routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Ubisoft announced six AAA titles after the conference, including Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV.

None of which are exclusive, all of which are coming to WiiU.  What is your point?

#62 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

None of which are exclusive, all of which are coming to WiiU.  What is your point?

I never claimed that they were exclusive. My point is it has support. The Xbox 360 managed to do well with a large lack of exclusive titles.

#63 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Those aren't the Wii U target.  That would be like MSFT or Sony trying to convert a hardcore Nintendo fan.  But if you bought an Xbox a year or two and you are looking for something new, I could see them buying a Wii U.

I am shocked by that, actually. My coworkers who are gamers got into a conversation about this, and said they weren't going to buy the Xbox One, even though they were big Xbox fans. However, what they said was that they would buy a PS4 instead. The Wii U never came up in the conversation, as if it isn't even there in their minds. This is how I feel many of the fans of those two consoles are, Nintendo really isn't even relevant in their eyes.

#64 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

I never claimed that they were exclusive. My point is it has support. The Xbox 360 managed to do well with a large lack of exclusive titles.

Yep, but the 360 was no where near as restrictive to owners.

Also, indies are getting more exposure now, and Microsoft has flatly stated they will not allow them to self publish, and that the same restrictive and profit draining policies will remain.

#65 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

So Nintendo failed too?

x1 will be the wii of this generation.

smdh, had nothing to do with nintendo. in the past it was a pretty handy to many people to be able to slap in an aftermarket HDD for multiple reasons, same with ps3.

#66 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yep, but the 360 was no where near as restrictive to owners.

Also, indies are getting more exposure now, and Microsoft has flatly stated they will not allow them to self publish, and that the same restrictive and profit draining policies will remain.

I've already stated that I think the Xbox One won't sell as well as the 360.

#67 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

You're sending mixed messages here bud.  "X360 managed to do well with a large lack of exclusive titles"

then "I stated it won't sell well"  so what is the point of your argument?  Are you simply trying to be argumentative?

#68 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

smdh, had nothing to do with nintendo. in the past it was a pretty handy to many people to be able to slap in an aftermarket HDD for multiple reasons, same with ps3.

The Wii U doesn't let you change out hard drives.
Also, what's so hard about plugging in a usb hard drive?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#69 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

The Wii U doesn't let you change out hard drives.
Also, what's so hard about plugging in a usb hard drive?

Agreed, the reason it was so important last gen was because none of them supported external storage out of the box, only several years later was that added.

#70 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

... They never said AAA games, they said exclusives. And Nintendo is getting plenty of those too, so I don't see what you're saying here.

Wanna see an Xbox exclusive?

250px-Kinect_Sports.jpg

Can't wait for Xbox One!

Pfft what's a Wii? I got a freaking kinect! It's totes innoative! It's not like the Wii in anyway it is totally not a copy of the Wii pfft no!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#71 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

As soon as you sign out, they have to buy it to continue playing, even if you leave the disc with them.

Haha, yes, it did. I was referring to a more visible, singular announcement.

That's what I'm referring to.

Yes, that's the point MS is doing. You can play it on your Xbox Live account (or your family apparently), but you can't sell or trade games anymore.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#72 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yes, that's the point MS is doing. You can play it on your Xbox Live account (or your family apparently), but you can't sell or trade games anymore.

Or play games on the console at all after the gen is over.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#73 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

or even loan it out.  I don't let my friends borrow games for only when I'm there.  If they want to try it out, I give him the disc and let him have a go.  Now I either have to go to his house and sign into my live account for the duration of his gameplay, or give him my credentials, "concerned with privacy" indeed.

#74 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm going to speculate here:

Microsoft considers retail boxes to be nothing more than game key cards with the download included. I believe you can throw away the disk and download the game, like the downloadable games for the 360. The disk itself is worthless. Microsoft would have to support transferring licenses to another account, which I thought the 360 could do but I'm mistaken

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#75 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

But then you would be killing your original post's point, which was that the Wii U has 0 support.

All those 6 games are coming to Wii U, so why exactly does this not qualify as support for Wii U but it does for the X1?

I don't even know what you're trying to prove here anymore.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#76 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

They have a lot of good exclusives. Halo being the one that sold the console.

or even loan it out. I don't let my friends borrow games for only when I'm there. If they want to try it out, I give him the disc and let him have a go. Now I either have to go to his house and sign into my live account for the duration of his gameplay, or give him my credentials, "concerned with privacy" indeed.

Yep, exactly. It's very anti gamer. Just like PC games now.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#77 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Among the 3 OS's, the Xbox One is running on the windows kernal (Windows 8 kernal) . During the keynote by MS, they made no mention of 8, rather just referring to it as the Windows kernal. Paul Thurott mentioned this during the Windows Weekley podcast today and said basically it's because Windows 8 has not been the success that MS has wanted. 

I just found it interesting that MS has to do little things like that to try and keep a certain perception about it's product.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#78 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

With that abysmal reveal Tuesday Microsoft may have single handedly pushed 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of there fanbase to the competition, I really don't think that has ever happened before. Nintendo has a second chance now, they need to take it and pull the trigger on MS, BLOW EM OUT THE WATER COMPLETELY!!! If Nintendo plays this right it will be a cakewalk..........

#79 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Pfft what's a Wii? I got a freaking kinect! It's totes innoative! It's not like the Wii in anyway it is totally not a copy of the Wii pfft no!

Everyone knows that the EyeToy did it first.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#80 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

But then you would be killing your original post's point, which was that the Wii U has 0 support.

All those 6 games are coming to Wii U, so why exactly does this not qualify as support for Wii U but it does for the X1?

I don't even know what you're trying to prove here anymore.

First of all, I never said that the Wii U had "0 support". Of those six, Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed are the only games we actually know details on, so no, they're not all coming to the Wii U necessarily.

As for your second part, I was acknlowdging the disadvantages the X1 had that the 360 didn't (which routerbad pointed out). I still think it'll sell well, just not as well as the 360.

My main point I've been trying to make was that I don't think the X1 will sell badly. I guess I made a mess trying to make that clear, so sorry to you and routerbad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!