• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Now, let's see if Nintendo can give us a steady stream of VC releases on a weekly basis instead of throwing out a few bones here and there. They need to stay consistent this time.

Yeah. I saw a video on their channel showing some more games than this, I was hoping we'd get more launch titles. Based on the video though we'll eventually get Kirby Super Star, Kirby Dream Course, and Kirby's Dreamland 3. We also have to remember the 30 cent promotion titles too.

#22 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well, here's the official launch line-up for the Virtual Console:

NES:

Punch-Out!!
Balloon Fight
Kirby's Adventure
DK JR
Ice climber
Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World
F-ZERO

http://www.gonintend...story&id=200992

SMW is mine, the rest not so much.

Edited by SDDMN, 23 April 2013 - 01:17 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#23 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Well, here's the official launch line-up for the Virtual Console:

http://www.gonintend...story&id=200992

SMW is mine, the rest not so much.

I beat you to it. I already posted the list on the last page. But whatever no biggie. I'll only be getting SMW as well, until the next game Super Metroid for 30 cents.

#24 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I beat you to it. I already posted the list on the last page. But whatever no biggie. I'll only be getting SMW as well, until the next game Super Metroid for 30 cents.

You may have beaten me this time, but I'll be back! :P

Edited by SDDMN, 23 April 2013 - 01:20 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#25 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Yeah. I saw a video on their channel showing some more games than this, I was hoping we'd get more launch titles. Based on the video though we'll eventually get Kirby Super Star, Kirby Dream Course, and Kirby's Dreamland 3. We also have to remember the 30 cent promotion titles too.

Super Metroid.......on the gamepad...........it's.......almost........here!! :)

I really hope Nintendo is much more aggressive with the VC this time around. There are so many games we didn't get on the Wii VC. If Nintendo could get ALL of their back catalog onto the VC along with a huge variety of third-party games, they'd have the ultimate collection of digital titles. It would be a goldmine for them! I know the likelihood of that happening is pretty much zero, but there is so much potential there. A one-stop place for all your Nintendo needs.

Posted Image

#26 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Super Metroid.......on the gamepad...........it's.......almost........here!! :)

I really hope Nintendo is much more aggressive with the VC this time around. There are so many games we didn't get on the Wii VC. If Nintendo could get ALL of their back catalog onto the VC along with a huge variety of third-party games, they'd have the ultimate collection of digital titles. It would be a goldmine for them! I know the likelihood of that happening is pretty much zero, but there is so much potential there. A one-stop place for all your Nintendo needs.

God ikr? I LOVE Super Metroid.

Yeah, I wish they'd put Starfox and Yoshi's Island on the VC. I heard they didn't due to the games using is FX 2 chip. I don't know how true that is, but I'd really like to play both on my Wii U. I'm also looking forward to some Sega Gen, N64, and GBA titles. So much potential!

#27 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

God ikr? I LOVE Super Metroid.

Yeah, I wish they'd put Starfox and Yoshi's Island on the VC. I heard they didn't due to the games using is FX 2 chip. I don't know how true that is, but I'd really like to play both on my Wii U. I'm also looking forward to some Sega Gen, N64, and GBA titles. So much potential!

Hmmm... I don't know if the FX 2 has anything to do with those titles being absent or not. I refuse to believe they can't do it at all. Maybe some extra coding and tweaking is required for those games?

Posted Image

#28 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hmmm... I don't know if the FX 2 has anything to do with those titles being absent or not. I refuse to believe they can't do it at all. Maybe some extra coding and tweaking is required for those games?

I don't know anything about hardware. Like, nothing at all lol. But from what I read, the Wii wasn't able to properly emulate games that used the FX 2 chip. The FX chip was a pretty revolutionary thing back when the SNES was out. It allowed for games to do things like have large sprites on the screen (Yoshi's Island) and helped render polygons (Star Fox). Anyway, so idk if we can get Earthbound, hopefully we can get Star Fox and Yoshi's Island.

#29 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

I don't know anything about hardware. Like, nothing at all lol. But from what I read, the Wii wasn't able to properly emulate games that used the FX 2 chip. The FX chip was a pretty revolutionary thing back when the SNES was out. It allowed for games to do things like have large sprites on the screen (Yoshi's Island) and helped render polygons (Star Fox). Anyway, so idk if we can get Earthbound, hopefully we can get Star Fox and Yoshi's Island.

I hope so too. It would be a shame for these two particular titles to completely miss the VC boat.

Posted Image

#30 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I hope so too. It would be a shame for these two particular titles to completely miss the VC boat.

Yeah especially since they missed it the first time. Let's hope for the best!

#31 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Launch titles have been announced.

NES

Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong Jr.
Excite Bike
Ice Climber
Kirby’s Adventure
Punch-Out!!

SNES

Super Mario World
F-Zero

http://nintendoevery...-launch-lineup/

I seriously hope we get more VC games on the Wii U. This is a decent line-up but we need more VC games that will not only allow people to play classic title, but also help boost Wii U sales as well. Which is why i suggest that Nintendo should put some GC VC titles in the mix.

#32 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

I seriously hope we get more VC games on the Wii U. This is a decent line-up but we need more VC games that will not only allow people to play classic title, but also help boost Wii U sales as well. Which is why i suggest that Nintendo should put some GC VC titles in the mix.

I don't know if we'll ever get GC games, but we're at least getting GBA games which we didn't get on the Wii. As time goes on we'll get more games, just be patient.

#33 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Meh, only care about Super Mario World. I remember the original Wii's VC having the Genesis and TurboGrafx, and it'd be cool to have those again if only to play on the GamePad. Plus I really want Nintendo to announc GameCube games on the VC. And if Sega is on board, include the Saturn (if possible) and Dream Cast games.

Edited by magiciandude, 24 April 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#34 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm hoping they pay more attention to the N64 games. We only got a real small amount on the Wii Shop channel. I was disapointed.

Signature_DK.png

#35 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I'm hoping they pay more attention to the N64 games. We only got a real small amount on the Wii Shop channel. I was disapointed.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. It was so underwhelming, These were the only games that came out on the N64 VC list. Of course, the N64 lacked good third-party support and Rare sold to Microsoft hampered the lineup as well. :\

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#36 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. It was so underwhelming, These were the only games that came out on the N64 VC list. Of course, the N64 lacked good third-party support and Rare sold to Microsoft hampered the lineup as well. :\

There are still plenty of games they could add.

Signature_DK.png

#37 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

This is a pretty poor lineup imo. Quite a few are the sort of games you play for like 30 minutes and then get bored and play something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!