Photo

Why are people still ripping on the Wii U even after the X demo?

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#21 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

My low end PC can run Skyrim on low settings. I don't think that's saying much, when the PS360 have had more demanding games.

Don't focus on what is in front of you focus on everything happening around and behind it. That requires power.

#22 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

...I'm not hating on the Wii U but I can pretty much say that it's not going to be anywhere near as powerful as the next consoles from Sony and Microsoft, and that's fine as power
isn't the reason I bought a Wii U.

The fact that people are getting so defensive over people stating the fact that no Wii U game has shown the console to be a huge leap into next-gen performance wise is confusing me, did you buy the Wii U, a console with a controller which has a touch screen on it for $300 expecting it to be some huge graphical leap?

I bought a Wii U for the controller and the exclusives, any third party support is just a bonus to me.

Edited by WoIf, 08 April 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#23 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Define 'next gen'.. watch dogs?

That's 'next gen looking'.. There is not going to be a huge graphical leap next generaton.. games will become slowly better looking over the course of 6/7 years.

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

yeah i will say deep down(if it represent real time gameplay) is very impressive. nothing else i saw impressed me. yeah i had a chance to watch the watchdog demo a couple more times and its not impressive to me. just give me great artstyle and native 720 60fps like Zelda HD demo and im good for Wii U.

also yeah X wasnt on the level of anything we saw running on ps4. it did look REALLY good as others have mentioned for an open world game that probably was alpha stage footage we saw. like im so curious to see what this console will be able to pull off. Nintendo has a chance to knock socks off come E3... the question is will they???

#25 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

X doesn't look by any means next gen, it needs decent tessellation effects and better enemy models for it to look anything near next gen. However the sheer size of the game may indicate that the gameplay will be next gen allowing a much larger world to explore than any open world RPG of its kind, maybe even matching the exploration of early PS4 open world games by keeping visuals to current gen standards

#26 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Haven't you heard? It's "hip" or "cool" to hate on Nintendo. It, like, proves your status in the gamer community, or something.

thats ridiculous grow up maybe they are complaining about because the wii u isnt wat they want in a console people arnt hating on nintendo because its cool or hip but because it was a major dissapointment in there eyes. i dnt hate on nintendo but i question there hardware choices. its 2013 i want something powerful. powerful enough to garuntee the next gen multiplats . i dnt think the wii u is strong enough to get them.

#27 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

thats ridiculous grow up maybe they are complaining about because the wii u isnt wat they want in a console people arnt hating on nintendo because its cool or hip but because it was a major dissapointment in there eyes. i dnt hate on nintendo but i question there hardware choices. its 2013 i want something powerful. powerful enough to garuntee the next gen multiplats . i dnt think the wii u is strong enough to get them.

Something tells me the sarcasm of what I said flew over your head and a few mountain ranges. I have no idea what it told me that, but I have a feeling.

Also, I stand by Nintendo's power practices. Look at how many companies we lost last year due to not being able to keep up with costs of current-gen games. If Nintendo's systems are strong, but not absolute powerhouses, I'm fine with that. It's cheaper on the developers' side of things. 

Not to mention, if the Wii wasn't as underpowered as it was...we probably never would have seen Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edited by GameCollector, 09 April 2013 - 05:59 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#28 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

...I'm not hating on the Wii U but I can pretty much say that it's not going to be anywhere near as powerful as the next consoles from Sony and Microsoft, and that's fine as power
isn't the reason I bought a Wii U.

The fact that people are getting so defensive over people stating the fact that no Wii U game has shown the console to be a huge leap into next-gen performance wise is confusing me, did you buy the Wii U, a console with a controller which has a touch screen on it for $300 expecting it to be some huge graphical leap?

I bought a Wii U for the controller and the exclusives, any third party support is just a bonus to me.

Thank You! Someone that actually understands, People don't come to nintendo for "Next gen graphics" or "amazing looking games" they come to nintendo just for their first/second party games and unique play style, when has anyone went "am gonna buy that nintendo console for its graphics" No ONE!!!! people still don't understand that, how???

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#29 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Thank You! Someone that actually understands, People don't come to nintendo for "Next gen graphics" or "amazing looking games" they come to nintendo just for their first/second party games and unique play style, when has anyone went "am gonna buy that nintendo console for its graphics" No ONE!!!! people still don't understand that, how???

I think it's great Nintendo have a loyal install base, but they need to attract graphics whores too. That way they attract and solidify more people, more profit and bigger budgets for future games and a larger install base for future Nintendo consoles. New blood is what is needed for every next gen console.

Personally I love Nintendo's first and second IPs (some more than others admittedly) but I do see business wise how they sometimes shy away from certain genres or making a game photorealistic and next gen (which I'm confident with engine's tailored to their hardware and with CryEngine 3 etc they can achieve).

X does look like an amazing solid game, while visually it's current gen, it's high end current gen and looks huge. Plus it has Mechs that transform into motorbike things at a touch of a button that alone sells me the game and the system

Edited by Penguin101, 09 April 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#30 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

I don't understand the obsession Nintendo "fanboys" (I say this to distinguish between the crazy over the top fans from the normal rational ones) have with comparing everything Nintendo does to everything else. I keep hearing people talking about "definitive" versions, will the Nintendo have better graphics than the ps4, blah blah blah. Also this victim mentality is pathetic. People don't hate on Nintendo just because it's Nintendo. They just don't like the games that Nintendo has. it's not some conspiracy to ruin Nintendo. If you're happy with the games on the Wii U, then be happy! If you also like some of the games on the PS4, get a PS4! It's not that complicated.

