Photo

What if we don't see good graphics this E3?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Everyone is lke 'just wait till E3' but really, what if it all won't look that good at all? Are you not getting your hopes up?
No sig.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've been playing a lot of Wii 1 games lately and noticed the gameplay quality was pretty good. So I say, just be happy the Wii U graphics are a step up and focus on the gameplay.

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

It's the gameplay/story that counts, not the graphics. So if the graphics aren't "good" it won't hurt me.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Who cares about graphics.

#5 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Wii U games look nice atm. What's the big deal?

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Who cares about graphics.

Graphics hounds. Which are the bottom of the barrel in the gaming world along with fanboys that play only one company.

Wii U games look nice atm. What's the big deal?

Exactly. Nintendo's competitors don't appear too OP. BTW be sure to create an into thread.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

When I say "just wait till E3" am not talking about graphics, i DON'T CARE About graphics, screw them i care about the games, All graphics do is raise the budget of the game by a large amount and thats it, doesn't make the game better, doesn't make the gameplay smoother, LITERALLY DOESN'T DO A THING! So why do people even care??? I could live my entire life with Last Gen Graphics and i would be absolutely fine, want to know why? Because it DOESN't MATTER!!! GAH!!! AAHAHHRHRDFI!

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

graphics help but honestly a good game doesnt need them

wjapt2.jpg

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

graphics help but honestly a good game doesnt need them

^Well put. Graphics are just aesthetic. A great game relies on gameplay.

Signature_DK.png

#10 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

First of all, let's establish something: graphics =/= art style or presentation. The graphics of a game are everything that makes presentation possible, not the presentation itself.

We already know the Wii U has the graphical capability to make a game look pretty, and the PS4 and XBox One are far stronger than the Wii U, so they can do the exact same. "Good" graphics are going to be present for this gen, and they'll be on show at E3.

#11 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Was anyone really excited about E3 because they may show pretty graphics? The only game that I can think of that people are looking forward to just because of the graphics is Retro's title, and that one is guranteed to have pretty graphics, regardless of how it compares to the previous gen.

So, I guess everyone will just be a little disappointed, then they'll go talk about Smash Bros

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

I don't think anyone mean't by "wait till E3" to show off the Wii U's graphical capabilities. I think people are saying wait till e3 because Nintendo will actually show us some games.

2lvmghw.png

#13 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

I watch E3 for games, not fancy graphics. Good graphics are nice to have, sure, but a game doesn't necessarily have to be a breathtaking masterpiece for me to enjoy. I like what the Wii U is capable of doing already with its early lineup of games graphic-wise, and it will only get better from here on out.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Retro and MS will be definitely "blowing" up away with X and Retro's game, and if you aren't pleased by what you see, make a gaming PC. Simple as that. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Anyone expecting a major bump in graphical fidelity from any of the three console makers or 3rd party publishers should just stop holding their breath right now.  It isn't going to be the bump that we saw from gen 6 to gen 7 at all.  It will all be very minor enhancements.  Games will look better, and artists will have more room to create, but it isn't going to magically enhance the graphical fidelity to over 9000!!!!

Edited by routerbad, 30 May 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Anyone expecting a major bump in graphical fidelity from any of the three console makers or 3rd party publishers should just stop holding their breath right now.  It isn't going to be the bump that we saw from gen 6 to gen 7 at all.  It will all be very minor enhancements.  Games will look better, and artists will have more room to create, but it isn't going to magically enhance the graphical fidelity to over 9000!!!!

That's what I have been saying for quite some time. And it's true.

Signature_DK.png

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

I actually argued the opposite with a friend recently.

#18 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Are good graphics nice to have?  Of course.  However, as stated earlier, I could live with the last generations HD graphics.  Personally, I'm not looking for absolutely amazing graphics.  I'm looking for absolute amazing gameplay, which is why I chose to by the Wii U.  As long as we don't see N64 or PS2 graphics, I'll be satisfied!  

#19 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Graphics vs. gameplay.

The Wii was the weakest console last generation, and it sold more than the Xbox 360 or the PS3. 

E3 can do nothing but help the Wii U gain some popularity. :D

86c.gif

#20 joiemoie

joiemoie

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

I was playing MH3 and the fruit in the barrels were just painted on (even if it was just a 3DS port), but it was still fun nonetheless. I found it pretty funny though that everyone raved about its graphics (that weren't even that great) when the real killer was the gameplay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!