#61 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

Your buying the game aren't you... It would give them a chance to clean club Nintendo up

Yeah I guess so. They could probably give a survey on the accomplishment you got and give you coins in return.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#62 OnlyHuman

OnlyHuman

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Here are some of my thoughts.

1) Miyamoto doesn't like trophies apparently, well he also didn't care for online material when making the Wii and look where that got them. I really do not care if Miyamoto agrees with trophies or online play, HIS CUSTOMERS DO CARE, make it happen. We love your game design and franchises, don't make us miss out on them because of your silly beliefs! I STILL to this day would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to play 4 on 4 wii bowling against another team online. That would be so awesome.

2) A trophy popping ruins the 'game immersion'? I find that silly, it is a tiny little thing that happens, do you also turn off your phones, people in the house, animals, and everything else? C'mon. Either way, easy fix, make them shut-offable.

3) If people do NOT like trophies, pay no mind to them. This way both groups get their way, voila!

4) I have 100%'ed most of the Wii material, however, there are a few I haven't 100%'ed. Super Mario Galaxy 1 I only have like, 60 stars on Luigi, I would have finished if there was a trophy. In Super Mario Galaxy 2 I never finished the final level without taking a damage, probably would have if there was a trophy.

5) How awesome would it be to play A Link to the Past, or Final Fantasy 3 with trophies?

Just please, nintendo, listen to the fans a bit more this time around, take a gander around you at what is working for your competition. If Miyamoto doesn't like 'online play' maybe it is because he is archaic and doesn't understand the younger audience and social networking.

I am 30, and I would love a trophy system implemented in the new Wii U.

#63 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

As I've said before, considering that they've already been visibly shifting toward implementing achievement-type systems in more and more of their own first party games - from Xenoblade's massive achievement set (Which makes me look forward to seeing what Monolith's future 3DS and Wii U RPGs bring on that front, as well as Dragon Quest X after seeing the 300+ accolades to earn in Dragon Quest IX) to Wii Sports Resort's stamps, Super Mario 3D Land's stars, and the StreetPass Mii Plaza's 78 accomplishments - I suspect we're going to see a unified system for our Nintendo Network account profiles soon enough, once those launch.

As is, Nintendo Network has officially launched in Japan today, though we haven't seen the arrival of the usernames and profiles just yet, but upon scouring the website for one of the games launching Nintendo Network - Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - I couldn't help but notice that the game has its own indepth in-game achievement system, with lots of stars to collect, some for hidden achievements with Smash Bros. style messages that pop up when they're earned, and others are things you earn up to 4 stars for, in just playing a lot with each character, setting certain sorts of records, tapping the screen a certain number of times, and other assorted stats. There was a similar sort of achievement system in-game in the second Taiko no Tatsujin DS game, which I picked up an import copy of years ago myself.

Also of note, when the 3D Photo Contest website updated in Japan the other day - the only part of the Nintendo Network domain that's online and viewable to users right now, with dedicated username logins, profiles, and so on that seem like they will either connect directly to Nintendo Network profiles in Japan or evolve directly into the gaming Nintendo Network profiles - for the site's advancing to the second photo contest theme, they added an experience and level system much like PSN and Kongregate's, with each user getting a level displayed on their personal profile and points seemingly earned for participation on the little photo social network and for others voting for and recommending the photos they uploaded. Potential further signs of things to come.

Since Nintendo Network has officially launched in its most basic terms at this point now, anyway, I'm expecting we'll see an update by E3 at the latest. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for new Nintendo Direct online conferences by the end of March for both Japan (Which had their last one of those on December 26th) and the west (Which last saw our only Nintendo Direct video back in late October or so - both regions are due for an update now), introducing the Nintendo Network website for us to get usernames on and synch our 3DSes with as a part of our next major firmware update after the early December megaton, which one would hope would arrive by the latter half of March at the latest, with Kid Icarus: Uprising playing a major role in the larger global launch of Nintendo Network. One would think Nintendo would want us watching Nintendo Direct videos and getting their latest news through the 3DS, as well as getting our E3 content through the 3DS - and Wii U too, starting next year - and perhaps rewarding little social achievements for our profile for checking out content like that through this and future years' versions of the E3 Nintendo Network, recalling their use of the name for their E3 website last year.

At this point, anyway, they really can't get around to fully enlightening us and unveiling the Nintendo Network with our new online profiles, connectivity, and social/communiction functionality, apps/channels, and so on with lots of little achievements and trinkets to earn soon enough. Things like Facebook and Twitter connectivity should be a given, too, considering that the 3D Photo Contest website allows you to synch with accounts on those social platforms. (Square also has some sort of interesting 'Social Theatrhythm' online profile setup coming now that the game is out in Japan now too, apparently, which seems like something ideal to link to a Nintendo Network profile too, to keep things conveniently unified and linked together.) And with any luck, hopefully we'll see continued expansion of our accomplishments and unlockables in the StreetPass Mii Plaza, as well as the addition of similar features for our new online functionality and social features - as little StreetPass games style free online social games would be an ideal way to get users online, ditto for packed-in/preinstalled Wii U software and online social apps/channels - and the addition of accomplishments and additional content for the likes of Face Raiders and the AR Games, since those should be updatable, too.

