiiU not being as innovative as PS4. All three consoles (excluding steam box) will have their ups and downs,we already know that. While i don't plan to get the PS4 or Durango this gen, but i do look forward to see what they can bring in terms on new innovation.

Going back to the Vita support, yes it is very well thought out, yes it does look very interesting. Im just worried that it could turn out like the Gameboy Advance to Gamecube connectivity in which we will see some very good games make use of this feature however due to lack of sales on that particular software developers begin to leave the feature out.

The PS4 has already surprised me with what it can do, not enough to justify a purchase but it will most certainly change the way we think about gaming.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#19 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

A very well thought out reply I commend your reasoning I suppose it will be just a wait and see situation.

#20 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

If Nintendo can pull that off - if Wii U owners do buy the games they crave for so much - than that will be a game changer for Nintendo! Better than coming out as winner.

I'm confident that Nintendo will beat one of its rivals at least. And I'm sure it can beat its rivals in profit

I think with a well placed Nintendo direct and a fantastic E3. I can see Wii U's sales skyrocketing over the next 2 years before it needs some fresh fuel. It just needs a constant log of first party and third party exclusives announced in April and E3 to be released over this year and next. I can imagine sales reaching 7 - 8 million by Jan 1st 2014, especially with a couple of ones before summer to keep our appetite, and some great titles over the PS4 and 720 launch period (if it is indeed 2013) to battle the competition and some red hot titles coming out over the holiday season.

Of course Nintendo have to keep that feeling going over 2014 with a steady flow of gorgeous delights. I'm hoping retro's project(s) and Zelda U to at least be two or three of them.

Edited by Penguin101, 11 March 2013 - 05:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!