Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=201119

#2 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

There is going to be a Nintendo Presentation at E3, but just smaller events with not a large focus

#3 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

more accurate thread title: "no really big stage presentation directed toward international audience and including financial information targeted to investors"

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Simply put, I am disappoint.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

:( thats disappointing. that means No Information On Mario 3D U, Mario Kart U, Wind Waker HD, Zelda U, or any other software/games for 3DS and Wii U. 

#6 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

Ah crap, I was expecting something over-the-top like this. D':

Edited by Etkar, 25 April 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Wasn't it last year that nintendo said to step back from really big presentations and focus in smaller presentations direct in contact with the fans. So, Direct was born. It is not strange that they do it like this. But I expect many, many Directs during, before and after E3.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#8 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Ah crap, I was expecting something over-the-top like this. D':

That was epic. 

#9 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

:( thats disappointing. that means No Information On Mario 3D U, Mario Kart U, Wind Waker HD, Zelda U, or any other software/games for 3DS and Wii U. 

Maybe you should read what his actual statement was?

Instead of one presentation that covers everything they will have closed presentations for the media and shareholders,

and a few smaller ones focusing fully on all the software.

This is, in my opinion, a lot better.

They need to show the world games and that's exactly what they're going to do.

#10 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

There is going to be a Nintendo Presentation at E3, but just smaller events with not a large focus

more accurate thread title: "no really big stage presentation directed toward international audience and including financial information targeted to investors"

Maybe you should read what his actual statement was?

Instead of one presentation that covers everything they will have closed presentations for the media and shareholders,

and a few smaller ones focusing fully on all the software.

All of you are correct. Sorry for putting a stupid title for the thread. Anyway, what do you think are the pros and cons of doing it like this? I kind of like these big staged things with a big audience and so on, but I can see the benefits of doing it like this.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Seems to me like they are going to use E3 to speak specifically to the US audience, which should be great for anyone outside of Japan, because other than skewed release dates EU and AU get what we get.

#12 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

I can’t understand this. E3 is about shouting from the rooftops not whispering behind closed doors. Why even bother going if you’re gonna do that? i mean the PS4 and 720 are gonna be the focus this year no matter what, but especially with the Wii U struggling, people may see this as Nintendo giving up. I'm not sure what Nintendo is thinking these days.

I think Iwata has lost the plot and can’t help but think they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

Having said that they may have been forced to do this after showing off many games in their January Nintendo Direct for Wii U and last weeks ND for 3DS – they simply might not have enough new content to show off that warrants a big E3 presentation, 

Edited by Blade of Dyna, 25 April 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

I can’t understand this. E3 is about shouting from the rooftops not whispering behind closed doors. Why even bother going if you’re gonna do that? i mean the PS4 and 720 are gonna be the focus this year no matter what, but especially with the Wii U struggling, people may see this as Nintendo giving up. I'm not sure what Nintendo is thinking these days.

I think Iwata has lost the plot and can’t help but think they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

Having said that they may have been forced to do this after showing off many games in their January Nintendo Direct for Wii U and last weeks ND for 3DS – they simply might not have enough new content to show off that warrants a big E3 presentation, 

Think about what the hour long presentation is usually focused on.  Most of the time much of that hour is spent with market statistics, very little of it is spent on games.  They are taking the investor relations stuff, putting that in a different meeting with investors, they are taking the distribution related stuff, and talking about it with distributors.  Then they are taking the software announcements, and splitting them up to make separate pitches, one to fans, and one to non fans (or several to each, i dunno).  This means that all of the information they present to us will be about games, not statistics, and not stuff we care little about (but will learn about anyway through news aggregates and leaks) but glorious games.

#14 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

Think about what the hour long presentation is usually focused on.  Most of the time much of that hour is spent with market statistics, very little of it is spent on games.  They are taking the investor relations stuff, putting that in a different meeting with investors, they are taking the distribution related stuff, and talking about it with distributors.  Then they are taking the software announcements, and splitting them up to make separate pitches, one to fans, and one to non fans (or several to each, i dunno).  This means that all of the information they present to us will be about games, not statistics, and not stuff we care little about (but will learn about anyway through news aggregates and leaks) but glorious games.

Oh god you just took everything I wanted to say... and said it. I want to give you a gold star.

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

All of you are correct. Sorry for putting a stupid title for the thread. Anyway, what do you think are the pros and cons of doing it like this? I kind of like these big staged things with a big audience and so on, but I can see the benefits of doing it like this.

I think having many events is good, as long as the events are aired. For instance, having a Mario Event, where they show Mario Kart and Mario 3D. A Zelda event, where they show new Zelda title for 3DS and the Wind Waker HD and end with a sneak peak at Zelda U. And then a Retro Studios event where they show there TWO titles. Okay, maybe that's my dream with that last one.

And don't forget, when they work with third party developers, those games can be showed at said developer E3. Nintendo doesn't need to show it off.

However, I believe they are trying to find the best way to show off the Wii U Tablet Controller. E3 2012 didn't do well and Nintendo thinks they have failed at demoing it so far. So they are probably trying to find the best way to show off there vision, and E3 is not that venue.

http://www.ign.com/a...d5e81ed1f00004b

Here is another link for news.

Nintendo isn't giving up. And remember, there was a day that E3 was about showing only to the media. I think, if Iwata made any mistake, it's announcing this without announcing their plans to replace it. Nintendo Direct isn't the only way to replace it. He said we will do other ways of giving info, like we do with Nintendo Direct. I take that meaning Nintendo has something else in mind but they haven't decided exactly what that is. Or they have multiple options and have not chosen the best path yet.

And I don't think this is a bad idea. As long as they show the games at E3 and have a plan to show us directly what they are planning. I believe it could potentially be better than E3.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

This for me is disappointing that nintendo is not going to do a hugh presentation at E3 :(. It make them look that they giving up but I know they are not. I just pray that Nintendo show something great in the next E3 or everything they work for is down in the drain.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

This for me is disappointing that nintendo is not going to do a hugh presentation at E3 :(. It make them look that they giving up but I know they are not. I just pray that Nintendo show something great in the next E3 or everything they work for is down in the drain.

Read my post and others. I don't think you will miss the old Nintendo E3.

Edited by MorbidGod, 25 April 2013 - 07:12 AM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#18 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

I don't know if you've noticed, but E3 has been quickly been losing its relevance. Console announcements were usually saved for huge E3 conferences. Microsoft and Sony announced their new consoles before E3. Are you saying Microsoft and Sony are in trouble as well? I think announcing things beforehand is a great thing. Waiting until June every year to hear what each company is doing sounds pretty silly. I like this new format. Oh, and please read the article properly next time. They said that they will be holding smaller events, showcasing content we actually care for.

#19 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

This will make them look silly compared to Microsoft and Sony.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

western parrots allready doom the whole company.... read Yahoo about it http://finance.yahoo...-130035733.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!