Photo

Don't believe the trash. Walking Dead is a good game.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 GKDAIR

GKDAIR

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I love the show, and you may think I show a bit of bias, but I promise, if this game sucked I would be the first to tell you.

I've played it for a couple of hours now. It's a good, solid game.

The graphics are honestly about on par with Zombi U. They aren't horrible, but they aren't pushing what the Wii U can do.

The gameplay is also similar to Zombi U. A lot actually. It's basically Zombi U with more Melee weapons, so for those of you who complained about the lack of them in Zombi U, you may want to try this.

You basically are given a somewhat big map, and a main goal. You also get side missions as well. Unless I am mistaken, your compass however, will only show you the direction of your main mission. There is no map, only your compass.

Zombies are spooky and intimidating but go down fairly easily. Just like the show, you can't handle more than 2 or 3 at a time. I backed myself into a corner only fighting two zombies, and they nearly killed me. You scavenge the map for weapons and equipment. Any noise and the zombies can hear you, and if you sprint for too long, you start to sweat, and the zombies can smell it. It's very intimidating trying to sneak through an entire horde. You have things like bottles which you can throw to lure the horde away, which have proven to be very useful.

You do have a lot of guns in this game, but I don't advise using them. You don't have much ammo, and the guns attract zombies to your location. You can send people out on missions while your busy doing your main goals, and they will collect things like food, gas, weapons, and ammo. You can also take people with you, but you have a limited amount of space, so you need to pick what people you think would survive the best on these missons, and different survivors have different personalitys and can affect how well they do on the missions.

I'm about two hours into the game, and I am very impressed. It's a very fun game, and I'm having a blast. I honestly expected this to be just Call of Duty with zombies, but it's not at all. It's a very solid title, and I really recommend picking it up if you don't plan on getting any other releases this week. If you are, I recommend you only get it if you are a fan of the show, like me, or you have a bit of spare cash. It's fully worth the full price they are asking,

A soild 8/10

#2 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Wasn't The Walking Dead this game about all the feels and stuff? What's this about guns and Zombie U?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

about all the feels and stuff?

Yes. This is 2012.

#4 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Wasn't The Walking Dead this game about all the feels and stuff? What's this about guns and Zombie U?

They're talking about "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct" not the game by TellTale.

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

There's two WD games.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

is it scary?

#7 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

The show is not even remotely scary, so I really doubt the game is.

#8 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

well he did compare it to zombiU so...... is it scary?

#9 GKDAIR

GKDAIR

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

That really depends on what you define as scary.

The game can be very tense and nerve racking if given the right mindset. Sneaking through a bunch of buildings while trying to avoid a horde can be quite intense, and being attacked by the sudden Ninja zombie can scare you pretty good. You really feel panicked when you see the walkers coming after you, and you really feel quite vulnerable.

I wouldn't say it's as intense as the nursery level from Zombi U, but it has it's moments.

#10 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

well he did compare it to zombiU so...... is it scary?

nah. It's disgusting. It doesnt have that scary ZombiU vibe. Its plain Zombie killing. It might be a good game tho
Posted Image

#11 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

show is.... decent, but the game was pretty bad

wa3Nq7j.png

#12 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Good news I'll buy it then, oh wait I live in Australia...

#13 xeoRogue

xeoRogue

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

don't buy it look at the reviews, rent it first.

Reviews:  http://www.metacriti...rvival-instinct                                             5.5/10

http://n4g.com/news/...t-review-g4mers                                           3/10

http://www.polygon.c...l-instinct/7980                                                          3/10

Edited by xeoRogue, 19 March 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

is it scary?

Yes but not in a good way :P

The game is straight up poop

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yeah I'm getting this. A lot of critics are giving it bad reviews but I've seen a lot of "user reviews" that said it was good.

Also, I think a lot of people who are saying this is bad are comparing it to the telltale game, which it is not.

#16 GKDAIR

GKDAIR

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

How come people pick and chose when to look at review scores? "Reviews don't matter" right? Oh, except in this case. People are just flat out pathetic, honestly.

Not everybody is going to like this game, but it really pisses me right off when people who haven't even played the product badmouth it and say it looks like crap.

This game is going to get murdered in reviews, you don't need a genius to tell you that. I honestly thought this game would suck as well, but upon playing I was very delighted. The reviews out for the game are pure trash, there is no way in hell this game is as bad as a 3 or 4. Looks like the check didn't clear for some people.

#17 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

I highly recommend watching the stream from yesterday on IGN before purchasing this game.  Greg played it for three hours, and the game looked no better than an original Xbox game.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#18 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah from what I've read on Miiverse, people have been ripping this game a new one. I don't plan on picking it up though. I played the other Walking Dead on Steam.

#19 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

im going to wait till some sucker puts it on ebay in the next few months

#20 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

I knew this game was trash to begin with, anything combined with FPS, and Activision on a very popular series means a bad thing.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!