• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

WAIT! Did they actually go with always online and anti used games! I thought that was all stupid rumours!

It's official that the Xbox is not "always online", but it does require the internet to function. That's on the Xbox One FAQ. What's unclear is how often you need to connect. A day? Every hour?

And your game is connected to the hard drive and connected to your live account. Meaning, if you sell it, someone else can't use it unless they pay extra. What's unclear is how much that fee is. Someone at MS made it. Sound like its the same cost as a NEW game.

Then there is a patent with Kinnect that allows MS to charge you extra for content depending on how many body's are in the room. That isn't even being discussed. Could have been and idea scrapped or an idea being placed in the hidden box.

But this would explain why Kinnnext needs to be connected to X1 all the time.

So what happens if you don't connect it to the internet once a day?

No one knows.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#42 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

It's official that the Xbox is not "always online", but it does require the internet to function. That's on the Xbox One FAQ. What's unclear is how often you need to connect. A day? Every hour?

And your game is connected to the hard drive and connected to your live account. Meaning, if you sell it, someone else can't use it unless they pay extra. What's unclear is how much that fee is. Someone at MS made it. Sound like its the same cost as a NEW game.

Then there is a patent with Kinnect that allows MS to charge you extra for content depending on how many body's are in the room. That isn't even being discussed. Could have been and idea scrapped or an idea being placed in the hidden box.

But this would explain why Kinnnext needs to be connected to X1 all the time.

No one knows.

It has to check software licensing once every 24 hours, something windows also requires, since Windows Vista and the inclusion of the Software License Protection Service.  I calls back to Microsoft to check all relevant software licenses.  If it cannot do this, you cannot use any software.

They clarified that while the game will install on say your friends system if you take it over, they won't be able to start the software unless they purchase a license to play it, which a microsoft spokesman said would be the same as a new game. "It would be considered a new game at that point."

Edited by routerbad, 22 May 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#43 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

No one is going to mention the astounding lack of third party support for the Wii U, while the Xbox One will have more than six AAA games released within 12 months of its launch? Microsoft has companies like EA and other big name third parties backing them. Also, Gears of War and Halo are system sellers.

... They never said AAA games, they said exclusives. And Nintendo is getting plenty of those too, so I don't see what you're saying here.

Wanna see an Xbox exclusive?

250px-Kinect_Sports.jpg

Can't wait for Xbox One!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#44 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Apparently sales have been going up pretty significantly since yesterday.  I can't find any actual evidence, just rumors and rumblings.

#45 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I pick Wii U, because Microsoft took the Xbox 359 steps backward. *Troll face.*

So that's why it's not backwards compatible..

Apparently sales have been going up pretty significantly since yesterday. I can't find any actual evidence, just rumors and rumblings.

What happened yesterday?
No sig.

#46 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

So that's why it's not backwards compatible..

What happened yesterday?

Something was announced or revealed or something, I dont even know.

#47 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

I also saw today that Xbox Juan 500gb hard drives cannot be replaced....but "players can add additional storage to their console’s via third-party USB 3.0 devices" another fail, imho...

http://www.egmnow.co...ot-be-replaced/

#48 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

It has to check software licensing once every 24 hours, something windows also requires, since Windows Vista and the inclusion of the Software License Protection Service. I calls back to Microsoft to check all relevant software licenses. If it cannot do this, you cannot use any software.

They clarified that while the game will install on say your friends system if you take it over, they won't be able to start the software unless they purchase a license to play it, which a microsoft spokesman said would be the same as a new game. "It would be considered a new game at that point."

They clarified that you can bring a game to a friends account, sign in to your Xbox Live account, and play at no charge.

http://www.eurogamer...ine-in-xbox-one

But it's confusing and they keep going back and forth.

#49 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

Or they're just streaming in from sites like this one, due to threads like this one, to drown out the Xbox fans.  

If it was like that, i think MS would go into negative percentage! :laugh:

#50 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Didn't RE: Revelations HD come out? 

No sig.

#51 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

i dnt c the the xbox conference a failure it was about the system not games. games will b revealed @ e3 like they said .

#52 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I sincerely didn`t expect this reveal to create so much confusion.

Edited by DéliopT, 23 May 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#53 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

I also saw today that Xbox Juan 500gb hard drives cannot be replaced....but "players can add additional storage to their console’s via third-party USB 3.0 devices" another fail, imho...

http://www.egmnow.co...ot-be-replaced/

So Nintendo failed too?

x1 will be the wii of this generation.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#54 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

I am shocked by that, actually. My coworkers who are gamers got into a conversation about this, and said they weren't going to buy the Xbox One, even though they were big Xbox fans. However, what they said was that they would buy a PS4 instead. The Wii U never came up in the conversation, as if it isn't even there in their minds. This is how I feel many of the fans of those two consoles are, Nintendo really isn't even relevant in their eyes.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#55 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

:( I don't see why I need to use my tv so a game can be "innovative".

Everything would work with off-tv play, except things like ZombiU.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#56 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

i dnt c the the xbox conference a failure it was about the system not games. games will b revealed @ e3 like they said .

It was a failure because it failed to answer the questions we wanted answered. It doesn't help that post reveal we still don't have those answers.

And it's never good when your reveal makes your customers consider the competition.

I am shocked by that, actually. My coworkers who are gamers got into a conversation about this, and said they weren't going to buy the Xbox One, even though they were big Xbox fans. However, what they said was that they would buy a PS4 instead. The Wii U never came up in the conversation, as if it isn't even there in their minds. This is how I feel many of the fans of those two consoles are, Nintendo really isn't even relevant in their eyes.

There are two type of Xbox Players. Actual Xbox Fans, and ex-Nintendo fans. Where these co workers big Nintendo fans who left Nintendo in favor of Xbox?

I think any ex-Nintendo fan will consider the Wii U once Nintendo shows them what they want.

Edited by MorbidGod, 23 May 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#57 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Xbox One May Have Sold Wii U Better Than Nintendo
Read more at http://www.inquisitr...ex3VbZXjBHu6.99

Edited by Sorceror12, 23 May 2013 - 07:59 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#58 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

They clarified that you can bring a game to a friends account, sign in to your Xbox Live account, and play at no charge.

http://www.eurogamer...ine-in-xbox-one

But it's confusing and they keep going back and forth.

As soon as you sign out, they have to buy it to continue playing, even if you leave the disc with them.

Didn't RE: Revelations HD come out? 

Haha, yes, it did.  I was referring to a more visible, singular announcement.

That's what I'm referring to.

#59 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Interesting read. I agree with their point. Everybody right now is liking Wii U and/or PS4.

No sig.

#60 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

... They never said AAA games, they said exclusives. And Nintendo is getting plenty of those too, so I don't see what you're saying here.

Wanna see an Xbox exclusive?

250px-Kinect_Sports.jpg

Can't wait for Xbox One!

Ubisoft announced six AAA titles after the conference, including Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!