Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#22 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

POPULAR

We are a month away from Retro Studios making these guys look rediculous.  The Cry Engine 3 runs well on the Wii U, Unreal 3 runs well on the Wii U, and if EA was actually going to support the Wii U, they would make the optimizations to the engine for Wii U. 

You dont hear Nintendo bashing EA, because they are professionals.  EA is full of a bunch of crybabies.  If there was one publisher that I would be willing to give up for the rest of my life, it would be EA.  I cant wait to be playing NFL 2k14 next year on Wii U.  Now that the EA NFL monopoly is coming to an end, we should actually see some progress in football games. 

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

I want to see them fall flat and have to sale all of their IP's like THQ.would make my day.

#24 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

POPULAR

https://mobile.twitt...19393208320?p=v

Lol I tweeted a response.

How rude of you. Don't you know it's wrong to make EA seem stupid? /sarcasm

Posted Image

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

I want to see them fall flat and have to sale all of their IP's like THQ.would make my day.

I think Iwata wants to see that too. Makes sense why he said "We want to make anyone choosing not to support the Wii U regret that choice" or something along those lines.

Basically, giving them a certain gesture with the hand if you catch my drift.

How rude of you. Don't you know it's wrong to make EA seem stupid? /sarcasm

Oh, man. I am sorry. Did I hurt EA's feeling? Going to call me not next Gen? :'(

lol jk ^_^

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

POPULAR

I responded as well.  Basically I consider this less of an indictment of what the WiiU is capable of, but an indictment of the talent of their engineers.

#27 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I responded as well. Basically I consider this less of an indictment of what the WiiU is capable of, but an indictment of the talent of their engineers.

^_^

#28 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I responded as well.  Basically I consider this less of an indictment of what the WiiU is capable of, but an indictment of the talent of their engineers.

I consider this an indictment that EA is butthurt.

Posted Image

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

I consider this an indictment that EA is butthurt.

I was being less literal.  But this is a given.  I was using it as a "gotcha" moment.  He basically said that CryTek, EPIC, and Unity have better engines and engineers by implying that though all those other engines work great, FrostByte does not.

#30 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I was being less literal.  But this is a given.  I was using it as a "gotcha" moment.  He basically said that CryTek, EPIC, and Unity have better engines and engineers by implying that though all those other engines work great, FrostByte does not.

AHAHAHAHA how smart of you to point that out!

Posted Image

#31 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Unity is not really in the same league as other development software mentioned and can be used for ios, android, web based games etc. It would be a sad state of affairs if wii u couldn't run it.

arstechnica had an article about this;

http://arstechnica.c...n-on-the-wii-u/

Does it matter if the wii u cpu is weak though, I never thought the wii u would get competitive versions of major fps games I bought it for Nintendo games. The wii u is a huge and massive improvement on the original wii technically and many great games were available for wii. I was annoyed at how low the wii u spec is especially for the price it retailed at but then you realise it really doesn't matter. There is zero evidence to support the view the wii u cpu isn't weak but the gpu is slightly stronger and theres more memory, plus the gamepad which has huge potential for improved gameplay. Clearly the ps4 and xbox 720 will be capable of games with better graphics and more sophisticated game worlds. Nintendo never claimed the wii u  was powerful and there so called specification omitted any real technical  info. It just seems people on this forum are still fighting a battle that has already been lost. Most people know the wii u performance is weak, you only have to see the wii u running to realise that and that is probably a significant part of the weak hardware sales. As games arrive like Mario kart etc and the cost of the console itself is reduced I'm sure the wii u will sell in huge numbers.

#32 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

POPULAR

Unity is not really in the same league as other development software mentioned and can be used for ios, android, web based games etc. It would be a sad state of affairs if wii u couldn't run it.

arstechnica had an article about this;

http://arstechnica.c...n-on-the-wii-u/

Does it matter if the wii u cpu is weak though, I never thought the wii u would get competitive versions of major fps games I bought it for Nintendo games. The wii u is a huge and massive improvement on the original wii technically and many great games were available for wii. I was annoyed at how low the wii u spec is especially for the price it retailed at but then you realise it really doesn't matter. There is zero evidence to support the view the wii u cpu isn't weak but the gpu is slightly stronger and theres more memory, plus the gamepad which has huge potential for improved gameplay. Clearly the ps4 and xbox 720 will be capable of games with better graphics and more sophisticated game worlds. Nintendo never claimed the wii u  was powerful and there so called specification omitted any real technical  info. It just seems people on this forum are still fighting a battle that has already been lost. Most people know the wii u performance is weak, you only have to see the wii u running to realise that and that is probably a significant part of the weak hardware sales. As games arrive like Mario kart etc and the cost of the console itself is reduced I'm sure the wii u will sell in huge numbers.

