#21 martoparto

martoparto

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, SMT and Pokemon

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

My perspective of this has changed, since having a PS3. I never really knew much about this anyway.

This is what I think they should do:
- Use a medal system. Trophies and achievements only have one level. If you use medals, you can give successive rewards e.g. You get a Bronze Medal for getting 20 headshots, Silver for 100, Gold for 250 and Platinum for 1000. However, this means that you can reduce how many individual rewards you need to get for 100% completion, because everything gets tiered. So it's not a direct copy of PS3.

- Emphasis on Co-Op. If they attempt to belittle the idea of bragging rights, in terms of these, and rather turn it into a "You scratch my back, I scratch yours" sort of deal, rewarding players for co-operatively play, it gives a more positive light to what Trophies and Achievements are, make them stand out, giving it a Nintendo like edge to it.

- Details to pop up on the tablet. When you get a [medal], it appears on the touchscreen, rather than the TV. Developers are always seeking ways to make the immersion better. This is just one way.

- Style. Scrolling through lists is rubbish. A Crystarium effect for looking at medals would be awesome. (Crystarium is a FFXIII thing, which I've been playing recently. Think of a FFX Sphere Grid or FFXII License Grid, but with 3D rotation. Otherwise, look it up.) Could also make sorting medals better. Not exactly a uniform sort of thing that Nintendo would do, but it would make it a heck of a lot cooler.

- Reward. You should get awesome stuff for collecting medals from an online centre of some sort. E.g. if you get 200 medals of silver or higher, you can download a special Wii U theme based on... Super Mario Sunshine for example. Of course, you can have internal game rewards too, like every medal gold or higher (of ranked medals), will get you a special code for downloading something awesome for your PC or 3DS.

I like the trophies in PS3 games. I can see Nintendo making them more awesome to collect.

I would like medals too!
Your idea is great!
I would like some kind of shop, in which you can spend the coins on awesome rewards

Posted Image

No! I didn't know the results!! Oh well...

#22 Randomite

Randomite

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

While I do think it is a great idea, I still feel the achievement system is flawed in terms of gaming companies abusing the achievement systems to get a bit more logevity out of their games by making players grind the hell out of a game for one meaningless achievement (Gears of War a prime example). If Nintendo can incorperate an achievement system where the achievements pertain to the actual game and make the experience all the more rewarding than stupid grinding for achievements then I am all for it.

Oh and keep Online achievements to a minimum...Saves people complaining should a game server get shut down in the future.

#23 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

POPULAR

They should have three subdivisions of Medals (which is what I will call them from here on out). Using an FPS/TPS as an example.

Player Medals: These are medals that players are going to naturally gain through gameplay. Simple things like 'Get to this point in the story' or 'get a relatively small number of kills', things that happen passively. Ok, maybe a few more things like 'Get 25 kills with this weapon' so as to help the player explore other weapons than the one they usually use. Some can be a little challenging, but not by much. Getting all of them gives you a PS3 Platinum Trophy equivalent.

Skill Medals: These are the grinding medals, or the ridiculous ones, like beating a campaign on the highest difficulty. Now if we were going to talk about a PS3 Platinum Trophy equivalent here, you would not need to do these, only the Player medals. These are more for braggin rights.

Multiplayer Medals: These are medals that you obtain in a multiplayer mode, whether Co-operative or Competitive. Because these need Internet and servers, which may not always be available, these too would not be needed for a PS3 Platinum Trophy equivalent. This would also include DLC medals.

Medal tiers would have many point values.
Player Medals: +1 Point

Skill Medals
- Bronze: N/A (In most cases, the Bronze tier would be a Player Medal. So if the Silver was get 75 kills with a <insert gun name here>, then the Bronze would've likely had been get 25 kills.
- Silver: Adds +1 to the medal, making it +2
- Gold: Medal value is +3
- Platinum: Medal value is +5

Obviously, not every Medal will need to use a Bronze, Silver, Gold and/or Platinum Medal.

Multiplayer Medals would not add to value. Rather, you get notoriety among other players (bragging rights ^^.) Because a lot of multiplayer tasks are ridiculously time wasting to get, it wouldn't be right to have a lot of people unable to get Medal Points. I suppose you could program the use of notoriety point values to make matchmaking more balanced or something.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#24 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

They should have three subdivisions of Medals (which is what I will call them from here on out). Using an FPS/TPS as an example.

Player Medals: These are medals that players are going to naturally gain through gameplay. Simple things like 'Get to this point in the story' or 'get a relatively small number of kills', things that happen passively. Ok, maybe a few more things like 'Get 25 kills with this weapon' so as to help the player explore other weapons than the one they usually use. Some can be a little challenging, but not by much. Getting all of them gives you a PS3 Platinum Trophy equivalent.

