Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

CUZ ITZ AWEZOMEZ!!

Actually a good read. I won't hide it, I bought the Wii U because I'm a fanboy of Nintendo.
Posted Image

#23 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Bought the Wii U because I have always bought the consoles Nintendo has released, ever since the N64. Nintendo "fanboy" for life.

#24 xZero

xZero

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:EternalZeroX

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Mostly the exclusives third party support doesn't seem too strong YET but with time hopefully :3

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I very much doubt Nintendo will secure as many third party exclusives as Sony or Microsoft. Besides both Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 are niche titles and hardly system sellers which is what Nintendo needs. Nintendo have never been very aggressive when it comes to securing either exclusive or multiplatform third party titles especially AAA titles and that is one of the problems.

Although it could have been implied, he never said that Nintendo would have more than Microsoft and Sony.

And we'll see what Nintendo does next.

I abandoned Nintendo when they came out with the Wii, I thought it was a stupid idea, although it had a few shining stars, I went with Xbox 360 instead, I got fed up with the 360's lack of exclusives and thier terrible business practices, so I sold it, I the n realised that Nintendo was where my home was I had owned all of their consoles even the redesigns exept the Wii, the Wii U looked apealling and fun so I pre ordered one and boy was I right, soon after I got a 3DS XL too, I love Nintendo, they have all my fave games so....... I'm happy with my purchase and no one will tell me otherwise :D

Welcome back home then lol ^_^
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#26 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

interested in the concept but when graingergames has a sale with a game for basic unit for £220 i bought it

#27 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

I was initially going to wait to get mine but i got a 0% interest offer over 12 months so thought why the hell not, i had wanted to play ZombiU anyway and when i saw Rayman and Scribblenauts were due out in February i thought it was a wise investment at the time, in hindsight as much as i love my WiiU now thanks to Monster Hunter and Sonic Racing i will never buy a console at launch again because i've got better things to do than wait for games to come out!

I i'm pretty sure it will start hitting it's stride now especially as the update has fixed a fair few issues all we need now is that first big Ninty title to tempt the masses, lets face it the gamepad is the best idea ever and i was sceptical about it at first, playing games on that is fantastic and its the perfect size for me as i find i get hand cramps on the 3DS as its a tad small for me.

#28 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I was initially going to wait to get mine but i got a 0% interest offer over 12 months so thought why the hell not, i had wanted to play ZombiU anyway and when i saw Rayman and Scribblenauts were due out in February i thought it was a wise investment at the time, in hindsight as much as i love my WiiU now thanks to Monster Hunter and Sonic Racing i will never buy a console at launch again because i've got better things to do than wait for games to come out!

I i'm pretty sure it will start hitting it's stride now especially as the update has fixed a fair few issues all we need now is that first big Ninty title to tempt the masses, lets face it the gamepad is the best idea ever and i was sceptical about it at first, playing games on that is fantastic and its the perfect size for me as i find i get hand cramps on the 3DS as its a tad small for me.

I can totally understand that point, it just doesn't bother me because I have little time for games. Once I'm done with school though, I'll have more time then ^_^
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#29 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

I got mine because I LOVE playing video games on any system. I currently have a Wii U, a Wii and PS3 with a DS and 3DS.
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#30 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Because I wanted to play some games.

#31 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

The Off-screen play was a big factor. I had a Wii but wanted to trade it in while it was still worth something and wanted to experience owning a console from the day of release. I've not regretted it all. Being able to play VC games off screen has been great. 

The slow pace off new games hasn't bothered me as I had a few Wii games left to complete as well enjoying some of the exclusive and ported titles. I don't own any other consoles so ported titles having already been out didn't effect me, just a chance to check out what the fuss was all about. 

It reminds me of gaming on the Megadrive as a kid when I unable to afford new games, it's been nice to really get into a game rather than constantly half completing titles.   

#32 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

to keep the my nintendo going plus i got in HMV in on launch date and saves myself €50 on launch date, i got my wii u for €330 while other places selling the wiiu for €380, i cant wait for wind waker and super smash bros 4

#33 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I bought it because the disk drive on my Wii was dying, and it was the easiest way to keep my stuff. I sold my Xbox 360 to pay for it, as i found I barely used it.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#34 Platinum rogue

Platinum rogue

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Great seeing all these Posts. Some basic, some in depth.
As Nintendo fans, we appreciate what Nintendo try and do.
This is why I asked WHY DID U BUY A WII U.
Keep the posts coming.

#35 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

I bought the wii u because about a year or two ago I got into Pikmin and I heard Pikmin 3 was coming out in August.  I also have other reasons too, like I missed many Mario, Metroid and Zelda titles in the past and wanted to play Nintendo games again.

#36 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Because Ace Attorney HD

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#37 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

I bought it because it seemed pretty cool, and I always only buy Nintendo systems. The way the gamepad worked, and all the new possiblities. And ofcourse for all the Nintendo games, which are always the best usually.

Stupid Snowmads!

#38 Skeletor

Skeletor

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • NNID:OG-Diablo
  • Fandom:
    kirby,Zelda,Pokemon,Donkey Kong :D

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Uncle bought it for me :D

Skeletor:"...fool, you are no longer my equal, I am more than man, more than life..I am GOD!"

Add me on WII U:OG-Diablo Twitter:@Explect  Yotutube.com/aawplays  Skype:Explect

Xbox: I OG Diablo I

kirby_signature2.png

#39 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Pretty simple.  I wanted the Nintendo 1st party titles such as Zelda, Mario, etc...  Anything 3rd party that does come along would be great, but not necessary.  I think between the new Zeldas, 3D Marios, SSB, and Mario Kart, my needs should be taken care of.

#40 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

For the Nintendo games. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!