The problem with the entire premise is that the WiiU CPU is still stronger (in terms of instruction execution) than both PS3 and 360, and actually, per core, stronger than Jaguar.  Yet they are releasing FrostBite3 on 360 and PS3.  It isn't a case of the system can't run it, its a case of EA didn't want them to continue development based on their weak business partnership with Nintendo.  That is all.

They can optimize the engine to run on GPU or CPU, especially considering the WiiU has a GPGPU, but they won't.  They are using the "it can't run it" argument to try and sway people away from the platform, like they are using Madden.  They are weapons in the development arena.  This was all prophesied somewhere, I can't remember the source, but they said to expect MS, Sony, and one or two publishers to try to convince people that Wii U can't run modern engines.

Stating categorically that "people know the Wii U performance is weak" is a weak argument, there is no such consensus anywhere, only EA developers and EA themselves are saying such things, and we know the reason for it.  The system isn't the most powerful system by far, but it is not "weak" in comparison either. "All you have to do is play it and you know" is laughable, because one of the launch titles, NintendoLand, does things that are simply not possible on current gen consoles, like OIT, for instance, and things that weren't feasible on current gen hardware, like tessellation.

If you really think that either the PS4 or 720 will be so much more capable as to enable them to create "more sophisticated gameworlds" you'll be sadly mistaken.  Also, stating that "there is zero evidence to suggest the Wii U CPU isn't weak" takes the cake as the most ridiculous statement in the entire post.  There is loads of information from IBM themselves that give an idea of what the CPU is capable of, yet you routinely dismiss it as three Wii CPU's duct taped together.  There are also statements from developers absolutely flabbergasted with what they were able to do with such low TDP and low clock.  Ample evidence has been presented to you time and time again yet you dismiss it out of hand because you are unable to comprehend anything beyond your own prejudgement of the hardware without any real knowledge behind computing hardware in general.

#33 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I responded as well. Basically I consider this less of an indictment of what the WiiU is capable of, but an indictment of the talent of their engineers.

Adam?

#34 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Adam?

??

#35 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I hate EA with a passion. They need to be brought down!

Let's start a revolution. YAAAR.

I'll give the new CEO a chance though.
Posted Image

#36 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Let's start a revolution. YAAAR.
I'll give the new CEO a chance though.

im considering starting a boycott. I haven't bought EA since KOA reckoning. They are coming very close to being a monopoly.. It's times like these I wish teddy Roosevelt was still around. TRUST BUSTERS!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#37 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

??

My bad, are you Adam?

#38 Ambidextrous

Ambidextrous

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Seriously desert punk is there anyway u can just pee off:? I Think everyone is now aware that Wii u  is no kind of beast compared to the next Xbox or playstation offerings  but you have to come in to the forums acting a fool slapping anyone down who has an opinion on Wii u being just slightly more powerful than the ps360.... Seriously man when anyone ever questions ur logic on stuff u run off like ur backside is on fire without a reply, but when there a new post questioning the wii u capabilities u seem to jump In quicker than a hooker being offered double money for her time..... Seriously dude if everyone who is optimistic in Wii u capabilities is letdown then that's their problem no one needs a douche like you to  come in and try and spit over everything granted u have an opinion bit that's all it is an opinion so stop coming in acting like its fact cuz of some stuff u  read off of neogaf.. I'm not a fanboy of any console infact I have a ps3 and look forward to getting a ps4 but u come in here acting like you know everything about the wi u capabilities I mean Ffs can u sit there and describe what the wii u cpu or gpu is capable of by just looking at die pics off neogaf???? No u can't as the neogaf tech experts having hard time to explain die shots themselves.

Edited by Ambidextrous, 07 May 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#39 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

im considering starting a boycott. I haven't bought EA since KOA reckoning. They are coming very close to being a monopoly.. It's times like these I wish teddy Roosevelt was still around. TRUST BUSTERS!!

They sure have a monopoly for suckiness.
Posted Image

#40 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'm already boycotting EA, I really honestly hate them, had enough of thier BullSh!t excuses, they need to die, all of this crap because Nintendo said no to Origin, how pathetic, corporation's love thier p!ssing contests don't they.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!