NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

POPULAR

No hate here, by me and please don't post anything of the sort as I would like to keep this fairly to the point.

Browsing many forums and blogs since the reveal of Xbox One yesterday, there seems to be quite a number of people who are talking about giving the Wii U another look over.

Things I am finding are:

1. Backwards compatibility (made simple in Wii U)
  2. Exclusives (people still yearn for Zelda, Mario, SSB etc)
  3. Gamepad (I have seen many people commenting that it actually looks cool, and innovative.) These are some of the same people who were not even considering Wii U before, not necessarily people who don't like Nintendo, but just have gone with other systems in the past.
  4. Free Online (Nintendo is improving online features regularly and often, no subscription based unlike Xbox) Makes a big difference to some people, especially because of point #1, since MS will not be offering this free or as easy as putting in a last gen game into the system. Money is tight in the world economy for many.

This is poll found on the xbox board of gamefaqs.com

Xbox one or Wii U? which is the better buy? - Results (1048 votes)
Xbox one
10.69%

Wii U
89.31%

I am glad to see people taking another look at the Wii U, there is a lot to be said and shown by all companies, but at least there are still people who have not totally looked past what the Wii U offers now, and what it will offer in years to come.

Now go and vote your choice.

http://www.gamefaqs....ox-one/66246911

Edited by Sorceror12, 22 May 2013 - 07:59 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

This is definitely not what I was expecting, but I'm very glad that this is the way things have turned out.

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

POPULAR

I'm not going to vote, because it tilts the odds and that poll is meant for Xbox 360 fans.

However, I am glad to see that. Nintendo has an easy job now. Just show what you have, people will watch.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

The comments on that site has me surprised that the Wii U is actually winning the poll.

Edited by Jade Sceptile, 22 May 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#5 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

POPULAR

So... assuming this poll is to be trusted... Microsoft was the Wii U's savior?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Nintendo in response to Xbox One:

"MAI HEROOOO!! <3"

Posted Image

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

So... assuming this poll is to be trusted... Microsoft was the Wii U's savior?

I think it's a bit telling that perhaps some 360 users *or a majority in this polling scenario* felt underwhelmed by the reveal and perhaps are looking at a console that is more about GAMES.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

This is all a bit premature to get too excited, That was just a "Microsoft Direct" if you will, We don't judge all of Nintendo's performance based on one single mini-conference.

While I'm not gonna deny that Microsoft sucked a fat one yesterday, It doesn't really matter come E3, because gamers are a very fickle minded group and they are also very forgiving of mistakes made the companies they love

I mean gosh look at us Nintendo fans.... Ninty hasn't made a home console that actually plays video games other than Ninty games in well over a decade, We had N64, GameCube, Wii and now Wii U and we all keep buying them and we always keep defending them and the Xbox fans will be no different. One press conference isn't actually going to convert the masses, and I'm sure come E3 Microsoft will come out guns blazing.

#9 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

No one is going to mention the astounding lack of third party support for the Wii U, while the Xbox One will have more than six AAA games released within 12 months of its launch? Microsoft has companies like EA and other big name third parties backing them. Also, Gears of War and Halo are system sellers.

Edited by Humble Cicero, 22 May 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

No hate here, by me and please don't post anything of the sort as I would like to keep this fairly to the point.

Browsing many forums and blogs since the reveal of Xbox One yesterday, there seems to be quite a number of people who are talking about giving the Wii U another look over.

Things I am finding are:

1. Backwards compatibility (made simple in Wii U)
  2. Exclusives (people still yearn for Zelda, Mario, SSB etc)
  3. Gamepad (I have seen many people commenting that it actually looks cool, and innovative.) These are some of the same people who were not even considering Wii U before, not necessarily people who don't like Nintendo, but just have gone with other systems in the past.
  4. Free Online (Nintendo is improving online features regularly and often, no subscription based unlike Xbox) Makes a big difference to some people, especially because of point #1, since MS will not be offering this free or as easy as putting in a last gen game into the system. Money is tight in the world economy for many.

This is poll found on the xbox board of gamefaqs.com

Xbox one or Wii U? which is the better buy? - Results (1048 votes)
Xbox one
10.69%

Wii U
89.31%

I am glad to see people taking another look at the Wii U, there is a lot to be said and shown by all companies, but at least there are still people who have not totally looked past what the Wii U offers now, and what it will offer in years to come.

Now go and vote your choice.

http://www.gamefaqs....ox-one/66246911

The poll doesn't include PS4. That would have been interesting. Obviously, currently the war is going on between Nintendo and Playstation. PS4 hopes are pretty high, and Wii U has to prove itself this E3. 

No sig.

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

No one is going to mention the astounding lack of third party support for the Wii U, while the Xbox One will have more than AAA games released within 12 months of its launch? Microsoft has companies like EA and other big name third parties backing them. Also, Gears of War and Halo are system sellers.

Ill see your Gears and Halo and I'll raise you a 3D Mario and  Zelda :P

Also you may not have heard but in a stunning turn of events yesterday EA has joined forces with Nintendo once again... e_o

EA is so flip floppy they should run for political office :P

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 22 May 2013 - 10:15 AM.

• Doc likes this

#12 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Ill see your Gears and Halo and I'll raise you a 3D Mario and  Zelda :P

Also you may not have heard but in a stunning turn of events yesterday EA has joined forces with Nintendo once again... e_o

EA is so flip floppy they should run for political office :P

I'm not questioning whether or not it's as good as Mario or Zelda. What I'm saying is that Gears of War and Halo are system sellers, whether you like them or not. Lots of gamers will buy the Xbox One for them.

I'm well aware. You may not have heard, but their support for Nintendo is significantly weaker than their support for Microsoft.

#13 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm well aware. You may not have heard, but their support for Nintendo is significantly weaker than their support for Microsoft.

Then why did they announce support for Nintendo after the bomb of a press conference?....It may not be as strong of a bond as it appears, just like Mighty Putty 

#14 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Then why did they announce support for Nintendo after the bomb of a press conference?....It may not be as strong of a bond as it appears, just like Mighty Putty 

Pretty funny.  Sales of Wii U are slow but they are still 3.5mm ahead of the new xbox.  In terms of game play features, how many people are going to want to upgrade to the new one right away? There's a far bigger gap in performance between the Wii and Wii U than the two Xbox's IMO.  That other stuff they are adding is far more gimmicky than the gamepad (which I think is awesome).

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Nintendo should take the opportunity abd show gamers what they are about. Fortunately E3 is just around the corner, so Nintendo better show something great and impressive - hopefully some new IPs!

That poll sure is surprising, btw. People are really mad!

#16 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

That poll sure is surprising, btw. People are really mad!

Or they're just streaming in from sites like this one, due to threads like this one, to drown out the Xbox fans.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

I think it's a bit telling that perhaps some 360 users *or a majority in this polling scenario* felt underwhelmed by the reveal and perhaps are looking at a console that is more about GAMES.

It was like Nintendo's Wii Music e3.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

I pick Wii U, because Microsoft took the Xbox 359 steps backward. *Troll face.*

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm not questioning whether or not it's as good as Mario or Zelda. What I'm saying is that Gears of War and Halo are system sellers, whether you like them or not. Lots of gamers will buy the Xbox One for them.

And they are the only ones.  Wii U will also have several AAA titles releasing this fall, during the xbox launch.  Microsoft did not mention the budget with their "15 games" that are coming, I doubt that as many as 6 will be AAA games, maybe one or two, those are all exclusives.

#20 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

It looks like Nintendo ONE this poll.

Edited by GameCube, 22 May 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!