• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

I think most people gave up on trying to directly compare the Wii U gpu to an off the shelf product. The fact is, Criterion made mention that they were having trouble getting the "GPU" to run at an acceptable framerate. Not the CPU, not the memory, but the GPU. If this were an off the shelf HD4*** or HD5550 GPU, getting things running well would not have been a mystery. The updated information and tools allowed them to go from having trouble getting a 360/PS3 level game running at an acceptable framerate, to being able to make an upgraded port with a more stable framerate. This all happened over a period of about 3 months. Its obvious that the GPU is using some unconventional tech.

Which is usually what happens, to be honest. Consoles aren't suppose to be stock parts. That was one of the biggest complaints with the original Xbox.

They usually start with a stock part. Which, by the way, Sony is using a mid grade APU, and Nintendo choose a top of the line card (for its time) ... And that was the card that was the basis for future generations.

So anyway ... Now that I rambled lol I will stop.

But it is obvious that people here don't think it is obvious. :'(
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!