Anyway, some recent thoughts.

#64 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

So which one?

Stamps, trophies, acheivements, rewards, medals, or prizes.

I like the idea though of the achievement system. When your playing a game an achievement can pop up on your controller. Going on with the wii clothes idea. Every time you accomplish achievements, you can get mii points. Mii points can be used to buy things in the mii store. Like clothes, glasses, or shoes. So if you defeat Sonic in Super Smash Bros. You can get 10 mii points, or so. Then when you are done playing the game you can go to the Mii store and buy some items for the miis. Say a new set of eyes is 30 mii points, you can buy it. When you first enter the mii channel the clothes, eyes, etc. are default. but every week or so, Nintendo can publish new clothes.

I don't want the acheivement to be on the screen to long though, 2 seconds is fine. I would want it to be like NFL 2k5, where it shows very quick ,"You have been playing for an hour 170 crib points are added to your bankroll." But only two seconds. I picture the acheivement notification system to show a blue and white box in the corner showing you accomplished one.

The trophies can be sculptures of Nintendo characters. On the menu it can show the trophy room. Then the First party game trophies are Nintendo charcters. The 3rd party trophies can be plaques saying something like this "You got 25 kills in Battlefield 4." This notification system can work offline and online.

#65 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

So which one?

Stamps, trophies, acheivements, rewards, medals, or prizes.

I like the idea though of the achievement system. When your playing a game an achievement can pop up on your controller. Going on with the wii clothes idea. Every time you accomplish achievements, you can get mii points. Mii points can be used to buy things in the mii store. Like clothes, glasses, or shoes. So if you defeat Sonic in Super Smash Bros. You can get 10 mii points, or so. Then when you are done playing the game you can go to the Mii store and buy some items for the miis. Say a new set of eyes is 30 mii points, you can buy it. When you first enter the mii channel the clothes, eyes, etc. are default. but every week or so, Nintendo can publish new clothes.

I don't want the acheivement to be on the screen to long though, 2 seconds is fine. I would want it to be like NFL 2k5, where it shows very quick ,"You have been playing for an hour 170 crib points are added to your bankroll." But only two seconds. I picture the acheivement notification system to show a blue and white box in the corner showing you accomplished one.

The trophies can be sculptures of Nintendo characters. On the menu it can show the trophy room. Then the First party game trophies are Nintendo charcters. The 3rd party trophies can be plaques saying something like this "You got 25 kills in Battlefield 4." This notification system can work offline and online.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, but if it were implemented, I think you would earn Play Coins, that way you can use them for more than just Mii Stuff.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#66 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

That sounds like a pretty good idea, but if it were implemented, I think you would earn Play Coins, that way you can use them for more than just Mii Stuff.

Yes, I wanted to post WAY more but just didn't feel it would be appropriate for a thread about trophies.

There could even be more Mii stuff to besides clothes.

So the play coins can be used to buy stuff for your Mii. Maybe apps, photos, screensavers, backrounds, and online items.

#67 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Wouldn't they be called Accomplishments like in the 3DS StreetPass Mii Plaza?

Edited by Stulaw90, 17 February 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#68 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

They could want it different.

#69 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

It seems more exclusive for the Mii Plaza though. I'm sure Nintendo would think of something more creative for their achievement system; that is if they are planning to go for it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#70 itschrissy

itschrissy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Zelda, Skyrim

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

I really hope Nintendo does make an achievement system for the Wii U. It makes you want to play the game for a longer amount of time. Well, at least for me anyway..

#71 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Here are some of my thoughts.

1) Miyamoto doesn't like trophies apparently, well he also didn't care for online material when making the Wii and look where that got them. I really do not care if Miyamoto agrees with trophies or online play, HIS CUSTOMERS DO CARE, make it happen. We love your game design and franchises, don't make us miss out on them because of your silly beliefs! I STILL to this day would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to play 4 on 4 wii bowling against another team online. That would be so awesome.

2) A trophy popping ruins the 'game immersion'? I find that silly, it is a tiny little thing that happens, do you also turn off your phones, people in the house, animals, and everything else? C'mon. Either way, easy fix, make them shut-offable.

3) If people do NOT like trophies, pay no mind to them. This way both groups get their way, voila!

4) I have 100%'ed most of the Wii material, however, there are a few I haven't 100%'ed. Super Mario Galaxy 1 I only have like, 60 stars on Luigi, I would have finished if there was a trophy. In Super Mario Galaxy 2 I never finished the final level without taking a damage, probably would have if there was a trophy.

5) How awesome would it be to play A Link to the Past, or Final Fantasy 3 with trophies?

Just please, nintendo, listen to the fans a bit more this time around, take a gander around you at what is working for your competition. If Miyamoto doesn't like 'online play' maybe it is because he is archaic and doesn't understand the younger audience and social networking.

I am 30, and I would love a trophy system implemented in the new Wii U.

Awesome ideas. Well done!
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#72 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

What I really want is Nintendo's achievement system to reward the player. Not just with a sense of accomplishment but with actual goodies whether it be tangible items or digital doodads.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!