#1 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Just asking.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#2 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

I think so, but he's never online.

#3 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

He only posted 3 times. Also, I would like to say MLdragomaster is a guide, but I haven't seen a single welcoming post from him.
Posted Image

#4 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

No David isn't a mod, he is an administrator.

#6 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

David and Feld0 co-own this site. Well David just teamed up with Feld0 to make sure this stays the biggest Wii U forum. That's why he's a mod, but it doesn't mean he has to do anything.

#7 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

David and Feld0 co-own this site. Well David just teamed up with Feld0 to make sure this stays the biggest Wii U forum. That's why he's a mod, but it doesn't mean he has to do anything.

I hope you meant administrator. The only true moderator is AMAC. The administrators are Feld0 and David.

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

Nope, David is an admin.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#9 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

David is not a mod, nor has he ever been. He's an Administrator.
Posted Image

#10 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

K great. Stop with the spam; I think we get he's an admin.

Nah

#11 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

K great. Stop with the spam; I think we get he's an admin.

Yes. Just to repeat: HE IS AN ADMIN!

Don't get confused now, people ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

Allow me to take a moment to explain David's role in the management of this forum, because there appears to be some confusion.

I am the sole owner of this site. All of its data resides on my own server, and I am the legally registered owner of it and its domain. David does not partake in any actual administration or moderation around here - that's entirely up to me and the mods I choose - but what he does do for this site is something absolutely crucial that I, sadly, am in no position to do on my own (tell me, honestly, how many of you knew about me before the "big merge"?).

David's incredible social reach is a priceless luxury that I simply don't have, and as a friend of mine, he is doing us a huge favour by spreading the word about this community like only he can. Although he is not an active member of the community, he is a key reason for its success, so his being an admin is more of a symbolic way of expressing his importance to us. Without him, there is a certain other site I will not name that I am almost sure would have overtaken and crushed us, if in no part because its domain name created a lot of confusion among all the 3DS Forums folk.

Adding a link here to 3DS Forums is actually something that neither of us thought to do. I'm not sure how much of a purpose there is to it, since 90% of you are migrants from there and the rest of you are no doubt aware of its existence. At this point, it's very important to keep the look and feel of this forum as focused on the Wii U as possible - adding a link to 3DS Forums would be almost equivalent to splitting the General Gaming section in two, which dilutes activity and generally isn't a good idea for new forums - but I'll talk to David about it and see what he thinks. I just don't think there's much in it for 3DS Forums, but it may potentially do a little damage to Wii U Forums.

Now, I also don't want to make any promises, but David and I have thrown around a few thoughts for working together in a closer fashion that would help each of us focus on our strengths. It's far more complicated than that, of course, but we do have a few cool ideas for the future. Stay tuned, especially once the Wii U's release date approaches.

#13 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

Thank you for the explaination. One more thing. If guides don't do there work, they won't be guides any more, right? Well, MLdragomaster is a guide, but he is not doing his duty as a guide. AKA, he's not welcoming people.
Posted Image

#14 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

True, before the big merge, I had no idea you even existed.
Posted Image

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Allow me to take a moment to explain David's role in the management of this forum, because there appears to be some confusion.

I am the sole owner of this site. All of its data resides on my own server, and I am the legally registered owner of it and its domain. David does not partake in any actual administration or moderation around here - that's entirely up to me and the mods I choose - but what he does do for this site is something absolutely crucial that I, sadly, am in no position to do on my own (tell me, honestly, how many of you knew about me before the "big merge"?).

David's incredible social reach is a priceless luxury that I simply don't have, and as a friend of mine, he is doing us a huge favour by spreading the word about this community like only he can. Although he is not an active member of the community, he is a key reason for its success, so his being an admin is more of a symbolic way of expressing his importance to us. Without him, there is a certain other site I will not name that I am almost sure would have overtaken and crushed us, if in no part because its domain name created a lot of confusion among all the 3DS Forums folk.

Adding a link here to 3DS Forums is actually something that neither of us thought to do. I'm not sure how much of a purpose there is to it, since 90% of you are migrants from there and the rest of you are no doubt aware of its existence. At this point, it's very important to keep the look and feel of this forum as focused on the Wii U as possible - adding a link to 3DS Forums would be almost equivalent to splitting the General Gaming section in two, which dilutes activity and generally isn't a good idea for new forums - but I'll talk to David about it and see what he thinks. I just don't think there's much in it for 3DS Forums, but it may potentially do a little damage to Wii U Forums.

Now, I also don't want to make any promises, but David and I have thrown around a few thoughts for working together in a closer fashion that would help each of us focus on our strengths. It's far more complicated than that, of course, but we do have a few cool ideas for the future. Stay tuned, especially once the Wii U's release date approaches.

I've known you since January. ;)

#16 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

I knew about you since the nintendo3ds.co.uk forums. I was there only for a short while though as it didn't appeal to me, and the site was mainly for people in Europe back then. (Where I'm not in the moment, but I am born there.)

#17 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

Kay.

Yep, I was talking about Feld0.
Posted Image

#18 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Well, what about ML's guide case?
Posted Image

#19 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

Why don't you talk about that over PM with Feld0 or make a thread for it as this thread isn't for that...

#20 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

Why don't you talk about that over PM with Feld0 or make a thread for it as this thread isn't for that...

I'll look into that. I recall seeing him welcoming new people earlier. Really, though, Brian's right. This isn't the thread for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!