NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

lol, this was one of the comments posted under this youtube video....

"Remember folks, the PS4 version of the demo is based on the old specs (4GB GDDR memory) while the final hardware has 8 GB GDDR memory."

defend, defend, defend! 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

this have nothing to do with the effects and particles on the screen darling.... 4gb gddr5 is more than enough for it... the pc version u see, its 2gb of gddr5

Watch the beginning inside the room... horrible flickering, no bloom, half fog... (watch the fog very carefully, also less items falling from se sealing! And less fire... its about 50% what pc can do) and less fps...

Edited by Plutonas, 03 April 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Not only is their less debris falling from the ceiling, aside from larger chunks like whole bricks, most of its culled almost immediately after it hits the ground. You can see it just.... dissapearing... mid bounce flying and then... dissapears. And the debris is animated at a noticably lower framerate than the rest of the scene, Theres that gddr5 latency rearing its ugly head.

and the lighting isnt even real time anymore, the sovgi has been replaced with the prebaked light mass technology from ur3.

And the poly count seems drastically lower. Tesselation scaled down? removed?

Its really not looking good.

Edited by 3Dude, 03 April 2013 - 04:16 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

IS it certain that ps4 uses a 7xxx gpu?  They are known for good tessellation... but thats horrible!

Edited by Plutonas, 03 April 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

Guys, you are missing the point. The ps4 final specs are for 8 gigs of ram. This demo is only on 4 gigs. The other 4 gigs will make up and fix all of the problems you see in the demo. The PS4 is much more powerful then a PC and can run the UE4 engine at 60 fps, just wait till you see it with that extra free ram!

Another quote from youtube comments "You can't really tell that the PS4 will perfrom at the level of an HD 7850. Games on consoles don't have windows running in the background and get tweaked like hell." 

poop.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 April 2013 - 05:27 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Pfft. It lags on the PS4. xD

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

The PC version obviously looks superior. However, the PS4 version still looks really good to me. 

No sig.

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

Want to see someone try this onWii U just for giggles

Edited by GAMER1984, 03 April 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Not only is their less debris falling from the ceiling, aside from larger chunks like whole bricks, most of its culled almost immediately after it hits the ground. You can see it just.... dissapearing... mid bounce flying and then... dissapears. And the debris is animated at a noticably lower framerate than the rest of the scene, Theres that gddr5 latency rearing its ugly head.

and the lighting isnt even real time anymore, the sovgi has been replaced with the prebaked light mass technology from ur3.

And the poly count seems drastically lower. Tesselation scaled down? removed?

Its really not looking good.

Exactly,

I noticed lower poly counts, lower resolution textures, particle effects from snow and fire have been removed, no realtime GI, (maybe some color bleeding), environmental culling.  This isn't very good, and more RAM doesn't make up for any of it.  That GDDR5 latency is going to be a problem with physics engines and procedural effects when the CPU is constantly fetching and causing lots of RAM refresh waits.  Where is the SSAO that was so important in UE4?

Edited by routerbad, 03 April 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

not even bloom!  I wonder why... And very low fps (maybe 15-20 max)... In the begining and while the leech king.. walks out from the building... things falling so slow!! watch it once with ps4 and once with pc... Its hard to see little things if u watch it as a whole thing. Thats why sony conference showed only the ice cracling... and nothing else, because it was all whites and we couldnt judge it from it.

Edited by Plutonas, 03 April 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

not even bloom!

There was some HDR present when the light was shining through a hallway.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Guys, you are missing the point. The ps4 final specs are for 8 gigs of ram. This demo is only on 4 gigs. The other 4 gigs will make up and fix all of the problems you see in the demo. The PS4 is much more powerful then a PC and can run the UE4 engine at 60 fps, just wait till you see it with that extra free ram!

Another quote from youtube comments "You can't really tell that the PS4 will perfrom at the level of an HD 7850. Games on consoles don't have windows running in the background and get tweaked like hell." [/size]

poop.jpg

The pc version of the demo only used 2GB gddr5 iirc....

The main memory was ddr3.

The improvements that can be done via more ram capacity have actually already been done.

Some of the textures are nicely higher res up close... The ice is showing some beautiful transparancy work.

The problems we are talking about come from processor and ram latency issues. More ram wont be what fix these issues.

Edited by 3Dude, 03 April 2013 - 07:25 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

The PS4 version suffers some frame rate issues, there are some details missing along with some details looking different, and the lighting scheme is different than the PC version

That's all I noticed
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

The PS4 version suffers some frame rate issues, there are some details missing along with some details looking different, and the lighting scheme is different than the PC version

That's all I noticed

There is a LOT missing.  Tesselation on the lava, particle effects, lower resolution textures, some surfaces lack normal maps, the lighting is completely off, etc.

Like 3Dude said, though, there are still some very nice things being pulled off, but I don't think any of it is thanks to UE4 specifically.

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

There is a LOT missing. Tesselation on the lava, particle effects, lower resolution textures, some surfaces lack normal maps, the lighting is completely off, etc.

Like 3Dude said, though, there are still some very nice things being pulled off, but I don't think any of it is thanks to UE4 specifically.

What is tesselation anyways? That is the most commonly used term when discussing graphics nowadays, most notably the lack of it on consoles.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Wow, the differences are clearly noticable. >_> But of course, the Sony drones will defend it and continue believing that their precious box will outperform PCs.

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

What is tesselation anyways? That is the most commonly used term when discussing graphics nowadays, most notably the lack of it on consoles.

There hasn't been a lack of it, it's just been too resource intensive to use it liberally.

Tessellation is polygon subdivision and is used to create dynamic textures and realistic material effects.

#19 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

it'll do for me can't be bothered with uprgrading my pc anymore it's common sense that pc hardware will be better because you only have to look at the size of a gaming gpu to know that you couldnt fit one of those in a tiny console box.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

The pc version of the demo only used 2GB gddr5 iirc....

The main memory was ddr3.

The improvements that can be done via more ram capacity have actually already been done.

Some of the textures are nicely higher res up close... The ice is showing some beautiful transparancy work.

The problems we are talking about come from processor and ram latency issues. More ram wont be what fix these issues.

Sorry, was being sarcastic with my entire post there. Just funny to read some of the comments under that youtube video from people trying to think of reasons of why the Sony version doesn't match the PC version.

Don't get me wrong, it looks good but as you and others said, that extra ram is going to be used for a bunch of other services anyways.

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 April 2013 - 12:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!