Photo

EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd part

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Dear EA,

The majority of your games are crap.

Sincerely, me.

We don't care as long as we're making money.
-EA

#22 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Ironically, EA themselves were the ones to prove that the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 with Most Wanted.

I find it hilarious that they say mobile is where it's at and they closed a lot of companies in their mobile division, and that they are calling gen 8 gen 4.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 17 May 2013 - 03:11 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#23 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

The EA sports engineer has been drinking the defunct Gatorade out of john maddens cooler.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#24 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Funny to see you guys get riled up over this.  I'm not a gaming connoisseur, but I know that the 360 graphically isn't better than WiiU.  I think the tablet is awesome- one works fine for me but I would imagine that it would create problems for a family with more than one kid. They should allow multiple tablets. 

Why is it funny? 

As for gamepads, it's not just a matter of "allowing" something to happen.  Resources are limited and the resources needed to use the TV and gamepad simultaneously are not insignificant.  But there are rumors that Nintendo will reveal a game or two at E3 that utilize a second gamepad.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#25 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm having fun reading all the backlash towards him on twitter: https://twitter.com/...=@BobSummerwill :D

#26 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

*To open this email please pay $2.55*
-EA

Fixed

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#27 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don`t understand the need to be personnal about this.

If people don`t like it, ok, you don`t have to like everything. No need for lashing out like this. A "i don`t like it" does the job.

#28 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I don`t understand the need to be personnal about this.

If people don`t like it, ok, you don`t have to like everything. No need for lashing out like this. A "i don`t like it" does the job.

do you see the responses in this thread? People take things they like and dislike very personally. Although, being upset about one random guys opinion about something you like is pretty silly imho. I think my little pony is the lamest thing since the old my little pony, but there's no need to be upset about my opinion.

#29 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

do you see the responses in this thread? People take things they like and dislike very personally. Although, being upset about one random guys opinion about something you like is pretty silly imho. I think my little pony is the lamest thing since the old my little pony, but there's no need to be upset about my opinion.

Gamers are a strange bunch!

It`s hard to be calm and peaceful about it!  :D

We need to set the exemple... after this one last comment! :P

#30 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ok, I shouldn't say it's funny.  People are passionate about this.and the guy that made the comment was a doosh.  But you are talking about video games.  People shouldn't take this personally. It's not life or death.

As for the gamepad- I guess that's understandable, BUT chips and memory seem to be coming down in price so fast (as would the components for making the gamepad), it seems like they could fix this rather quickly- didn't somebody mention that a newer version was coming out in 2014? It would piss off the early adopters. 

Why is it funny? 

As for gamepads, it's not just a matter of "allowing" something to happen.  Resources are limited and the resources needed to use the TV and gamepad simultaneously are not insignificant.  But there are rumors that Nintendo will reveal a game or two at E3 that utilize a second gamepad.  

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Fixed

Ohohoh lmao

#32 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Ok, I shouldn't say it's funny.  People are passionate about this.and the guy that made the comment was a doosh.  But you are talking about video games.  People shouldn't take this personally. It's not life or death.

As for the gamepad- I guess that's understandable, BUT chips and memory seem to be coming down in price so fast (as would the components for making the gamepad), it seems like they could fix this rather quickly- didn't somebody mention that a newer version was coming out in 2014? It would revel in the beautiful sunshine off the early adopters, but I think it might actually sell more.

Why is it funny? 

#33 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

We should obviously trust the statements of a guy that works for the worst company in America. Especially when that company has received that "award" for two years in a row.

#34 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

We should obviously trust the statements of a guy that works for the worst company in America. Especially when that company has received that "award" for two years in a row.

EA doesn't deserve to be the worst company in America. It was just voted that because of angry little fanboys. Lot of companies in America worse than EA.

#35 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Ironically, EA themselves were the ones to prove that the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 with Most Wanted.

I find it hilarious that they say mobile is where it's at and they closed a lot of companies in their mobile division, and that they are calling gen 8 gen 4.

Exactly what I was thinking..

My thoughts in favor of the Wii U:

52nfuv.jpg

Epic. No other word can describe that.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#36 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Just look at IGN's comment section about the subject. They actually AGREE with EA. Shows how low gamers are now adays.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

EA doesn't deserve to be the worst company in America. It was just voted that because of angry little fanboys. Lot of companies in America worse than EA.

It's a consumer award.

It's not about who pollutes most, who treats workers poorly, it's about how well the company responds to their customers concerns.

EA lack.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

EA, a game company that makes video games, should not have been above Bank of America 

While Bank of America managed to dodge the “Worst Company in America” title, coming in second place is nothing to brag about. The bank cut its ATM network by around 10 percent, foreclosed on wrong houses, and made errors on home-loan adjustments. Bank of America was even sued by investors, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, and the U.S. government. It also came in last place on the American Customer Satisfaction Index survey

You actually want to compare someone being displeased at an ending of a game or DRM to someone losing their home? 

Edited by thechamp80, 17 May 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#39 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

EA, a game company that makes video games, should not have been above Bank of America 

You actually want to compare someone being displeased at an ending of a game or DRM to someone losing their home? 

In this perspective, I would agree that Bank of America is worse. But EA would still be the worst gaming company in America. Most of EA's votes were because of their terrible business choices. Unneeded DRM, greedy microtransactions/DLC, and poor response to consumers. EA's rocky relationship with Nintendo doesn't help that much either.

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

That isn't all that makes them the worst company.  EA are also anticompetitive, anti-consumer.

Also, like it or not, there are far more happy BoA customers than unhappy ones.  The same could not be said of EA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!