#41 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Technically there ia AO, but no console manufacturer wants those games on their system.

lol yea that's why I did not include it!
Posted Image

#42 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

But then why are they asking for a kickstarter? That would mean Nintendo hasn't chosen yet to publish it themselves.

I'm no insider, however there was a rumor ED2 was in the works and Nintendo didn't like the progress. Then they canned it.

It's entirely possible this new developer liked it and thought they could make it better. Or disagreed all together.

Or Nintendo could be judging the excitement of fans before they choose to publish it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#43 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm no insider, however there was a rumor ED2 was in the works and Nintendo didn't like the progress. Then they canned it.

It's entirely possible this new developer liked it and thought they could make it better. Or disagreed all together.

Or Nintendo could be judging the excitement of fans before they choose to publish it.

Oh I see. Then Nintendo is caring for its reputation. They shouldnt be afraid tho, the game looks boss.
Posted Image

#44 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

http://m.neogaf.com/...ad.php?t=477741

Here is one source. I originally heard it on IGN. But hard to find that on my phone lol.

Oh I see. Then Nintendo is caring for its reputation. They shouldnt be afraid tho, the game looks boss.

I will buy the game. But the graphics look sort of flat, but so did ED originally so I guess it's just the style they are going for.

But it does look good.

I mean, I can see why you would say a Mario or Zelda game is a system seller, but why this?

*looks around* ummmm ... *hits my head* Have you played the first game?

#45 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Doesn't interest me at all, Even though i already own a wii u, If i didn't this would not make me want to buy one either. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#46 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Doesn't interest me at all, Even though i already own a wii u, If i didn't this would not make me want to buy one either.

I'm curious, did you either play and didn't like ED or never played it?

#47 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

*looks around* ummmm ... *hits my head* Have you played the first game?

No, which is why I am asking why a game I have never heard of, and is now being crowd-funded on Kickstarter or wherever, will suddenly be a system seller, when more popular titles are out there.

#48 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

No, which is why I am asking why a game I have never heard of, and is now being crowd-funded on Kickstarter or wherever, will suddenly be a system seller, when more popular titles are out there.

Play the game, then come back and tell me it isn't worth a newer version.

I understand your question, and that it is indeed serious. Problem is, truth be told, is if Eternal Darkness wasn't on the GCN it would have been a huge seller. But because it was on GCN, it didn't hit off.

However, like Pitch Black, this game has a massive cult following and people will want to play it.

Case in point, the internet is all ready excited.

It's on kickstarter because of politics probably. Hopefully Nintendo will publish it, because Nintendo will help make sure this game is as good as it should be.

Edited by MorbidGod, 04 May 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#49 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

I will buy the game. But the graphics look sort of flat, but so did ED originally so I guess it's just the style they are going for.

But it does look good.

Yes indeed I think it's the style they're going for as well. 

Posted Image

#50 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Saw this on Neogaf and borrowed it, this has a budget of $1.5m, so if this is the future of Wiiu games then bring it on.

http://www.ign.com/v....teaser-trailer

That lava scene really had some good lighting. The detail on the character cloths and faces also speaks for a much higher polygon throughput than PS360.

Quote:
20130504112543greenshot.png20130504113542greenshot.png
20130504113608greenshot.png20130504113830greenshot.png
20130504114501greenshot.png20130504115117greenshot.png

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#51 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

well they are suppose to reveal it fully with gameplay on monday so that will give us a better idea. me personally i havent seen really any game as of late that has me excited visually.

#52 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

Look at the trailer, it pretty much is ED2, and based on what they've said about the kickstarter campaign so far it will play just like ED, This project was ED2 before they left SK.

I can't speak to whether it would be a system seller, as I think anything that comes as a console exclusive has the potential to be a system seller but only time can really tell.

I wasn't trying to imply it wasn't like Eternal Darkness just that it isn't a direct sequel but a spiritual successor. Eternal Darkness has a cult following but its not a game like another Zelda, Metroid or even Starfox where it would actually make a significant impact on hardware sales.

Play the game, then come back and tell me it isn't worth a newer version.
I understand your question, and that it is indeed serious. Problem is, truth be told, is if Eternal Darkness wasn't on the GCN it would have been a huge seller. But because it was on GCN, it didn't hit off.
However, like Pitch Black, this game has a massive cult following and people will want to play it.
Case in point, the internet is all ready excited.
It's on kickstarter because of politics probably. Hopefully Nintendo will publish it, because Nintendo will help make sure this game is as good as it should be.

Exactly it has a cult following. Its not a game that has a major following and as a result is going to have a significant impact on hardware sales. Yes a lot of sites are reporting on it but that's their job. It doesn't mean that this game is the second coming for the Wii U. Its not another Metroid, Zelda or Mario.

#53 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

I think it looks fantastic. I hope they show some Wii U gameplay soon.

Posted Image

#54 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Can't see it selling consoles. original didn't sell that well.

http://www.vgchartz....anitys-requiem/

obviously it didn't help being a gamecube game but sometimes great games don't sell well. Sometimes you buy a game and its rubbish and sometimes you overlook a game and buy it at a cheap price and find its brilliant. A good publisher isn't interested in great games he's interested in making games that will sell so he stays in business. Hence FIFA, COD etc.

It's a horrible thing to say and I feel ashamed writing it but Nintendo need  to focus on games that sell which doesn't always mean sequels to brilliant games.

#55 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

The project has nothing to do with the wii u currently though does it? This is done on a PC i believe.

#56 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Looks awsome. I hope it does come to wii u

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#57 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

As for this being pc??? from what i read this is Wiiu stills and gameplay unless it's a cover up jobbie.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#58 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

I wasn't trying to imply it wasn't like Eternal Darkness just that it isn't a direct sequel but a spiritual successor. Eternal Darkness has a cult following but its not a game like another Zelda, Metroid or even Starfox where it would actually make a significant impact on hardware sales.

Exactly it has a cult following. Its not a game that has a major following and as a result is going to have a significant impact on hardware sales. Yes a lot of sites are reporting on it but that's their job. It doesn't mean that this game is the second coming for the Wii U. Its not another Metroid, Zelda or Mario.

It may not have a huge impact on selling consoles, that is possible. However, I think it will have an impact for Nintendo. A positive one, assuming the game is as good or better than ED.

#59 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

$1.5 million is not a lot in the grand scheme of things especially for a current or next gen console and/or PC. Games of this type normally need far larger budgets then that so I'm not really expecting much from this game.

#60 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

The project has nothing to do with the wii u currently though does it? This is done on a PC i believe.

It's coming to a Wii U near you.

$1.5 million is not a lot in the grand scheme of things especially for a current or next gen console and/or PC. Games of this type normally need far larger budgets then that so I'm not really expecting much from this game.

1.5 million for one chapter, with a total of 12 chapters. So, unless an entire 30 - 40 hour game is a chapter, I think they mean to release this game in segments. That, if true, is genius . Of course, if the game is horrible, then it's not so smart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!