Photo

Xbox One Haters: Does this change your opinion?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

http://mobile.thever...-authentication

So there is much hate on X1. However, most of the hate is due to anti gamer policy such as no used games. And it appears that isn't the case.

So now, the only negative is the it must be online to check in. Until we know officially what will happen, I can't say this changes my opinion. I won't own a gaming console that won't let me use the damn thing if my internet goes,out for a few days.

What do you think, fellow X1 haters?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

That's a rumor.

#3 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

POPULAR

I think I'll just watch TV the normal way, thanks.
Sorry, just had to say it. c:

FmEkJ2.gif

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

POPULAR

Seems like a whole lot of confusion to me.

does the console just plug into the Wii or is it a new console?!

It's e3 all over again for Nintendo!!!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I dislike MS's customer service, so no. It roots back to a RROD with a purchased warranty, and getting sending them my 360 in mint condition. They sent me a stained one in return that died quickly after. Worse yet, they never refunded the paying warranty holders after everyone got a free warranty.

Then came Windows 8. So no. I think I will go PS4 or Steam Box if the need for a second console arises.

I dislike MS's customer service, so no. It roots back to a RROD with a purchased warranty, and getting sending them my 360 in mint condition. They sent me a stained one in return that died quickly after. Worse yet, they never refunded the paying warranty holders after everyone got a free warranty.

Then came Windows 8. So no. I think I will go PS4 or Steam Box if the need for a second console arises.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

The fact that there is no clear picture and a definitive yes or no to many of these important questions resonates with many gamers. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Haters gonna hate

Doesnt matter if the X1 doesnt have used game fee's or not, people will always find something :P

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 26 May 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#8 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Even if this rumor states that there's no fee for used games, it still says that trying to play the game on a second console disables the authentication on the original console. That still means that friends can't try games without screwing the original owner over; basically the same thing.

• Xef likes this
Posted Image

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Still sucks because if your internet is down you cant play.

I had a psn game and i couldnt save the game because the my internet went down and you gotta be log in to save.

After that no more psn games for me. Adn i only had that one because it was free since i brought a hard copy of the new one.

So as said before i wont be getting this xbox 1. Just to much crap for me.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Haters gonna hate

Doesnt matter if the X1 doesnt have used game fee's or not, people will always find something :P

Fanboys yes, but would you rather have MS or Apple in your living room? It seems like the customer is an after thought, and they have a reverse value proposition.

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Fanboys yes, but would you rather have MS or Apple in your living room? It seems like the customer is an after thought, and they have a reverse value proposition.

Neither :P

#GoogleTV :P

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Yep, pretty much how I look at it. I agree with what most of you said.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#13 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Neither :P

#GoogleTV :P

Lol. I already run. A HTPC so the XBone disappoints.

But this post is from my Nexus.

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

If this rumour is true, then they have fixed it (although it can easily be bypassed by not connecting to the internet, give the game to your friend, then he plays online and you play offline). 

Still doesn't change the fact you have to connect to the internet every 24 hours, I won't be able to play the Xbox One at my uncles house then. Microsoft are still putting too many rules into this box. Also they called people backwards and joined EA, still hate them.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#15 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

So you can't lend games to friends? That's what I do all the time with my Xbox 360. I don't see any point in buying this system (...yet).

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#16 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Even if this rumor states that there's no fee for used games, it still says that trying to play the game on a second console disables the authentication on the original console. That still means that friends can't try games without screwing the original owner over; basically the same thing.

To be fair, normally lending a game to a friend means you can't play it until they return it, right? I don't really mind them doing what emulates physical copies.

Posted Image

#17 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

So, it`s the customer servisse vs gamestores rumors... well, i`ll wait for MS official statement, although i`m inclined towards the mandatory fee for an used game seeing as you can only use a borrowed game with someone else`s account (that`s confirmed i think).
In the end it`s too much pointing that way, still, i`ll wait.

But even if there`s no extra fee for a used game, MS and their online checks everyday ruined it for a lot of people.

#18 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

.........No?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

The very fact that there is a server side authentification just to play games means that once this generation is over, the xbone, and every single game you bought for it becomes paper weights.

In case this message isnt clear enough:

WHEN THIS GENERATION IS OVER YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY THE XBONE OR ANY GAME YOU BOUGHT FOR IT EVER AGAIN, IT WILL BE A WORTHLESS HUNK OF PLASTIC.
  • Xef likes this

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

so it just stops you from installing on 4-5 different consuls? that is better news if true. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!