11 replies to this topic

#1 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

I wonder what they'll do about putting handheld games (and the smaller resolution that goes with it) on the big screen? I'm going to assume for now they'll have some sort of border (like a 16:9 version of the Game Boy Player's), but I cannot be truly sure. And speaking of Game Boy Player, what about games like M&L Superstar Saga that had rumble features on the add-on? Thoughts, comments, and speculations outright encouraged! 

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

This is a general assumption, but I think they'll just stretch it sort of how DS game's are stretched on the 3DS XL.  

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH POKEMONS EMERALDS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

They need a 3DS player.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hopefully the games won't end up all blurry like they are on the 3DS and like NES games are on the wii u

794144.png?13383682

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Maybe they will spend the time working with them so when they release, they have a higher resolution so they don't look blurry. Kind of like Banjo Kazooie and Tooie on Xbox love arcade. Screw Microsoft :(

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

I don't really mind what they look like, as long as it's good enough.

Bring the noise.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

They will probably touch it up a bit so they don't look low-res, but not pixelated either: sort of if the game is being played on an emulator. (which it technically is)

But I really don't care what they look like: I can get Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Fire Emblem, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Mario vs Donkey Kong, and they might finally have a virtual console version of Yoshi's Island.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 02 May 2013 - 03:38 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

The good news is that since the GBA was 16:9 and the Wii U is 16:9, there probably won't have to be borders like there was with the GameCube player. I think.

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

The good news is that since the GBA was 16:9 and the Wii U is 16:9, there probably won't have to be borders like there was with the GameCube player. I think.

The Aspect Ratio was technically 3:2, but they really shouldn't have a problem with it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm sure Nintendo will be able to make the resolution on GBA games look good on WiiU,

but given their past track record with Virtual Console I just don't see them putting more than 30 gba games on there if that

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'm sure Nintendo will be able to make the resolution on GBA games look good on WiiU,
but given their past track record with Virtual Console I just don't see them putting more than 30 gba games on there if that

I'd be happy with 30. Given that a lot of GBA games, not all, were pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!