Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Latest Castlevania game didnt make an appearance on the Wii U, so I highly doubt it...

And toon link, fox mcloud, falco longbird, wolf, Ike, olimar, pokemon trainer, Samus, DK, diddy kong, mr game and watch, pit etc never appeared on the wii before ssbb came out. Yet they appeared on the game

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#22 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

And toon link, fox mcloud, falco longbird, wolf, Ike, olimar, pokemon trainer, Samus, DK, diddy kong, mr game and watch, pit etc never appeared on the wii before ssbb came out. Yet they appeared on the game

LOL

Is CastleVania a first party franchise?

Posted Image

#23 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

LOL

Is CastleVania a first party franchise?

Nope, but it won't be the first time they added a 3rd party char to SSB (plus castlevania has been on more nintendo consoles the sonic and snake has)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#24 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Mewthree

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#25 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

We need a representative from Animal Crossing, it's proving to be one of Nintendo's biggest franchises selling 3 million copies in Japan and another small region. Resetti could work, he could use his pick as a weapon, or even Tom Nook could whip the enemies with his apron! :D

2lvmghw.png

#26 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Actually, the first Pikmin Wii port was on the Wii by the time the game came out. But you're right about the rest of them.

#27 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Lyn > Lucina 

#28 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Nope, but it won't be the first time they added a 3rd party char to SSB (plus castlevania has been on more nintendo consoles the sonic and snake has)

I know it wouldn't be the first time they add 3rd party characters to SSB...

Sakurai has been adding characters for three reasons: for their popularity, to be advertized, or to show that Nintendo is in good terms with another company. I'll explain.
Most of the characters have been added for their popularity (Mario, Link, Samus and all the other Nintendo all-stars). Some characters were added to be advertized because SSB happens to be a really powerful advertisement platform. Take Roy and Marth as an example. Roy was added to the roster before even making an appearance in Fire Emblem. Roy's and Marth's popularity was so big they chose to release Fire Emblem outside Japan.

The third reason is the one concerning 3rd party characters. Sonic has been added to the roster because Sega was in good terms with Nintendo. Sega has released Sonic Colors, Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic and the secret Rings, namely, on the Wii. This showed that Sega and Nintendo we're doing well together. Sonic's inclusion in the roster kind of sealed this "friendship". For Konami, the inclusion of Snake was a proof that they weren't in bad terms with Nintendo. They soon released a remake of Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3 (I don't remember) on the 3DS.

A company that makes a lot of games for a Nintendo console shows support. A company that stopped to do so shows the opposite. Your reasoning was wrong.

I was wrong about Castlevania support though, they released many games on Nintendo consoles, so seeing a CastleVania character would indeed be really likely, but, again, 

"And toon link, fox mcloud, falco longbird, wolf, Ike, olimar, pokemon trainer, Samus, DK, diddy kong, mr game and watch, pit etc never appeared on thewii before ssbb came out. Yet they appeared on the game"

is totally wrong and lacks logic.

Posted Image

#29 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Remember how Mewtwo was in Melee? Well I think we have our replacement

#30 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 03:03 AM.

#31 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I'd rather have Blaziken in SSB4 rather than a new-gen pokemon, since Blaziken seems like a character that SHOULD be in a fighting game.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#32 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

I'm very skeptical about Krystal from Star Fox. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a really nice character and all! But she hasn't really been that active in games lately, so I doubt it :( (but I would love to be wrong tho)

Edited by BKSmash, 10 May 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#33 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

I also support the new Mew form being a playable character, I just hope he's a top character unlike Mewtwo in Melee.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#34 Kimtastic

Kimtastic

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Kimtastic-ii
  • Fandom:
    Sailor Moon, Nintendo, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'll probably get bombarded by this but I honestly don't care. I'd really appreciate it if Princess Daisy would at least, if not a character, become an assist trophy in the new SSB. She's been in enough party games to prove a point. Far more than Waluigi who I detest.

And I would not mind having a character from Animal Crossing as well.

Hello. I am Walrus. Please refrain from stepping on my tail or I will ram my tusks down your throat. Have a pleasant day, sir.

(:3=

#35 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Idealy

- Megaman
- Bayonetta (replacing Snake)
- Heihachi
- Tails, Knuckles, OR Robotnik...oh sorry we have to say "eggman" now <_<
- Prof Layton ... beating yo ass like a sir!

I second megaman!

I don't want to see anyone leave. I was really sad when they took out Roy, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and even Pichu. I want all of them back in one way or another (extra costume, dlc, anything!) I don't want to see any Brawl characters leave (especially Snake). Why would you take away from the roster?

Anyway, I don't have too many ideas on who they should add first party wise besides Shulk, Little Mac, Magnus, Takamaru, and the Sin amd Punishment Assist Trophy character (Saki?). For third party, I still want Sonic and Snake, but they should put in Lloyd (Namco), Rayman (Ubisoft), Ryu Huyabusa (Team Ninja), and Amaterasu (Capcom).

Also, I'm going to try and do the impossible and avoid as much news about this game as possible. The E3 2013 footage will be it.

With regard to third party characters, you'd need said third party permission.

But I don't want Sonic to be out!

Latest Castlevania game didnt make an appearance on the Wii U, so I highly doubt it...

I don't think Snake has ever had a Wii game, yet he appeared ...

Edited by MorbidGod, 13 May 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#36 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

The 2 third party characters I want are Pac-Man & Rayman. If anything, the # of third party characters should max out at 2 imo.

Edited by LK9T9, 14 May 2013 - 10:56 AM.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#37 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

The 2 third party characters I want are Pac-Man & Rayman. If anything, the # of third party characters should be kept to a minimum of 2 imo.

Agreed. If it was anymore (which I doubt Sakurai would do anyway), it would just be too much in my opinion.  Rayman could definitely happen, and actually so could Pac-Man, but I don't want him to be a character. I'm not sure if I see him being anything more than an assist trophy or some other NPC appearance. 

#38 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'd rather have Blaziken in SSB4 rather than a new-gen pokemon, since Blaziken seems like a character that SHOULD be in a fighting game.

YES! man that'd be awesome. Personally i think it's time to retire jigglypuff.

Realistically, there should be 1 pokemon from each generation

Pikachu 

Scizor

Blaziken

gallade

zoroark

#39 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

id expect a tales game character, simply because namco brandai is codevelping SSB4. my votes kratos though. 5 pokemon, sonic returning, and 1-2 other 3rd party characters. i hope they dont have the reapeat characters to much. fox/falco and falcon/ganondorf were fine. but not much more than that. 

#40 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Also, if they could make a legitimate moveset for Sora, I would like/love/orgasm if Sora was added into SSB4.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!