Skill Medals: These are the grinding medals, or the ridiculous ones, like beating a campaign on the highest difficulty. Now if we were going to talk about a PS3 Platinum Trophy equivalent here, you would not need to do these, only the Player medals. These are more for braggin rights.

Multiplayer Medals: These are medals that you obtain in a multiplayer mode, whether Co-operative or Competitive. Because these need Internet and servers, which may not always be available, these too would not be needed for a PS3 Platinum Trophy equivalent. This would also include DLC medals.

Medal tiers would have many point values.
Player Medals: +1 Point

Skill Medals
- Bronze: N/A (In most cases, the Bronze tier would be a Player Medal. So if the Silver was get 75 kills with a <insert gun name here>, then the Bronze would've likely had been get 25 kills.
- Silver: Adds +1 to the medal, making it +2
- Gold: Medal value is +3
- Platinum: Medal value is +5

Obviously, not every Medal will need to use a Bronze, Silver, Gold and/or Platinum Medal.

Multiplayer Medals would not add to value. Rather, you get notoriety among other players (bragging rights ^^.) Because a lot of multiplayer tasks are ridiculously time wasting to get, it wouldn't be right to have a lot of people unable to get Medal Points. I suppose you could program the use of notoriety point values to make matchmaking more balanced or something.

Auzzie Wingman How do you come up with all these ideas.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#25 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

It'll be cool if you could use the medals you get from acheivments to buy DLC content... but only for that game :D

Posted Image

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Auzzie Wingman How do you come up with all these ideas.

Years of bludging instead of Maths.

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

It'll be cool if you could use the medals you get from acheivments to buy DLC content... but only for that game :D

Lol, I'm sure the companies would be fine with not getting paid for their DLC :3 But yeah, it would be cool :D

#28 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Lol, I'm sure the companies would be fine with not getting paid for their DLC :3 But yeah, it would be cool :D

Valve doesn't seem to mind...

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#29 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

If Nintendo ever gonna bring achievements, they probably have it after you clocked the game. so we all get to play through first before unlocking achievements.
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#30 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

I guess I wouldn't mind achievements as long as they aren't obnoxious pop-ups that are frequently reminding me that I clicked the A button to open the door, or that I beat a boss I was supposed to beat. Now my experience them is fairly limited but those little pop-ups in trilogy when you beat story bosses were really unnecessary and extremely annoying when your trying to stay immersed in the game. If every game starts doing that like with the Xbox stuff I'd think I'd go insane. I don't own one but do they have like a toggle option to turn the reminders of achievements off? Because if they don't Nintendo, if they do add achievements create a toggle option for those who don't want constant reminders that we are playing a game.

To me it'd be sort of like watching a movie and then all of a sudden the main character shouts, CONGRATULATIONS you made it to the halfway point of our film! it's that goddamn annoying to me, and I've only experienced in one game so far... I don't know how some people put up with it in all their games.

I really need to look over my posts a bit more, I keep finding to many errors :unsure:

Edited by Garolymar, 11 November 2011 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

I guess I wouldn't mind achievements as long as they aren't obnoxious pop-ups that are frequently reminding me that I clicked the A button to open the door, or that I beat a boss I was supposed to beat. Now my experience them is fairly limited but those little pop-ups in trilogy when you beat story bosses were really unnecessary and extremely annoying when your trying to stay immersed in the game. If every game starts doing that like with the Xbox stuff I'd think I'd go insane. I don't own one but do they have like a toggle option to turn the reminders of achievements off? Because if they don't Nintendo, if they do add achievements create a toggle option for those who don't want constant reminders that we are playing a game.

To me it'd be sort of like watching a movie and then all of a sudden the main character shouts, CONGRATULATIONS you made it to the halfway point of our film! it's that goddamn annoying to me, and I've only experienced in one game so far... I don't know how some people but up with it in all their games.

The little the better. or maybe not show at all. but when you go to the menu they will have them there.

It would also be pretty cool when you unlock achievements you get cool prizes like change links tunic or change menu wallpaper or change Wii U start up etc so we can have more fun.

Edited by Merchiodos, 11 November 2011 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#32 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

I guess I wouldn't mind achievements as long as they aren't obnoxious pop-ups...

Not gonna happen.
There's a touch screen. It wouldn't break the immersion as much if they throw it up on there.
And if you look down anyway, you'd break the immersion yourself on purpose.

