Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm considering to help out. I want my name in the credits. Lol

Is that confirmed? Not that I doubt, but I haven't seen the footage myself yet and I know someone wikl say "Wii U can't run this." So I'm just asking to be clear!

If you watch the video, all of the context controls are WiiU buttons, and IGN confirmed after the fact that it was footage from the Wii U version of the game.  Also, they made it a point that they were running the latest CryEngine, and that it was an awesome engine to use.

It does! Let`s hope more studios use it since Nintendo was giving them for free!

I hope to see more Wii U previews on multiplats in the future.  They weren't giving away CryEngine for free, but they have been giving away some dev units, and there have been lots of twitter traffic from newly minted licensed developers for the platform!

#82 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

If you watch the video, all of the context controls are WiiU buttons, and IGN confirmed after the fact that it was footage from the Wii U version of the game. Also, they made it a point that they were running the latest CryEngine, and that it was an awesome engine to use.

I hope to see more Wii U previews on multiplats in the future. They weren't giving away CryEngine for free, but they have been giving away some dev units, and there have been lots of twitter traffic from newly minted licensed developers for the platform!

I'm really pumped then. I'm almost home, then I'll see myself.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#83 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm really pumped then. I'm almost home, then I'll see myself.

Need reaction :D

#84 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Need reaction :D

OMGz. Lol I wish I could go and find the post on The Verge that said The Wii U couldn't handle this level of graphics. Well BOOM confirmed goodness on Wii U.

^_^

#85 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

OMGz. Lol I wish I could go and find the post on The Verge that said The Wii U couldn't handle this level of graphics. Well BOOM confirmed goodness on Wii U.

^_^

I hope you saw the thread about ea saying frostbite 2 ran poorly on WiiU, this just makes him look stupid

#86 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

I hope to see more Wii U previews on multiplats in the future.  They weren't giving away CryEngine for free, but they have been giving away some dev units, and there have been lots of twitter traffic from newly minted licensed developers for the platform!

Wasn´t Nintendo offering it as part of the Gameware package, one or two years ago?

#87 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

I hope you saw the thread about ea saying frostbite 2 ran poorly on WiiU, this just makes him look stupid

EA are out of my radar anyway. But I never did see that thread.

Now I have. Ridiculously hilarious.

#88 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

It probably did run poorly.  You cant run a game engine without modifications on a propriety hardware design like the Wii U. 

#89 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Can somebody post a link to the ign wii u confirmation? Im having trouble finding it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#90 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

Can somebody post a link to the ign wii u confirmation? Im having trouble finding it.

http://www.ign.com/v...of-the-eternals

Have to watch the video. There is a full interview being published today sometime.

#91 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Wasn´t Nintendo offering it as part of the Gameware package, one or two years ago?

Oh, I don't know.

Yeah they said it during the video.  And if you look at the context controls during the video you will see A,X,Y, and RS popups, in white.

It probably did run poorly.  You cant run a game engine without modifications on a propriety hardware design like the Wii U. 

We know that most developers, including EA developers like Criterion, didn't have final dev units until late last year to early this year, so even if they were running FB2 it would have been on very early hardware, and they wouldn't have had any real tools to work with.  We know that Nintendo was late to the game providing support to devs.

Running poorly based on completely unoptimized code is no reason for dismissing the platform out of hand, and we know that CryEngine3 was running, and well enough to release a game on it.  Then we see this, CryEngine3, running on the WiiU, looking gorgeous. 

#92 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Oh, I don't know.

Yeah they said it during the video.  And if you look at the context controls during the video you will see A,X,Y, and RS popups, in white.

We know that most developers, including EA developers like Criterion, didn't have final dev units until late last year to early this year, so even if they were running FB2 it would have been on very early hardware, and they wouldn't have had any real tools to work with.  We know that Nintendo was late to the game providing support to devs.

Running poorly based on completely unoptimized code is no reason for dismissing the platform out of hand, and we know that CryEngine3 was running, and well enough to release a game on it.  Then we see this, CryEngine3, running on the WiiU, looking gorgeous. 

looking gorgeous and only half a year into the Wii U's life.  :D

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#93 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

looking gorgeous and only half a year into the Wii U's life.  :D

Exactly, they can't have been working on this for very long, either.

#94 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Exactly, they can't have been working on this for very long, either.

I think they probably have been, at least at some capacity. The developer been around for a year almost.

#95 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

I think they probably have been, at least at some capacity. The developer been around for a year almost.

I seriously doubt they've had dev units for that long.  Not only that, but it relies on CryTek having the CryEngine3 engine ready for distribution for WiiU.

#96 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Oh, I don't know.

You were right. It seems that what was offered were some tools that are used with CryEngine 3 and others.

I saw it on a Wiiudaily article: http://wiiudaily.com...ers-free-tools/

#97 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

It appears a lot of folk think this is pc footage, so i'm awaiting a reply from the ign chap to clear this up (if he replies).

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#98 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

I seriously doubt they've had dev units for that long. Not only that, but it relies on CryTek having the CryEngine3 engine ready for distribution for WiiU.

It's possible they weren't making the graphics, or maybe using another engine and eventually went with CryEngine 3.

But the developer has been working on something for that long. For all we know, work started on PC, but eventually moved to Wii U once the dev kits were ready. Maybe that's why it's not an exclusive. But I highly doubt they would start business in 2012 and not work on something.

It appears a lot of folk think this is pc footage, so i'm awaiting a reply from the ign chap to clear this up (if he replies).

LOOK AT THE GAMEPLAY. It has Wii U buttons to push. How is a PC gamer going to pus the RS, or A button on the Wii U GamePad?

#99 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Its funny, because I said at one point that Deep Down looked to be in engine footage running on PC or pre-rendered, and sonydrones trolled me based on a few frames with a HUD that must have proved that it was actual in-game footage.  Yet here is footage of a game using an engine we already know runs on WiiU, with WiiU context controls during gameplay, and people can't believe it.

#100 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

It is PC footage... Politically Correct footage as we surely cannot claim the Wii U is running this... it isn't capable. LOL. 

for the record, i am being sarcastic

Edited by Sorceror12, 07 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!