• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Platinum rogue

Platinum rogue

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

This topic is why did you buy the wii u.
The reason I'm saying this is that I would like to talk about why I bought my wiiu.
I have bought a lot of Nintendo products over the years. But this time I didn't get this 1 at launch.
My reason was that the price they put it at. Did not think it was worth the money.
I got mine as a late birthday present and if it wasnt for eurogamer, Saying about hmv and £199 premium I wouldn't of got it, I no I said it was a late bday present, so it cost me nothing, but I wouldn't let anyone pay £349 for me.
Now that I have 1 with 2 games Zombiu and super mario. I am content to wait for the games to come out this xmas and the next.
As I also have an xbox and will prob wait till the xmas after to get 1 of the 2 next gen xbox/ps4.
So when these come out all of the new Nintendo games will start to come out and ill be buying them. So the main reason was it was an investment patiently waiting for all the Nintendo goodness to come my way as other people dip into the next gen consoles, then realising that there is no big game for about 1-2 years. Also this gen consoles have been very powerful unlike xbox/ps2. So there will not be much of a difference at the begining.
So why did you buy Yours???
P.s sorry if you think this is a tad long.

Oh and A side note I will not be buying Rayman legends, awesome game as it is.
Ubisoft will learn the hard way. Hitting them in the pocket and not in mine.
Thinking of making a topic about this!

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

I will buy rayman legends, just not at launch, its kinda down low on my list of games i want

also i bought it because i knew it was going to have great games later down the line, nintendo already said they wasn't lowering the price of the wii u so i bought it, not knowing that the shops themselves would lower the price. Been a nintendo fan all my life, tried the Ps3 for 2 years and got bored of it. only game i miss from that platform is Little Big Planet, while over at nintendo there are alot of games i want to play. so there isn't really anything for me on the other consoles.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I have always liked Nintendo, I have had every system since the Original NES except a couple gameboys and the 3DS, I even had the Virtual Boy. One of the reason I was interested was the gamepad and how that was gonna work with different games. So far I am very pleased just can't wait for more games.

#4 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Cause 'Mario

#5 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

For Scribblenauts which hasn't even come out yet.

#6 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Because Mario and all the games that were coming out. :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#7 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Nintendo exclusives.

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

People are too butt hurt on rayman legends and are missing out on a good game.

I pretty much bought it for miiverse, mario and pikmin 3, Also pretty much for the exclusives.

794144.png?13383682

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Nintendo exclusives.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

People are too butt hurt on rayman legends and are missing out on a good game.

Or standing up for something they believe in, the only way companies in this sector can understand, by not buying their games.

you keep saying petitions do nothing, lawsuits do nothing, does not buying their products do anything? How about we see.

I bought it for Nintendo's games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Easy. ZombiU, Lego City, Pikman 3, Retro, Zelda. Oh. And SSBU.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Nintendo exclusives.

Nintendo exclusives.

That's my primary reason too. I've always been a multiplatform gamer and will continue to be one. Owning one console you always end up on missing a lot of great games.

#13 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Because I only game on Nintendo? 

Also to get the great exclusives coming out such as Xenoblade II, Pikmin 3, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

#14 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Got mine for Monster Hunter and 1st party and some 3rd party.......Well, got 2 out of three ^^

#15 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Nintendo's looking to get a lot of third party exclusives. So far they scored Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 with Platinum, I think this is just the beginning. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, I think Nintendo is going to fund and publish more third party games to get locked on Wii U exclusive. 

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Nintendo's looking to get a lot of third party exclusives. So far they scored Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 with Platinum, I think this is just the beginning. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, I think Nintendo is going to fund and publish more third party games to get locked on Wii U exclusive.

I very much doubt Nintendo will secure as many third party exclusives as Sony or Microsoft. Besides both Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 are niche titles and hardly system sellers which is what Nintendo needs. Nintendo have never been very aggressive when it comes to securing either exclusive or multiplatform third party titles especially AAA titles and that is one of the problems.

#17 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

i love Nintendo games, i love mario, zelda, starfox, donkey kong, pikmin, super smash bros, metroid sega. ive 3ds, 3ds xl, wii and ive wii u, to keep my Nintendo collection growing

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

I abandoned Nintendo when they came out with the Wii, I thought it was a stupid idea, although it had a few shining stars, I went with Xbox 360 instead, I got fed up with the 360's lack of exclusives and thier terrible business practices, so I sold it, I the n realised that Nintendo was where my home was I had owned all of their consoles even the redesigns exept the Wii, the Wii U looked apealling and fun so I pre ordered one and boy was I right, soon after I got a 3DS XL too, I love Nintendo, they have all my fave games so....... I'm happy with my purchase and no one will tell me otherwise :D

#19 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Nintendo exclusives, duh.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#20 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Bought mine for the exclusives of course and for the consoles specs. Knowing it was more powerful than 360/PS3 along with the uniqe GamePad made it a no brainer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!