Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

In a statement given today by Microsoft hardware engineer Eric Pedersen, he explains the rigorous testing and design changes that were made in order to ensure the new Xbox will have a failure rate of less than 20 percent.

The following is the statement given to press by Microsoft:

Hello, my name is Eric Pedersen and I am the Senior Hardware Engineer at Microsoft. Today, I would like to talk about the design flaws behind the Xbox 360 that led to the “Red Ring of Death” error, the testing that was overlooked, and the changes we are making moving forward to ensure a successful product launch and a failure rate of less than 20 percent for the new Xbox.

We first looked at the design flaws in the Xbox 360 to see what we could do to ensure a low failure rate. Many consumers found that they could temporarily solve problems by leaving the console in a refrigerator for a few minutes. With this information, we learned that more cooling was needed for the system which is why we have added more holes in the casing for the new Xbox. Furthermore, we also recommend having cold packs on hand. One smart tester even used the cold sodas he was drinking and put those on top of the system.

Another flaw in the Xbox 360 was the lack of rigorous testing to ensure the longevity of the system. We used three different consoles for three individual tests to make sure it could withstand what consumers would put it through:

For the first test, we used the console 20 minutes every day for two months.
For the second test, we turned the console on and off 15 times in a row.
For the last test, we left the system on for five hours straight.

All three consoles still worked after each of their tests. Currently, Microsoft has not discussed how the internet will be integrated into the new Xbox; however, if a situation arises where consumers will need to always leave the console on, our third test ensured that there will be no problems whatsoever.

Lastly, we found the term “Red Ring of Death” to reflect badly on Microsoft as it was similar to the “Blue Screen of Death” error on computers. Now, when the new Xbox experiences an error, instead of a cryptic ring of lights explaining the problem, the system will instead produce an image of a sad face with an error number. This adds personality to the system so people can feel safe with the new Xbox.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope you purchase the new Xbox when it comes out.

Microsoft has also added that, due to a lawsuit, each new Xbox will come with instructions on how to use a fire extinguisher.

http://www.p4rgaming...0-failure-rate/

Hopefully this is accurate, launch 360s were a pain the ass. I believe I went through 2 or 3, can't really recall. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Now confirm there is no always online crap and you got yourselves a customer Microsoft.

Signature_DK.png

#3 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

How about 0%? Let's try that for once!

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

How about 0%? Let's try that for once!

That would be next to impossible. I don't think that's ever happened with any system.

Edited by Alex Apathy, 22 April 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Be careful what you say Microsoft.....Or this will happen.......

animation3aijv5.gif

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Did you know 73.7% of statistics are made up on the spot?

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

http://www.p4rgaming...0-failure-rate/

Hopefully this is accurate, launch 360s were a pain the ass. I believe I went through 2 or 3, can't really recall. 

This is satire...

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

Somehow I don't belive this............

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

...20% that is your goal. you are practicly admiting the 720 will get RROD or similar issues on the spot. you dont even go out to say it wont have DRM, also suggesting good chance of DRM.

eather this is made up, or microsoft is stupid.

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

tboss, on 23 Apr 2013 - 6:41 PM, said:...20% that is your goal. you are practicly admiting the 720 will get RROD or similar issues on the spot. you dont even go out to say it wont have DRM, also suggesting good chance of DRM.
eather this is made up, or microsoft is stupid.
Atleast they are being realistic. They also said less than 20%.

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

just read it more thourghly, sounds alot more like satire, unless microsoft normaly sound like satire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!