Photo

Don't believe the trash. Walking Dead is a good game.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Sorry don't agree chap.

http://thewiiu.com/t...ng-dead-aliens/

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#22 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Thank OP for this honest review.

That is all I have been waiting for.

I'm definitely gonna pick this up now thanks to you.

I had a feeling that they didn't send out review copies because critics would rail the game but it seems like it's a WD game made for the Fans, which I welcome with open arms.

:) 

Sorry for the double post here guys.... 

Picked up Walking Dead on Saturday and played about 1 1/2 hours last night and.......... (drumroll)

It's wicked fun!!!!

Yes, the graphics are not that good.

Yes, the mechanics could use some work.

Yes, it's a licensed title.

Now that we have those things out of the way, let's talk about how fun this game really is.

First off, the simple (yet difficult) way that you have to play the game is amazing. It's not all about busting down door and blasting zombies.

It's way more complicated than that.

It's a Survival game through and through.

Your best line of defense in this game is to grab a decent melee weapon, crouch down for stealth maneuvering, find as many gas containers as you possibly can and try and keep other Party Members that will be useful to you and not slow you down.

There's definitely a bit of strategy that goes into how well you utilize your supplies and which route you choose to travel.

At the end of each "Area" that you scavenge through you are presented with multiple options for Routes to take on the road towards the next "Area/Mission." After you choose which location to head towards next, you then have to choose which type of road you would like to travel on. They give you 3 choices each time (which are the same 'type' of choice but different locales) 

Back Roads

Streets

Highways

Of these choices that you are presented each one of them comes with differing difficulties and challenges.

Such as this.

If you choose Back Roads you will use more Gasoline but you are less likely to run into road blocks and/or breakdown.

Streets - Less gas but a higher chance for blockages.

Highways - Very high probability to break down and most likely hit road blocks but you will use way less gas.

So just based on these options alone the game is brilliant.

Take that into account and also add on the simple fact that you can share your party members items (health, weapons etc) and this is really solid game. I am loving it so far.

Oh and by the way, it's pretty tough too and the sense of urgency to find items is great!

I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves strategy/horror based games and you don't care about super HD graphics. :)

#23 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

I own all the episodes of Telltale's WD game. (Season 1) Finished it and enjoyed every single episode. I haven't tried the other WD game. But I'll check it out soon.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#24 Nosuperpowers

Nosuperpowers

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • NNID:No_super_powers

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Now see that's the review I was looking for, I don't care for amazing graphics as I bought a wiiu. I want something that is like the show survival.

Not resident evil 5 or 6, I think that because it's zombies people auto think its should be kill kill kill move on kill kill kil get this put there kill kill kil.

I want true survival game think and feel like yea it's me against the world not il just kill everything on screen and move on.

Was looking to pick it up but as everyone on reviews is panning it, that means in next few months should be really cheap so will pick it up then

But at least I won't avoid it now as reviews said to do, I don't go by reviews I go by honest gamers opinions

#25 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

^^^ This is exactly why I wrote that. I'm glad that it has helped you in making the choice to pick up the game (eventually).

I figured that I would just take the plunge even with it's "bad reviews" simply because I read an article with one of the lead Dev's and he talked about the different choices that you have to make in the game and how it's more of a scavenging/survival horror rather than a shoot em up.

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is today when gamers will shun a game simply because the graphics aren't "amazingly mind blowing"....

When the heck did gaming become all about graphics?

HD graphics are awesome, don't get me wrong. But if the game sucks then who the hell cares if it looks pretty.

I will always buy a game that plays well over a game that looks nice.

;)

#26 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I love it also.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't going to win any awards. But for what it is, it isn't terrible. ZombiU? No. But it still gave me a few cheap frights. I'm actually really really enjoying it.

#27 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

I dunno what to get this game or Need for speed! :o

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#28 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

^^^ This is exactly why I wrote that. I'm glad that it has helped you in making the choice to pick up the game (eventually).

I figured that I would just take the plunge even with it's "bad reviews" simply because I read an article with one of the lead Dev's and he talked about the different choices that you have to make in the game and how it's more of a scavenging/survival horror rather than a shoot em up.

