Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

Hello everyone! =)

it's been a while, 

I have a PS Vita but i'm thinking of getting a 3DS XL, Vita is kinda dead now...

So what do u guys think ? should i get one ? if so what games should i get for it ?

Thanks =)

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Vita is kind of dead now, I agree. Do you like strategy RPGs? If so, you should try Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for PS Vita.

But anyway...

If you need a portable gaming machine, get a 3DS XL. Zelda Ocarina of Time looked good on it.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

It depends: what genres do you like? There is a wide variety, but there may be some that you specifically want that it is lacking.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Vita is kind of dead now, I agree. Do you like strategy RPGs? If so, you should try Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for PS Vita.

But anyway...

If you need a portable gaming machine, get a 3DS XL. Zelda Ocarina of Time looked good on it.

I do have it on Vita =),

and thanks! =)

It depends: what genres do you like? There is a wide variety, but there may be some that you specifically want that it is lacking.

I like, RPG's (JRPG's mostly), Platformers, puzzle, Action/Adventure, kinda everything except sports =P

Edited by Hitomi, 08 May 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#5 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

The Vita will pick up eventually, if you haven't already though, pick up Persona 4: Golden, one of the best RPGs for Vita. (Although if you do hate Atlus that much, skip it c:)

As for 3DS, go for it, it's a worthy investment, some games you might enjoy are Fire Emblem, Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina of Time, Luigi's Mansion, Mario 3D Land... there's alot of quality games, and alot of upcoming games too. o3o But in the end, it's alllll up to you, if you want it, you want it.

FmEkJ2.gif

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Heres some games, 

Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon x and Y, Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Star fox 64 3D, Ocarina of time, Fire Emblem, New super mario bros 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Resident Evil: Revelations, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity, Professor Layton series, Metal Gear Solic: Snake Eater 3D, Virtual Console games, Shovel Knight, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Lego City Undercover Prequal.

If none of these games appeal to you, then don't get the 3DS. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Get the 3DS XL. You got Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, a crap ton of amazing eShop titles, Ocarina of Time 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Pokemon X and Y, and plenty others I somehow forgot. FE:A alone is the reason to get a 3DS XL.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

3DS is currently my favorite console because of the available games and backwards compatibility with DS games.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Here's some, but most have already named all the good ones.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Star Fox 64 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, NSMB 2, LOZ OOT, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, FE: A, Donkey Kong Country 3D (coming out on May 24), Animal Crossing: New Leaf (June 9), Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, upcoming Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. There's more, but that's my top picks for now.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

3DS XL all the wayyyyyyyyyyy, Pokemon X and Y soon :D

#11 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for the replies guys! =)

The games  that i want/interested in :-

*Pokemon X and Y (this is the reason i want a 3DS XL=P )

*Mario games  ( i love those games XD  )

*Kid Icarus: Uprising (never played this series)

*Kingdom Hearts (never played the series but looks fun)

*Donkey Kong Country 3D

*Fire Emblem (never played the series before but can i start with the new one?)

Checking the rest now =)

Thank you all very much! =)

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Everything, everyone has said makes sense. The 3DS library is amazing and the handheld has a few years more ahead of it to go. Coming up in May is Donkey Kong Country 3D, in early June Animal Crossing New Leaf, the current available titles as mentioned above in previous posts are stellar. Really, you can find a solid game in every genre. 

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 May 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the replies guys! =)

The games  that i want/interested in :-

*Pokemon X and Y (this is the reason i want a 3DS XL=P )

*Mario games  ( i love those games XD  )

*Kid Icarus: Uprising (never played this series)

*Kingdom Hearts (never played the series but looks fun)

*Donkey Kong Country 3D

*Fire Emblem (never played the series before but can i start with the new one?)

Checking the rest now =)

Thank you all very much! =)

I have a 3DS, and it has become predominantly my only system. I use my Wii for netflix/youtube streaming (Although I really need to play FF6 this summer. Bought it during spring break but haven't had the chance.), and my PSP honestly barely ever sees the light of day. It's not because either of those systems don't have games I love, it's just that my 3DS keeps getting more games that I enjoy. I'm not going to try to list out all of the games for the system since everyone else has already done that and you can look them up on your own. 

As for the ones you were interested in:

Pokemon: Always a good choice. If you never bought a DS like me, then you could pick up Pokemon HG/SS for some old school pokemon fun

Mario: The two on the 3DS are pretty good. Not the best, but fun. And Mario Kart 7 is a lot of fun with some terrific tracks and a nice mix of new and old.

Kid Icarus: Eh I'm kind of so so on this one. It's definitely fun and has a crazy deep weapon creation system. But there are some things in the game I

find frustrating. Mainly the platforming sequences since the controls are just not precise enough. Luckily these are few and far between. And this game does its best to try and kill you a lot, especially the higher you go on in the difficulties. (This is where you basically need to create a super weapon to get through.)

