Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Just curious, not that I have. Many people last semester dropped in many of my classes like flies. The classrooms would be full, but towards the end there would be at the most fifteen people left. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yes, back when I had a different degree. I had to deal with vegeta professors and withdrew and I have no regrets about it.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I dropped Intro to restaurant management, only because it wound up being a hybrid class and it wasnt advertised as a hybrid class when I signed up 

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Nope I never did.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

I dropped Maths in Yr 12 because it became pointless stuff you only learn to teach to people that remind you of yourself 10 years in the future that are doing the same thing.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

I dropped philosophy a while ago because it was an extremely dull subject.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hmm never had the opportunity to drop a class, i never went to college.  :laugh:

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

I might be during my Sophmore year of High school next year, I signed up for AP Calculus AB despite how horrid it is gonna be, and there's a 1-month drop period sooo I might have to do that if I hate it....
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#9 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Earlier this year I took AP Language & Composition because I thought I was up for the challenge. On the first day I saw the workload and immediately dropped the class and took English III Honors instead.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#10 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

I think the idea of dropping a college class is just a stupid thing to do unless you got a valid reason - like a deployment or a serious situation that cannot be delayed much further.  Too many people want the easy way out.  Why not just get the F and feel good about at least trying?

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, I dropped all my classes when I quit school in 10th grade. Lol

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

Does getting kicked out of school count?

Signature_DK.png

#13 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think the idea of dropping a college class is just a stupid thing to do unless you got a valid reason - like a deployment or a serious situation that cannot be delayed much further.  Too many people want the easy way out.  Why not just get the F and feel good about at least trying?

That'd be a waste of money to keep a class and get an F!

&& who want's to jeopardize their GPA because they decided to stay in a class they would fail?

Not that i've ever dropped a class before though...

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#14 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

That'd be a waste of money to keep a class and get an F!

&& who want's to jeopardize their GPA because they decided to stay in a class they would fail?

Not that i've ever dropped a class before though...

It would be doing people more good than bad IMO.  They will understand what commitment is.  You'll find that a lot of the people who drop out of classes can't fulfill commitments at all - classes or not.

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

It would be doing people more good than bad IMO.  They will understand what commitment is.  You'll find that a lot of the people who drop out of classes can't fulfill commitments at all - classes or not.

Not true. If someone wants to drop a class it doesn't mean anything that bad in most cases, some yes. People could just not like the class because they were expecting something else, or it could be a number of more personal reasons. Whatever the case it is not usually as extreme as you are putting it.

It's like quitting a job. Would you stay at a job that you absolutely hated and was miserable at? Most people wouldn't, especially when you have to spend most of your waking hours at the job. It's harmful to your mind and body to stay in such a situation. Now if the person quit does that make them a person who has a hard time being commited like you said? I don't think so. 

You say that a lot of the people who drop out of classes cannot fulfill commitments, I think it is more like some maybe, most no. 

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#16 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Not true. If someone wants to drop a class it doesn't mean anything that bad in most cases, some yes. People could just not like the class because they were expecting something else, or it could be a number of more personal reasons. Whatever the case it is not usually as extreme as you are putting it.

It's like quitting a job. Would you stay at a job that you absolutely hated and was miserable at? Most people wouldn't, especially when you have to spend most of your waking hours at the job. It's harmful to your mind and body to stay in such a situation. Now if the person quit does that make them a person who has a hard time being commited like you said? I don't think so. 

You say that a lot of the people who drop out of classes cannot fulfill commitments, I think it is more like some maybe, most no. 

what can I say?  I believe you are wrong.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

In high school, in my last year I moved to a city where the school used a stupid quarterly system. I couldn't handle the course load and so I dropped the advanced science classes that weren't needed to pass.

In college I have dropped a class called user interface design, because it was really hard to follow and the teacher ironically used all sorts of hidden features in the piece of rainbow that our assignments were kept in, so half the time I couldn't find the assignments or didn't know that he posted very important messages. All of the other teachers just sent us emails, which were dead easy to find and deal with.

That teacher is FINALLY gone, so it shouldn't be so bad when I finish up in the fall.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

I dropped Religeous Studies as I don't have a Relegion and I'm not Religeous, I also dropped Art cos' I'm terrible at it and I dropped Drama cos' I litterally hated it. Stayed on with Business, IT, Science, History, Maths, English, Music, French (I dropped French in College for Spannish) and Technology. Wow this takes me back to Secondary School (High Scool for those of you in the US) hard to belive I left 4 years ago, going on 5........

#19 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, screwing up your GPA is certainly a good idea.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#20 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

How does one drop a class? I've never heard of doing so seriously. Also, how does it work and affect your GWA (grade weighted average) aka GPA?

Edited by PopiPenguin, 15 June 2013 - 11:45 PM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!