I remember growing up in Canada, a lot of Canadians were always hating on the Americans (I suppose everyone likes to). When I finally met some Americans, guess what, they were decent people. They didn't really think anything about Canada. It was just a big country up north. Nintendo seems like this to me. Lots of Nintendo fans always hating on other consoles and thinking everyone hates them, but guess what? If you go to the other console forums, they're not talking about Nintendo. They don't hate Nintendo, they just don't want to own one. AND THAT'S OK!! ^^

#31 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Why are these assholes like pachter still calling the Wii U weak didn't that trailer for monolith soft's new game prove that the Wii U can match PS4 graphics?

Because it is weak compared to the PS4 and in no way can it match it for graphics. The "X" demo certainly doesn't prove that as it just proves the Wii U is a bit better then the PS3 and 360.

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Why are people still ripping on the Wii U even after the X demo?

Because haters gonna hate?......................

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Because it is weak compared to the PS4 and in no way can it match it for graphics. The "X" demo certainly doesn't prove that as it just proves the Wii U is a bit better then the PS3 and 360.

It can match it for graphics, low the benefits of more RAM and a stronger GPU will come clear later in the gen, the PS4 won't be doing anything in game initially that will look like a huge leap over last gen either.  Higher resolution textures, better draw distance, better frame rate, tessellation, and more AA, still gonna look pretty much the same when viewed from 6-10 feet away.  The same rendering techniques are available on both GPU's, but the PS4 will show that it can do more when developers can afford to actually use the extra space.

#34 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Am I the only one who wasn't blown away at the Killzone demo? That was the best looking game that was shown off and I was only impressed with the draw distance. Everything else looked "good", but not "mind-blowing". It still looked great, but I think the Wii U can compete with that.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#35 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Am I the only one who wasn't blown away at the Killzone demo? That was the best looking game that was shown off and I was only impressed with the draw distance. Everything else looked "good", but not "mind-blowing". It still looked great, but I think the Wii U can compete with that.

I wasn't blown away, at first glance it is impressive, but the Killzone games always have been, even today they hold up graphically.  It wasn't a leap by any stretch of the imagination, it was a fairly well done demo, nothing more.  I personally don't like Killzone games because the gameplay is terrible, IMO, but it helped to hype the system.

Drive club and Deep Down were target renders, neither showing anything being live rendered, and they were careful not to claim as such.  Deep Down isn't even really a game, just a video to show off Phanta Rhei.  I doubt it will ever materialize as a game, but if it does, it will not be on the same level as the tech demo.  Still, PS4 will impress, but it won't impress people who expect way too much from it, given the hardware included.

On the other hand, Klank looked rather interesting, almost a LEGO style game, but with a unique character and story.

But everyone saying X didn't look next gen need to look again, there is no way PS360 could pull off a world to that scale with that level of detail, without some serious sacrifices.  It isn't a huge leap from current gen, but it is a move forward.

#36 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Of course Wii U could, but Nintendo aren't showing off what it could do at the moment. Sure X shows great draw distances, but again Nintendo almost seemed ashamed at showing off visually what it can do to compete with the competition. Sure it wont be able to handle as much, but it can still look pretty darn good

It's already proven itself to be about the gameplay, and it's proven to be super awesome, and for me although graphics don't matter, I feel business wise it'd be smart to show off a Killzoneesque Nintendo IP which shows off its next gen visual abilities

Edited by Penguin101, 09 April 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#37 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

The X demo showed a really cool looking game in its alpha, or possibly beta stages.

There were more than a few items there that appeared to be in design discussion.

The game will look better than the demo by a good amount.  I also have yet to see truly great footage of said demo.

But one thing about this game is that it is a true open world game.  Much like Skyrim. And Skyrim had some serious issues with performance.

The X demo didn't "wow" anyone with its graphics.  It did look really cool though, while very clearly doing many things the PS360 can not.

PS4 KZ graphics beat it handily, eve though that's not an apples to apples comparo due to the difference between true open world and "stages."

The "X" screens look better than some of the Ps4 games shown, but some of the PS4 games also destroy the current version of "X" graphically.

That said, sony simply pays attention to showing their games in the best light, sometimes resorting to false advertising and sometimes simply choosing the most impressive screens, stages, angles, etc., whereas Nintendo is somehow ok with showing compressed footage of the worst screens, videos, stages, angles, etc. of their games.

Nintendo should have sent out 4K screenshots of target renders too... nah! I'll take the real thing, thanks.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 09 April 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#38 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Dude forget Patcher. Just about every one of his predictions has had the opposite outcome. That guy is a joke and I don't know why anyone even pays attention to him.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#39 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I could care less about power. Heck i have fun playing old school GBA games over some games with the best graphics. I care more about fun and if Nintendo can deliver well I'm be a happy little Naoto

Jontron.jpg

#40 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Project C.A.R.S is coming to the Wii U. That is tye game that will show the first steps of the Wii U in next gen graphics.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!