Generic Hero

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • NNID:GenericHero
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

I honestly don't see the problem of not having backwards compatibility. I doubt any of us would buy 360 games without a 360. Seems silly to make that investment otherwise.

The thing is that many people sell their old console in order to subsidize the high prices of newer consoles.

Woe is I, who haft been unprepared. I hath entered a sanctuary of forbidden to the eyes of men. 

My eyes shall burn with the images of that which I had seen. Far beyond my comprehension, a ritual. I hath seen them dance and sing.

For they danced and sang with a passion no longer held by my kind. And when such ritual hath concluded I was awakened to the meaning of it all.

I was enlightened to passion of the other kind. finally, I sayth to myself.

"Mine being hath been prepared"

#22 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

I played a Wii game on my Wii U today (it was Skyward Sword).

You so backwards, geeze!

Edited by Fig, 24 May 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#23 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

I honestly don't see the problem of not having backwards compatibility. I doubt any of us would buy 360 games without a 360. Seems silly to make that investment otherwise.

There will still be games that I want to play from this gen, and having backwards compatibility lets me play those games without that console. For example, I didn't have a PS3, so if PS4 has backwards compatibility, I would buy all of the games I missed out on for the PS3 to play on my PS4. Without that feature, I probably wont ever be able to get those games unless I decide to buy a PS3. (which I dont have the money for) I still play Wii games on my Wii U, and DS games on my 3DS. I like backwards compatibility, it's not unnecessary, but its an awesome addition to have to a console.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#24 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Someone pass the popcorn :)

• Doc likes this
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#25 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

You so backwards, geeze!

I know right.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#26 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Yah, i get it to a point. I have a lot of games bought off of the playstation network. Included are ps3, ps2 as well as ps1 games. Not being able to play those on the PS4 is a decent blow, but I won't be selling my ps3 anyways, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

However, How many people bought a snes and were angry that they couldn't play nes games on it? What about snes games on the n64? I wasn't. I just knew it was a new generation, and my old games had to be played on my old system. It's a very modern thing wanting backwards compatibility.

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yah, i get it to a point. I have a lot of games bought off of the playstation network. Included are ps3, ps2 as well as ps1 games. Not being able to play those on the PS4 is a decent blow, but I won't be selling my ps3 anyways, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

However, How many people bought a snes and were angry that they couldn't play nes games on it? What about snes games on the n64? I wasn't. I just knew it was a new generation, and my old games had to be played on my old system. It's a very modern thing wanting backwards compatibility.

Yeah, but i can STILL PLAY my old nes after the snes came out.

When xbone is done, and they shutoff the authenticity servers, you wont be able to play the xbone anymore.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, but i can STILL PLAY my old nes after the snes came out.

When xbone is done, and they shutoff the authenticity servers, you wont be able to play the xbone anymore.

Yes, and that is where people need to vote with their wallet. It's ridiculous what we'll accept these days. What's so entitled about wanting to play a game (single player) without going online, and without having to pay for all these extra fees when i play online? All these extra options are cool, but I want to be able to turn them off if i so choose. The idea that i have to connect to the internet one a day or one a week even just to verify the purchases that I paid for borders on breaching my right to privacy. It's like gattaca, employees having to take the regular urine test to make sure they are who they say they are. It's ludicrous.

#29 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

The thing is that many people sell their old console in order to subsidize the high prices of newer consoles.

Exactly. Not to mention the space all those consoles take up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!