• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

A lot of people claim it to be the best 2D Zelda games that's ever been created. And perhaps to be one of the greatest games of all time next to OoT. But I want to know, what makes the game good? is it the story and the dungeons, ect? please fill me in on why i's so great.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Nothing it sucks.

(Prepares for hate)

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

The huge overworld, the cool items you can find in the game, the number of dungeons in the game, and the difficulty. The story is pretty minimum though.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

A lot of people claim it to be the best 2D Zelda games that's ever been created. And perhaps to be one of the greatest games of all time next to OoT. But I want to know, what makes the game good? is it the story and the dungeons, ect? please fill me in on why i's so great.

If you played the original Zelda in the NES back then you'll understand alot from A Link to the Past. The switch between dark realm, the speed shoes that were really helpful traveling, everything about the game was great. You should play the handheld Zeldas or the sequel that is coming out Holiday 2013 and see what I mean.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

rose tinted glasses i'd of thought same with old ff games.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#6 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

I don't want to say that people are wearing rose colored glasses, but that is part of it. Games when we were kids have a special place in our memories. They are even more important when they were the first of a series. If you compare them to games these days, it's not like they have better gameplay or characters or story. I think it's the same reason you look at the top movies of all time, almost all of the top 20 are like from before 1950. People give more credit to things that pioneered a genre.

As for A LLTP? gameplay was great, story was lame (no character development, it was just a filler between gameplay segments) I really liked the graphics, but I'd say my favorite was the atmosphere. The weather, design of the buildings and wilderness, was just so fun. I spent a lot of time just exploring.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

The plot isn't a convoluted mess of plotholes?

It's just a good game with good gameplay, and introduced zelda.

I like 2d zeldos but quite dislike 3d zeldos.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Nothing it sucks.

(Prepares for hate)

Please tell me thats satire....

Signature_DK.png

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Second best game ever made.
No sig.

#10 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Please tell me thats satire.

Sort of.

The story was okay, the world okay, everything about it was just... OK. 

But that's just me, I've never really been into 2D LoZ besides Minish cap and Link's Awakening...

#11 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

It's an amazing game. I also can't help but laugh a little at people who are complaining about things like lack of character development. What were you expecting? Hollywood styled cutscenes like games of today? That's ridiculous. Even old school RPGs that were big in to text and character dialogue rarely had 'character development'. 

If you want to know what's so good about the game, then it's simple. The first Zelda created the game's formula, but Link to the Past perfected it. Even OoT, which many consider to be the best game ever made, is based highly on Link to the Past. Some people call it nostalgia, and I highly disagree. This game does things that even games today struggle with, and it did so with 16 bit graphics and gameplay. Now look, you can go on the internet and find people who have written essays on the merits of this game.

pNgecl.gif

#12 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

A Link to the Past is basically the base from which all Zelda games are made from. Nintendo experimented with 2 but with A Link to the Past they had no doubt that this was the formula perfected. A Link to the Past is Zelda at its purest form, no gimmicks, cut-scenes, timelines and such. I'll be honest though. I don't very much like the 2D Zelda games as the first ones I played were the 3D ones. I do however respect and understand why a lot of people like them and why they were successful

It seems what I have said has already been said though. I was actually here quite a few times trying to word it the best I could but apparently I was too late. still going to post though, it took me forever to try to word it nicely.

Posted Image

#13 Kimtastic

Kimtastic

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Kimtastic-ii
  • Fandom:
    Sailor Moon, Nintendo, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Honestly, I liked The Minish Cap a lot more more than A Link To The Past. ALTTP wasn't bad though. The story was pretty cliche, but I loved the difficulty the most. The world felt endless at some points and I just enjoyed the overall exploration. I'm going to just say that OoT is just as bland with the storyline, if not worse. (Majora's Mask is better, to me.) But A Link to the Past is still one of the GOOD Zeldas out there.

Hello. I am Walrus. Please refrain from stepping on my tail or I will ram my tusks down your throat. Have a pleasant day, sir.

(:3=

#14 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

I prefer 2D Zelda to 3D any day. A Link to the Past was great in all areas besides the story, imo.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Its probably because of the massive leap in game design nintendo made from the nes to the snes eras. The only event in history to come close to matching that leap was when nintendo went 3d.

Since then, practically nothing has changed, weve just added more and more decorations, on top of the same old cake.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

LTTP is a classic LOZ game and seeing a spiritual successor would be an interesting entry to the series.

Signature_DK.png

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

LTTP is a classic LOZ game and seeing a spiritual successor would be an interesting entry to the series.

What about a direct successor, Like, link to the past 2?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

What about a direct successor, Like, link to the past 2?

That's probably more fitting.

Signature_DK.png

#19 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Personally, i think the first Zelda is the best one. When you end the game and start again, all dungeons are diferente and in other locations. How cool was that?

I just finished LTTP last month or so and i really enjoyed. Definitely, one of the best Zeldas out there - at least, from the ones i played.
It`s not that this or that part are that good, it`s in the overall experience that it shines.

#20 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

All of the reasons posted above, plus it has an amazing soundtrack. It really is the perfect Zelda game. It is my second favorite Zelda game behind OoT, and in front of Skyward Sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!