• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:42 AM.

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

I am assuming it would be worth it to carry my 3ds to my best buy location when the event gets underway... wonder if it will connect to the Nintendo Zone at Best Buy over this time....  :)

Edited by Sorceror12, 29 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Meh, nothing around here. Would have been cool to try some of the demos out. 

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#24 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Looks like im going to duluth they have a big mall there so my girl friend and her brother will make a day of it

#25 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

We fans in Europe want to play Nintendo's E3 demo's too you know. We have a bigger gaming base than you have.

Why don't they just put them on eShop and let the world enjoy the E3 demo's.

Then you should ask whoever is in charge of your region. Like I said, this is NoA doing this. I would much rather play the demos on my own console, though. No way in hell I'm driving a few hours just to spend a few minutes playing a demo.

#26 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Well, looks like I'll be saving my money until then for gas, I'm making a 2 hour trip to Syracuse!

#27 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Sucks that there aren't too many of these demo units. The nearest one by me is about 1-2 hours away, I'll still be going though. They better not have Nintendo employees that will kick you off after playing a single demo for 5 minutes. But seeing as there's only two days, with four hours each day, unfortunately that seems to be the case. I'm just crossing my fingers that there aren't many huge Nintendo fans going to that store :l.

Nintendo kinda screwed this up. Should have put it in more stores, have the demos up 24/7 for the whole week, and no Nintendo representatives limiting your time. If there's a lot of people at the Best Buy I'm going too, I'll be lucky to even play one demo. Four hours is so short.

Edited by Firejonie, 29 May 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#28 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:43 AM.

#29 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Sucks that there aren't too many of these demo units. The nearest one by me is about 1-2 hours away, I'll still be going though. They better not have Nintendo employees that will kick you off after playing a single demo for 5 minutes. But seeing as there's only two days, with four hours each day, unfortunately that seems to be the case. I'm just crossing my fingers that there aren't many huge Nintendo fans going to that store :l.

Nintendo kinda screwed this up. Should have put it in more stores, have the demos up 24/7 for the whole week, and no Nintendo representatives limiting your time. If there's a lot of people at the Best Buy I'm going too, I'll be lucky to even play one demo. Four hours is so short.

We shouldn't assume that Nintendo didn't try to get it in more stores. Best Buy has a huge part in this too and I am sure there are/were lots of behind the scenes negotiations that took place to get this to even take place. Retail space in any store, especially a big retailer like Best Buy is not cheap and these events will be taking up a good amount I presume.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#30 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

We shouldn't assume that Nintendo didn't try to get it in more stores. Best Buy has a huge part in this too and I am sure there are/were lots of behind the scenes negotiations that took place to get this to even take place. Retail space in any store, especially a big retailer like Best Buy is not cheap and these events will be taking up a good amount I presume.

Yeah, I wasn't doubting that Nintendo tried. It is very understandable that this took a lot of procedures to get the demo units out. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that there's one in the vicinity of my area (albeit 2 hours away, but close enough).

#31 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

The best thing they could have done was release some if not all of the demos on the eShop even if it was only for a limited time.

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Gosh darn I thought they were gonna have way more. Culver City? 40 minutes away but how will I get there?

#33 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Me going depends entirely on if theres an SSB4 demo or not since the nearest one is like 5 minutes away.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#34 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

...YES! YYEEESSS!

#35 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I feel like a big reason Nintendo did this was to get more people to notice their new system. People who haven't necessarily heard of it or really used one yet. Because I'm guessing the games they are going to be showing they expect to WOW a lot of people. But the amount of time that they are having this available isn't going to help them that much, as there are going to be plenty of people going that know what they're getting into, and spend as much time with the demo's as they can (like me for instance). A good concept in theory, but do to understandable restraints like costs, the actual outcome may not be exactly what they were hoping

#36 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Me going depends entirely on if theres an SSB4 demo or not since the nearest one is like 5 minutes away.

Guess you're not going...You shouldn't even expect that.
They'll probabaly have Pikmin, Mariokart, and Mario 3d.

#37 Elem187

Elem187

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Its really cool that there is a location less than 5 minutes from me... But what sucks is you only have 4 hours to play it on June 12th and 4 hours to play it on June 15th

I have a feeling I will get there and wait in line and they will be closed by the time it gets to be my turn.

#38 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Soul, on 29 May 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:Guess you're not going...You shouldn't even expect that.
They'll probabaly have Pikmin, Mariokart, and Mario 3d.

I'm not really expecting it, but its not outside the realm of possibilities.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#39 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

About 45 minutes to my closest one in IL. I might check it out.

#40 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Only one in Washington? We're home to NoA for gods sake. Oh well about 1 1/2 to 2 hours isn't that bad.

Stupid Snowmads!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!