Kingdom Hearts: This is one of my favorite series, but I'm warning you that you won't understand a damn thing. All of the games stories are closely linked together and they reference to the past a LOT. This game does have some nicely thorough text resources in game that can give you a nice summary of the past games and catch you up on what's going on, but it's not near as good. I love the game and I found this entry to be especially fun (by far the best one since KH2), but it's a hard series to break in to if you don't start from the beginning. 

Donkey Kong: No comment.

Fire Emblem: From what I've seen, this is the opposite of Kingdom Hearts. The stories don't appear to be linked in any sort of way and they're basically sequels in terms of the gameplay/combat. I know that the 3DS one has dlc for characters from previous games. But I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about playing the previous games. 

pNgecl.gif

#14 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hello everyone! =)

it's been a while, 

I have a PS Vita but i'm thinking of getting a 3DS XL, Vita is kinda dead now...

So what do u guys think ? should i get one ? if so what games should i get for it ?

Thanks =)

I would say get a 3DSXL but my only complaint about the 3DSXL is that the volume isnt as loud as the original 3DS.

The games you mentioned you wanted are quite good and I'll shall add some on that list.

Bravery Default: Flying fairy.

Etrian Odessey 4

Project X Zone

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

LoZ: A link to the past 2

Shin Megami Tensei 4

eEG8Ies.png

#15 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

I would say get a 3DSXL but my only complaint about the 3DSXL is that the volume isnt as loud as the original 3DS.

The games you mentioned you wanted are quite good and I'll shall add some on that list.

Bravery Default: Flying fairy.

Etrian Odessey 4

Project X Zone

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

LoZ: A link to the past 2

Shin Megami Tensei 4

The volume isn't a problem =)

Bravery Default: Flying fairy - is this a new series ? it looks great =)

i'll check the rest now ..

thanks for the recommendations =)

#16 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

You should definitely buy a 3dsxL, It's so worth your money.  I recommend buying the Animal Crossing 3dsxL that coming in early June. 

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#17 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

I have a 3DS, and it has become predominantly my only system. I use my Wii for netflix/youtube streaming (Although I really need to play FF6 this summer. Bought it during spring break but haven't had the chance.), and my PSP honestly barely ever sees the light of day. It's not because either of those systems don't have games I love, it's just that my 3DS keeps getting more games that I enjoy. I'm not going to try to list out all of the games for the system since everyone else has already done that and you can look them up on your own. 

As for the ones you were interested in:

Pokemon: Always a good choice. If you never bought a DS like me, then you could pick up Pokemon HG/SS for some old school pokemon fun

Mario: The two on the 3DS are pretty good. Not the best, but fun. And Mario Kart 7 is a lot of fun with some terrific tracks and a nice mix of new and old.

Kid Icarus: Eh I'm kind of so so on this one. It's definitely fun and has a crazy deep weapon creation system. But there are some things in the game I

find frustrating. Mainly the platforming sequences since the controls are just not precise enough. Luckily these are few and far between. And this game does its best to try and kill you a lot, especially the higher you go on in the difficulties. (This is where you basically need to create a super weapon to get through.)

Kingdom Hearts: This is one of my favorite series, but I'm warning you that you won't understand a damn thing. All of the games stories are closely linked together and they reference to the past a LOT. This game does have some nicely thorough text resources in game that can give you a nice summary of the past games and catch you up on what's going on, but it's not near as good. I love the game and I found this entry to be especially fun (by far the best one since KH2), but it's a hard series to break in to if you don't start from the beginning. 

Donkey Kong: No comment.

Fire Emblem: From what I've seen, this is the opposite of Kingdom Hearts. The stories don't appear to be linked in any sort of way and they're basically sequels in terms of the gameplay/combat. I know that the 3DS one has dlc for characters from previous games. But I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about playing the previous games. 

I do have a DSi XL =)

thanks for the info and recommendations =)

#18 Ml76

Ml76

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    SSB,Rpgs,Sports games

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Get Luigi Mansion and Fire Emblem Great Games Some of the best on any Systems

#19 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

I do have a DSi XL =)

thanks for the info and recommendations =)

No prob. Some games I'd say most people here overlooked are Dead or Alive Dimensions (probably the best fighting game on the system), Shinobi, the Professor Layton games, Monster Hunter, and Castlevania. 

pNgecl.gif

#20 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Get Mario Kart 7. And if you're interested in Animal Crossing, get it! Both of these games will last you a LONG time. I have like 50+ hours on Mario Kart. If you want a 3DS XL i'd recommend getting it on sale(or the Animal Crossing bundle if you like how that looks), because usually during the summer they tend to have sales.

2lvmghw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!