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is today when gamers will shun a game simply because the graphics aren't "amazingly mind blowing"....

When the heck did gaming become all about graphics?

HD graphics are awesome, don't get me wrong. But if the game sucks then who the hell cares if it looks pretty.

I will always buy a game that plays well over a game that looks nice.

;)

I think a lot of people just assume it's going to be bad because the game is published by Activision and because it isn't the overrated telltale game.

#29 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

I just may rent it. Believe me boy I never trusted critics since 2001 or 2002 (when the FPS craze blew up).After all it has to be way better than the quicktime based TWD games. 

Signature_DK.png

#30 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

I think a lot of people just assume it's going to be bad because the game is published by Activision and because it isn't the overrated telltale game.

That's such a shame if that's the case. Activision used to make amazing games!!! Just because they have faltered on a few titles does not mean that they still can't put out fun/playable games.

I just may rent it. Believe me boy I never trusted critics since 2001 or 2002 (when the FPS craze blew up).After all it has to be way better than the quicktime based TWD games. 

Good for you for not trusting reviews. What a lot of people fail to realize is the simple fact that reviews are simply some single person's opinion. Just the same as Movie or Music Reviews. I love movies that have been absolutely panned by critics so that just goes to show you that you can't judge a "game" based on a review. You have to play it yourself to see if you enjoy it.

#31 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

That's such a shame if that's the case. Activision used to make amazing games!!! Just because they have faltered on a few titles does not mean that they still can't put out fun/playable games.

It's because they do COD, so people assume that everything they do is going to be a mindless shooting game.

#32 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

It's because they do COD, so people assume that everything they do is going to be a mindless shooting game.

You know I honestly didn't even know that. Hahahhaa.... whoops.... 

Shows you how much I care about COD and other mindless shoot em ups like that.

I was referring to back in the day man.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Spiderman 2

They were killing it with games in the late 90's/early 00's.

#33 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

You know I honestly didn't even know that. Hahahhaa.... whoops.... 

Shows you how much I care about COD and other mindless shoot em ups like that.

I was referring to back in the day man.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Spiderman 2

They were killing it with games in the late 90's/early 00's.

Yeah they used to make pretty awesome games. Still make a few.

#34 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Tried it again for half an hour, its not for me. Controls are horrid, guess its a case of each to there own.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#35 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

No, just no this game is not good check out this guys review

I love Angry Joe, and he just saved me £50.

#36 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

^^^ Like i've said many times before..... Just because someone else thinks a game is "bad" doesn't mean that someone else won't think the game is "good" or "great" even.

I personally LOVE WD: Survival Instinct.

The graphics aren't the best but they certainly aren't nearly as bad as critics and grumpy teenagers are saying online.

Most importantly, the game plays very smooth and there aren't any frame rate drop issues or screen tearing or anything like that. It looks just the way that Terminal Reality intended it to look. Which to me looks pretty darn good.

My only suggestion to you is that give it a chance by playing it first hand and then you can either bash it or praise it.

Pick up a copy for rental via GameFly or Redbox and check it out. 

* Not trying to start an argument here. Just sticking up for the game because it's getting so much bad press and the only thing that is selling it are the people who actually bought it and are now defending it. ;)

#37 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

That's a matter of opinion. In my opinion the Tell Tale game is in no way overrated. As for this game I've not played it but reviews can be just as much valid opinions as consumer comments on forums like this. The overwhelming concensus is that this game is poor and I will go with that. There are better games I can spend my hard earned money on.

#38 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

That's a matter of opinion. In my opinion the Tell Tale game is in no way overrated. As for this game I've not played it but reviews can be just as much valid opinions as consumer comments on forums like this. The overwhelming concensus is that this game is poor and I will go with that. There are better games I can spend my hard earned money on.

Like you said, it's a matter of opinion. Just because almost everyone says something is great doesn't make it great (Telltale's WD), and just because almost everyone says something is bad doesn't make it bad (Activision's TWD). Anyway, whether you like the telltale game or not it is still a very overrated game. I enjoy GTA but I have no problem saying it is overrated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!