Photo

will there ever be a day where i wont have to buy a ps or xbox to play AAA games

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

because nintendo is oblivious to the interest of the modern gamer the wiiu was made weak onderpowered marketed towards children all of this will not attract third partys once again i will have buy a xbox just to play big name games what can do to keep third partys in the future?

#2 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Have you not looked at specs

#3 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

so far its already raping wii in 3rd party. but my predictino is it will be behind but not by much. close enough for PC to be best choice for other 3rd party AAA.

as for xbox. next gen it looks like its going to be a multyplat platform only good if you have 1 consul, but fairly poor for a serious gamer. now to see if that ends up being right.

#4 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

POPULAR

:mellow:

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#5 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

I'm actually 23 and haven't touch my Xbox or PS since its release

#6 purin172003

purin172003

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

because nintendo is oblivious to the interest of the modern gamer the wiiu was made weak onderpowered marketed towards children all of this will not attract third partys once again i will have buy a xbox just to play big name games what can do to keep third partys in the future?

i feel your pain

the wii u was going to be my only system this gen, but that's looking less likely now

#7 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

I honestly think the console will be able to do wonders in terms of power. Think about this PS is trying to be OP but got shut down by nvidia for not wanting to shell the money

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I honestly think the console will be able to do wonders in terms of power. Think about this PS is trying to be OP but got shut down by nvidia for not wanting to shell the money

haha yeah.

Have you not looked at specs

and this^ confirmed at least 4 times the raw power of xbox 360 with only about 50% of the architecture uncovered. And also don't forget the custom chipset Nintendo is using. My god, some people just love to show some real idiocracy on this forum especially when it comes to tech in consoles.

The Wii U doesn't work the same way an xbox or ps3 do for developers because of it's modern GPGPU architecture it's a little different for developers to work on. But Sony and Microsoft's new consoles have been confirmed to use similar hardware .

And don't even get me started on the fact that you think this is a child's console, kid are you serious? The Wii U has a better ratio of adult friendly games than the xbox 360 atm, which is funny because some people seem to believe xbox is for so called "adults" when almost all you see on live are kids playing cod. The Wii U appeals to EVERYONE far and wide, young and old. There is something that does or eventually will be bringing you to the Wii u.

Another thing is that you seem to believe it is "weak" ? watch this, thank you.

Signature_Fox.png

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

I love how people bring specs into it, they having nothing to do with it. Its more to the fact Nintendo themselves don't exactly go chasing 3rd party developers etc.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

There really has never nor will there be a reason to own only one system...unless your poor or rely on parents for gaming systems. There are so many Great 1st and 2nd party IP's on all the consoles. I usually buy all current Gen systems so this isn't a problem. Face it though, No one buys a Nintendo console for 3rd party. It's just a bonus.

Edited by Tricky Sonic, 19 March 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Tricky Sonic, on 19 Mar 2013 - 21:54, said:There really has never nor will there be a reason to own only one system...unless your poor or rely on parents for gaming systems. There are so many Great 1st and 2nd party IP's on all the consoles. I usually buy all current Gen systems so this isn't a problem. Face it though, No one buys a Nintendo console for 3rd party. It's just a bonus.
thats the point its one of the many reasons why majority of the gaming industry doesnt take nintendo seriously

#12 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, when the next gen console games cost $70 and cannot outperform PC.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

The WiiU is by no means underpowered, sure GPU may be a little slow but it's perfectly capable of running most next gen games.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

There really has never nor will there be a reason to own only one system...unless your poor or rely on parents for gaming systems. There are so many Great 1st and 2nd party IP's on all the consoles. I usually buy all current Gen systems so this isn't a problem. Face it though, No one buys a Nintendo console for 3rd party. It's just a bonus.

I'm not "poor" but I have more important things to spend £1000+ on than several games console. Nintendo should have good 3rd party support and it shouldnt be a "bonus". No one should have to buy several consoles to enjoy the best multiplatform games.

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

I'm not "poor" but I have more important things to spend £1000+ on than several games console. Nintendo should have good 3rd party support and it shouldnt be a "bonus". No one should have to buy several consoles to enjoy the best multiplatform games.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have the big multiplatform games. I'm saying that other consoles offer Great first/second party IP's worth picking them up for anyways.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

so far its already raping wii in 3rd party. but my predictino is it will be behind but not by much. close enough for PC to be best choice for other 3rd party AAA.

as for xbox. next gen it looks like its going to be a multyplat platform only good if you have 1 consul, but fairly poor for a serious gamer. now to see if that ends up being right.

34391220.jpg

#17 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

34391220.jpg

Care to explain?

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Care to explain?

id like this too.

#19 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

You might make a choice over PS4 and Xbox 720 but you will only get Nintendo games on the wii u. To me Nintendo exclusives like Mario and Zelda etc are more important than most of the exclusive games for Sony and Microsoft platforms. For me Microsoft has the weakest exclusives. The xbox 720 is the least likely console I will buy next gen if it ends up being technically weaker than ps4.

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

34391220.jpg

I'm pretty sure you need the Woody and Buzz Lightyear pic for that.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!