TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

That part looked like the usual PS4 stuff we've seen so far, which certainly isn't bad at all, especially for a console that people keep deeming "underpowered". Some environmental textures in the castle were cool too, but especially the characters looked like your average Xbox 360 game.

Remember that this is in either alpha or beta: they will most definitely improve over time.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#122 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

That part looked like the usual PS4 stuff we've seen so far, which certainly isn't bad at all, especially for a console that people keep deeming "underpowered". Some environmental textures in the castle were cool too, but especially the characters looked like your average Xbox 360 game.

That is true, but if you remember, ED looked flat graphically, and I think that's why they look just ok.

Remember that this is in either alpha or beta: they will most definitely improve over time.

It's possible, but I remember saying the same about ED and it didn't happen.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#123 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Maybe, and exactly.

BIG maybe but whatever I could care less. I'll get the game I want and play them. It's not worth much time debating. We will be there for the end result..... If there is an end result.

#124 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

BIG maybe but whatever I could care less. I'll get the game I want and play them. It's not worth much time debating. We will be there for the end result..... If there is an end result.

I think we can all respect that.

#125 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm thinking the 9 min video is Wii U, and the "demo" is something different.  

well it doesn't matter, it shows the WiiU's graphics, that is what i was getting at.

#126 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

well it doesn't matter, it shows the WiiU's graphics, that is what i was getting at.

It does.  Regardless where it is running, this is what the game will look like, as the developers themselves have said.

#127 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

It does.  Regardless where it is running, this is what the game will look like, as the developers themselves have said.

no it doesn't matter, the WiiU version as shown in the 9 min video looks very good, but the PC with it's more powerful hardware may be optimised to run better & with extra graphical elements, the issue we are discussing is the graphical appearance of the game.

I am a member of the Order of the Unseen & i have access to the exclusive developer forums of Shadow of the Eternals, i will have a look for info on the graphics but from what i understand the engine the CryENGINE 3 is what is being used, i would think that the first episode will look the same as the current demo & video, maybe more optimised on the PC depending on the players system as there are no PC recommended specs yet, i would also think that as the episoeds progress the graphics may improve slightly as the programmers understand the capabilities of the WiiU hardware & how the engine runs on it. 

#128 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

When is the game supposed to come out again?

That is true, but if you remember, ED looked flat graphically, and I think that's why they look just ok.

It's possible, but I remember saying the same about ED and it didn't happen.

I never played the original. Part of it is just the artstyle most likely, but it could use some more polygons.

No sig.

#129 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

When is the game supposed to come out again?

I actually don't know. They are releasing this game in 12 episodes with eavh one lasting about 2-3 hours.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#130 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

I actually don't know. They are releasing this game in 12 episodes with eavh one lasting about 2-3 hours.

2014 I think
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#131 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Huh that's weird. Download-only then I suppose, or will all parts later be released on one disc?

No sig.

#132 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

It seems like the funding-campaign is failing quite harshly

Hopefully Nintendo will pick it up and release it as a retail Eternal Darkness 2.

#133 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

Huh that's weird. Download-only then I suppose, or will all parts later be released on one disc?

I'm pretty sure this is digital only. Maybe all of them can be released in a bundle, but each part is only a few hours long, so it makes sense to be digital in this case.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#134 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

All I can say is tesselation, very sharp textures and models, lovely lighting, fire and lava effects, and that's in alpha stages.....

Gameplay though is yet to be judged, I hope Nintendo buy the game and fund it themselves and rename it Eternal Darkness: Shadow of the Eternals

#135 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Interesting that old art from SK had been purchased by Precursor and applied to this game.

While that means great things as far as dev costs, it also means that either character models or textures (depending on which art they are referring to - the sculpting or the painting-if not both) will not be true "next gen" in appearance.

Instead it will probably look like a marginally better than 360 high end game.

Which is just fine.

But this certainly isn't to be used as an example of wii u graphical prowess.

#136 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Interesting that old art from SK had been purchased by Precursor and applied to this game.

While that means great things as far as dev costs, it also means that either character models or textures (depending on which art they are referring to - the sculpting or the painting-if not both) will not be true "next gen" in appearance.

Instead it will probably look like a marginally better than 360 high end game.

Which is just fine.

But this certainly isn't to be used as an example of wii u graphical prowess.

We have Retro's engine to wait for for that.

#137 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

We have Retro's engine to wait for for that.

Amen.

Although cryengine 3 is certainly capable of FAR better graphics than what it's used for in SotE.

It would have been nice to see what Crysis 3 looked like on Wii U.

I guessing pretty sweet.

But you know... That one company... Yeah. The one that just posted sad fiscal losses. Lol

The wii u is capable of FAR more than has been shown thus far.

Merely pointing out that SotE, while a fun looking game, isn't representative of Wii U graphics capabilities. More the bottom rung of its ability. Like the 360 running Perfect Dark.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 10 May 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#138 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Amen.

Although cryengine 3 is certainly capable of FAR better graphics than what it's used for in SotE.

It would have been nice to see what Crysis 3 looked like on Wii U.

I guessing pretty sweet.

But you know... That one company... Yeah. The one that just posted sad fiscal losses. Lol

The wii u is capable of FAR more than has been shown thus far.

Merely pointing out that SotE, while a fun looking game, isn't representative of Wii U graphics capabilities. More the bottom rung of its ability. Like the 360 running Perfect Dark.

Right, strong engine, using years old assets.

#139 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

there are only 26 days left but only 9% has been funded, this needs much more support !

:(

#140 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

http://www.precursor...woftheeternals/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users