AuzzieWingman.png

#33 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

The thing with achievements - at least to me - as that they need to make sense without being painfully obvious. And at the same time, there's no point making them stupidly complicated, unless it's something like 'get every everything ever'. You see this best with the trophy system on the PS3. I think at points during a game where there's a genuine reward, a little bubble popping up wouldn't be too bad. For example, let's say you get every heart piece in LoZ - that's a good time to do a little achievement thing. You're probably aware of having full hearts, yes, but getting this little confirmation is always nice, at least to me.

#34 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

I don't think acheivments are annoying :/ They only pop up for like 2 seconds and then go, and most of the time they appear when the game is loading :ph34r:

Posted Image

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

In a mostly unrelated matter, I have the Platinum Trophy for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Seriously, you want Platinum Trophies, these games be easy.

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 nintendofanboy

nintendofanboy

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:35 AM

Nowadays, the trophy/achievements cannot be abscent from any game or console. It is one of the main features that engage players and keep them hooked to the screen for more hours. Business is the only reason it will stay.
The long wait for the Wii U.......

#37 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

Relevant news!

In a pleasant turn of events, Nintendo surprised us all with the addition of an achievement system to the StreetPass Mii Plaza in the megaton update that finally arrived after the week's delay. 78 accomplishments, as they're calling them, to get between all sorts of StreetPass tag goals, Find Mii and Find Mii II, Puzzle Swap, and the new StreetPass Map.

They don't connect to the Activity Log, and there isn't any means of displaying accomplishments to friends to compare progress yet, but it seems like these are things that would be implemented in the future with a 3DS connection to your username and profile when that sort of thing is setup for the Wii U next year.

And with the Wii U launch many months off and plenty of time for additional huge 3DS updates in the meantime, it's very possible that they could work on setting up a username system and rudimentary profile to start sharing accomplishment stats and so forth on. They could expand Club Nintendo into your standard Nintendo online profile and presence, or come up with another site like Pokemon Global Link and have you connect that with your systems and Club Nintendo for your unified Nintendo online presence, which would in turn connect with anything like Pokemon Global Link and third party services like EA Origin and Steam in the future.

With accomplishments in the StreetPass Mii Plaza now - the name of which I suspect may have come from the 'daily accomplishments' listings on the Wii message board - and achievement systems popping up in more and more first party games like Freakyforms, it'll be interesting to see if they start releasing updates/patches to retail games, Virtual Console games, DSiWare games, the AR Games, Face Raiders, or anything like that to start adding accomplishments to those (Or variations on the system by other names, as commonplace as 'achievements' are by that very name in games on Nintendo systems now, or 'titles,' or 'trophies' as in Freakyforms' case, and 'accolades' in Dragon Quest IX's), and then perhaps a means to start collecting and viewing these stats together in a more organized manner (Perhaps through the Activity Log, as I've previously suggested) as they move toward putting these stats up on an online profile and giving us a means of sharing and comparing this sort of collection, accomplishment stat, and overall progress data with friends in the future.

This is a bold, interesting move on Nintendo's part now, as we've been hoping for, at any rate. This update's been a pretty big leap forward for the system, and it seems like there may be more plans for Nintendo Zone in the next year now that it's a standard channel feature. SwapNote should be out any week now, too. It'll be interesting to see just what else Nintendo has up their sleeve in the coming updates in 2012, especially considering that accomplishments are a surprise addition to the update after the delay, as simple and rudimentary as their display is, as a simple list with lots of mysterious ones, lighting them up as you earn them and keeping a tally of your total. The "Congratulations!" messages with confetti and your Mii waving when you earn one are satisfying, at any rate.

#38 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

I would like to have one. Or have something like where you earn play coins. At least earn something.I would enjoy getting accomplishments from accomplishing tasks in games and things on the console.Like if I beat a game or unlocked a part of the game I would get an achievement on the WIi U, which would let me get a coin or something which could be used to maybe to unlock secrets on the console or maybe there would be levels for Mii and when you get enough coins you could spend those coins on leveling up your Mii. Leveling up your Mii could be used for things like Find me, on the 3DS, or in games that use Mii's, you could have a more experienced Mii than the others because you have a leveled up Mii, Anyways, I could see a lot out coming of an achievement system.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#39 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

I love earning achievments on my 360. It just gives me a sense of accomplishment. But what I want is for the achievments to have a purpose rather than just earning it, and nothing happens.

Like, if you earn an achivement in a game and you earn Gamerscore, Points, Play coins, whatever, I want those to actually do something. Like spending! For example, In Sonic Generations for the 3DS, you can use play coins to buy missions. Why not use those for buying things from the virtual console or WiiWare? I feel that this is a good idea.

Achievment Unlocked: Spelling achivement wrong 5 times in one Reply. :blush:

#40 Finesthour

Finesthour

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    My little Pony

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

I would love to be rewarded for my hard work on the Wii.

If only...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!