#41 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Why not use those for buying things from the virtual console or WiiWare? I feel that this is a good idea

Not going to happen unless earning achievements costed money, lol.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#42 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Maybe Nintendo could incorporate a system like the Challenges in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where certain accomplishments unlock in-game content, into every game, I think it would be a satisfactory improvement to the otherwise somewhat meaningless achievement/trophy systems nowadays.

#43 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Not going to happen unless earning achievements costed money, lol.

I dont know about that... The new club Nintendo has wiiware and vc rewards for coins so it's a possibility that you could do this

Edited by Link707, 11 December 2011 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image

#44 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

I dont know about that... The new club Nintendo has wiiware and vc rewards for coins so it's a possibility that you could do this

The coins are obtained through purchasing Nintendo retail games. Than input the code in to the account. So basically money is still involved.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#45 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

The coins are obtained through purchasing Nintendo retail games. Than input the code in to the account. So basically money is still involved.

But Achievements are obtained by buying a game and actually playing it. Money is still involved there too.
Posted Image

#46 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

I wrote on article on ign about this. I would rather have power stars from Mario as gamerscore like Xbox 360. Trophies seem weird to me. But Nintendo has so many iconic symbols like mushrooms and stars that they could do a trophy Ike system.

I also think that Nintendo should name their online service "Nintendo Stream" (a rumored name for wii u, along with café

http://www.ign.com/b...tendo-fans-plee
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#47 Jumbo Worm

Jumbo Worm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Metroid

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

I came up with this idea for Badges.

You earn badges the same way you earn achievements/trophies. Once a badge is unlocked, you can then place it on your little profile thing, or even place one on your Mii. For example, you unlock all the characters in Super Smash Bros whateveritiscalled, and you get a badge of the smash symbol. You can then let a Mii wear it, or even put it as a profile pic thing. There would be plenty of badges in each game.
Posted Image

#48 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

I came up with this idea for Badges.

You earn badges the same way you earn achievements/trophies. Once a badge is unlocked, you can then place it on your little profile thing, or even place one on your Mii. For example, you unlock all the characters in Super Smash Bros whateveritiscalled, and you get a badge of the smash symbol. You can then let a Mii wear it, or even put it as a profile pic thing. There would be plenty of badges in each game.

Sounds like avatar awards i

#49 KLerTheGamer

KLerTheGamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

I say yes they should have them because they do give people a sense of acomplishment. I never though I would be that into them until I started playing X-box 360 and I got addicted to achievements.
I do not know what they should be called but the sticker system in Wii Sports Resort is a good Nintendo styled achievement system so I think they should go with the stickers.

#50 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

I believe an achievements system would be a great idea as it will be a factor on what will capture the 'hardcore' audience Nintendo is aiming for.
It also gives a self gratifying feeling of accomplishment when obtained.

One thing I'd like Nintendo to do different though is to create an 'awards' system in which they can be earned using the achievements.
For example, if Nintendo goes for the 'numbered' achievements like Xbox, a certain reward costs XXXX achievement points. If Nintendo decides to go with 'trophy' achievements like SONY, then certain rewards cost a certain amount of trophies. Knowing Nintendo though, they would have their own style.

Seems farfetched and too good to be true but, a man can dream...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#51 westimo

westimo

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I like achievements but like in a subtle way. I like to just be playing the game then all of a sudden (you achieved something! :D) it's a good feeling. I would love it if nintendo got on this bandwagon
3DS FC: 1633-4203-9844 Pm me and I'll add back :)
Posted Image

#52 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

well they are on Mii Plaza so it's likely
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#53 chris112

chris112

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Sonic, Kingdom Hearts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

I would like it. I think it should be called something like..."Riiwards." But that's my opinion.
"Now Wii're playing with power!"
Posted Image

#54 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well I dont really care for them unless if I get something in return so I would like it if I were to get Nintendo Club points!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#55 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

i really hope we get achievements, Mii Plaza Achievements seemed like Nintendo was/is Hinting D:
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#56 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

Well I dont really care for them unless if I get something in return so I would like it if I were to get Nintendo Club points!

I doubt it. Nintendo wants you buy products to get Club Nintendo coins. I don't think they would hand out free Club Nintendo coins from accomplishing something in a game. It would be cool if they did, I just don't see it happening. (I hope I'm wrong)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#57 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

I doubt it. Nintendo wants you buy products to get Club Nintendo coins. I don't think they would hand out free Club Nintendo coins from accomplishing something in a game. It would be cool if they did, I just don't see it happening. (I hope I'm wrong)

It would be pretty cool though and I think that it will help the Wii U sell!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#58 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Your buying the game aren't you... It would give them a chance to clean club Nintendo up

Posted Image

#59 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

I would like it. I think it should be called something like..."Riiwards." But that's my opinion.

Haha! I like it. Funny, catchy yet creative name.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#60 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

I think they should.
But you get some points... that could be used to buy stuff (not games). Like Clothes for miis, or even furniture.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!