That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

http://m.ign.com/art...n-ratings-board

Konami will be releasing the best collection ever. It will have Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 HD (with Snake Tales and VR Missions), Metal Gear Solid 3 HD (with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake), Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD (with online co-op and versus), Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Edition, and the two Digital Graphic Novels. The only game left out is Portable Ops. Basically, I need a PS3 now, even though I already have the HD Collection on Xbox 360.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Whilst the Metal Gear Solid is a great franchise calling it the best collection ever is debateable. It certainly isn't in my opinion.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Whilst the Metal Gear Solid is a great franchise calling it the best collection ever is debateable. It certainly isn't in my opinion.

The only collections I can think that might be better are the God of War Collection (all 5 God of War games in HD with Trophy Support and 3D), and the Star Wars: Best of PC Collection (Kights of the Old Republic, Star Wars Battlefront, Jedi Knight 2, Republic Commando, and Empire at War. However, it is a matter of opinion, but judging by content amount, MGS takes it for me.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Wow, and here i almost bought the HD collecton collectors edition, damn it Kojima make up your mind!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Wish it was on Wii U. I'd totally buy it. I don't have a ps3.

#6 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Based Kojima please bring this to Wii U

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

AWESOME!! I was just about to start the series up on the GameCube, now I only have to buy 1 game! :DDD

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Based Kojima please bring this to Wii U

That sadly can't happen for the same reason why Twin Snakes won't come to other systems: Sony owns the rights to MGS4 due to an exclusivity deal between Sony and Konami. It would also require remaking the engine used for the game. I wish it happened though.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#9 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Think MGS4 remaining PS3 exclusive has more to do with the engine being specifically made for the Cell processor than any kind of exclusivity deal. If anything, Wii U would get everything but MGS4, and maybe Rising. That would be a bit of a stretch, though. I'm just holding out for a Wii U release of MGSV.

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Think MGS4 remaining PS3 exclusive has more to do with the engine being specifically made for the Cell processor than any kind of exclusivity deal. If anything, Wii U would get everything but MGS4, and maybe Rising. That would be a bit of a stretch, though. I'm just holding out for a Wii U release of MGSV.

Rising isn't even part of the collection, and 4 is vital because it is the conclusion. MGSV on Wii U is a must though.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

No Vita?!?!? Not cool.

Signature_DK.png

#12 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Rising isn't even part of the collection, and 4 is vital because it is the conclusion. MGSV on Wii U is a must though.

I realize Rising isn't a part of the collection. I'm saying Wii U would get a different collection with Rising to make up for the lack of MGS4. Perhaps MGS4 could be ported over to the FOX engine for a multiplatform release?

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I realize Rising isn't a part of the collection. I'm saying Wii U would get a different collection with Rising to make up for the lack of MGS4. Perhaps MGS4 could be ported over to the FOX engine for a multiplatform release?

Oh ok. I misunderstood you: I thought you meant we would get everything except 4 and Rising, and not that we may get Rising instead.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#14 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Finally, Kojima gives me the respect I deserve.

mmmm hmmmm

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Finally, Kojima gives me the respect I deserve.

mmmm hmmmm

This is good, isn't it?

KtOSpy7.jpg

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

I need this for Wii U, I NEED THIS FOR WII U, damnit Kojima...............

#17 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Why the F not include Portable Ops -.- I want to get into this series but as a lore junkie I NEED all the games... if they would release Portable Ops for the psn I would buy this and Portable for ps3; and Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes for ps4 unless it all got released for Wii U but like that is going to happen. Mabye  Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes will come to the wii u but I still need Portable :(

Edited by Xef, 23 April 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Why the F not include Portable Ops -.- I want to get into this series but as a lore junkie I NEED all the games... if they would release Portable Ops for the psn I would buy this and Portable for ps3; and Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes for ps4 unless it all got released for Wii U but like that is going to happen. Mabye Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes will come to the wii u but I still need Portable :(

Kojima apparently hated Portable Ops, it's even not listed as canon in some sources (although the same sources also don't list the MSX games as canon and are wrong: Portable Ops is fairly important as it shows how Big Boss obtains the Philosopher's Legacy to start MSF and eventually Outer Heaven). MGSV is coming to PS3 and no word for a PS4 release.
  • Xef likes this

KtOSpy7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!