Photo

How will you feel if the PS4 and NEXTBOX launch price is similar to the WII U?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

This is a big deal i think, im expecing PS4 and XBOX to launch around £400, thats £50 more than i paid for my WII U, would i, and all of us paid that for the extra power meaning we get all the big games, hell yeah.
People talk about poor console manufacturers making a loss on each console but remember this, new mario bros u was hardly any different from that 2d one they launched on wii, so they take the old one, re jig the levels, up the graphics to hd and add a few gamepad features and sell nearly a copy with every console, more than making up for any loss on hardware. Theres no way they used a whole dev team for that game, so costs were low, but was the game cost any lower?

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

I'd still probably hold off on buying it. Namely because there's still a ton of stuff I've yet to play on the PS3.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

I'd say how on earth do people think these consoles will blow wii u out of the water when they are the same price? slightly better? sure, but seriously...

#4 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

I would be disappointed if it was more then 50 more than Wii U Deluxe. But that's just me
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#5 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

I feel that it would force Nintendo to drop the price of the Wii U.  I personally think the Wii U will be somewhat of a slow seller until their are plenty of great games on the console, and the price reaches $199. 

Edited by Goodtwin, 21 May 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#6 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

if they dont blow wii u out the water powerwise why are devs dropping it and not making big games for it? A bet?

I dont want nintendo to drop the price i want to pay for a console that is next gen and competative

Edited by djlewe78, 21 May 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#7 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Nothing at all. I bought the Wii U for it's games, that's the only reason anyone should ever buy a console, for the games.
Will the PS4/Xbox Durango/Infinity/720/W.E The hell it's called these days price change that? Nope.

FmEkJ2.gif

#8 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

If the next XBOX is $400 (without any of that subscription model nonsense) it will be a no-brainer buy for me.

Of course, I'll probably end up getting it no matter what the price is.

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm not paying for another $350 console.

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

Doesn't matter how cheap the nextbox is, I don't plan on buying a console that is essentially a CoD machine that i have to pay just to go online (If within the next hour they announce that it will have subscription free online then disregard this comment)

As for the PS4 that might be a different story because at least Sony has decent exclusives and they get all he 3rd parties

But I doubt ill get it at launch just because I am in no rush to play any of the announced launch games and I can wait a few years till it gets a beefier lineup

#11 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

@half, i understand that its about the games, but once you own mario 3d hd, mario kart hd, a proper new zelda, and smash bros plus a few others dont you feel nintendo could have delivered those handfull of games on a different platform that didnt cost £350, maybe through streaming or pc? Your correct about it being about games, which is why nintendo should be giving us a machine that truly everybody can play, from mario lovers to battlefield fans.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

remember this, new mario bros u was hardly any different from that 2d one they launched on wii, so they take the old one, re jig the levels, up the graphics to hd and add a few gamepad features and sell nearly a copy with every console, more than making up for any loss on hardware. Theres no way they used a whole dev team for that game, so costs were low, but was the game cost any lower?

Check the numerous Iwata Asks for insights on the development team, they did indeed have one.
It's just like any other sequel.

This is a big deal i think, im expecing PS4 and XBOX to launch around £400, thats £50 more than i paid for my WII U, would i, and all of us paid that for the extra power meaning we get all the big games, hell yeah.
People talk about poor console manufacturers making a loss on each console

I expect ps4 for $400 and 720 for $450
They will take a loss, it worked well for them last generation, if it wasn't for rrod and cell they'd have made a lot of cash money.

Edited by Nollog, 21 May 2013 - 07:14 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Doesn't matter how cheap the nextbox is, I don't plan on buying a console that is essentially a CoD machine that i have to pay just to go online (If within the next hour they announce that it will have subscription free online then disregard this comment)

As for the PS4 that might be a different story because at least Sony has decent exclusives and they get all he 3rd parties

But I doubt ill get it at launch just because I am in no rush to play any of the announced launch games and I can wait a few years till it gets a beefier lineup

im sure it will have paid online. with screw dev/users dlc schemes and patch screws.

while they are at it they will sell the xbox on contract for cheaper (the contract price being inflated with a heavy fee for  breking said contract)

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

I would be pretty annoyed.

Edited by Curo, 21 May 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

People talk about poor console manufacturers making a loss on each console but remember this, new mario bros u was hardly any different from that 2d one they launched on wii, so they take the old one, re jig the levels, up the graphics to hd and add a few gamepad features and sell nearly a copy with every console, more than making up for any loss on hardware. Theres no way they used a whole dev team for that game, so costs were low, but was the game cost any lower?

It won't be, unless they plan on taking a huge loss.  It isn't about power, at all.  The parts are expensive, GDDR5 is extremely expensive.  PS4 will be more expensive than both the others, XBOX is rumored to have a subscription model to subsidize the cost, but then you are paying $20/month for XBL.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

I really dunno, my brain hasn't made it's mind up yet on how it would feel. In a few years time it could potentially really hurt the Wii U, but I think we are all good for now.

#17 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Xbox one is going to be at least $500... no games either -sigh-

The Wii U seems like the only dedicated gaming console this new generation. 

Signature_Fox.png

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

They're gonna be way more expensive. X1 comes with Kinect, which can be pretty expensive tech for all we know, and its specs aren't exactly funny either.

No sig.

#19 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

I am expecting a bare minimum of $500, but possibly $600.  They have to be banking on some sort of subcription program to offset the cost.  Rumors have said that the next Xbox was going to be very expensive, and it looks like thats going to hold true.  Wii U could have a huge holiday season if its competition are both above $500, heck, the 360 and PS3 may sell significantly better than all of the next gen systems this holiday season. 

#20 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

PS4 in the UK wil be I reckon £329 which means discounting to £299 is possible. The PS4 is not state of the art by any means and this is a completely viable price point. The wii u never really merited the £299 launch price based on its hardware and thats probably why it has been rejected by so many consumers based on its performance vs price ratio. It really should have launched at something like £229 for the 32GB version and £180 for the basic model.  I'm not sure where the xbox one will be priced as I really can't get my head around the decisions Microsoft are making. They don't seem to know what they are doing and have alienated many gamers with their xbox one reveal. They may be forced into a lower launch price than ps4 or Nintendo style they may launch at too high a price and end up with very low sales.

From a consumer perspective this christmas is going to be great. 3 console manufacturer's desperate to do well meaning 2 companies are going to be forced to play catch up to one of them.

Nintendo will have the price advantage and no doubt a handful of brilliant games

Sony will have a stylish, powerful and desirable console for those that can afford it

Microsoft will have their console for those people who like subscription services, no resell value for their games and breeze block styling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!