• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

Do you think it's possible to include forum awards when this place is more crowded? I'm kinda thinking this type of forum awards, but with a few tons of awards taken off: http://www.zeldauniv...rums/awards.php
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

That would be neat, but I don't think Feld0 would be too kind of categorizing his fellow members.

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

No. I don't think that's a good idea. Plus, if we were to do the awards, why not do them now? that's what the 3DS forums did back in roughly November of last year, so why not now?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

That would be neat, but I don't think Feld0 would be too kind of categorizing his fellow members.

It doesn't have to be Feld0. It could be AMAC or even me.

No. I don't think that's a good idea. Plus, if we were to do the awards, why not do them now? that's what the 3DS forums did back in roughly November of last year, so why not now?

I can respect that you don't like them, but I think that we should wait if we want to do it. I can see about only 20 users who would actually have a chance of getting awards. Let's wait till that number is bigger.

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 28 August 2011 - 07:35 AM.

Posted Image

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

It doesn't have to be Feld0. It could be AMAC or even me.

I can respect that you don't like them, but I think that we should wait if we want to do it. I can see about only 20 users who would actually have a chance of getting awards. Let's wait till that number is bigger.

What are you talking about? You're not even a mod or an admin, you can't make these award things, (if we even did it).

Edited by nintendo3DS, 28 August 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

What are you talking about? You're not even a mod or an admin, you can't make these award things, (if we even did it).

Looks like SPW is getting a swollen head because of his post count. Plus, There are more then 20 user's who would be eligiable for awards. You just say that because you want to prove me wrong. Plus, we did this back over on the 3DS forum when we had only around 30 active members, so why not here?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#7 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Eh, I don't know. I would think that it may hurt some users feelings if they didn't get a award. We have only a few members that are active also. It would be interesting who would get the awards, but I don't think its a good idea.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#8 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

These awards would seem to be more of a form of elitism, if anything. It's more of, let's see what I like about you and the highest posters.

#9 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

I always like awards, I was in a community once (a small Animal Crossing one).
They did them, you could only enter if you pledged to not throw a paddy if you didn't get an award, and if you did then you would be banned from the competition, simple as that.
They also had users send a PM to admins on who should get the awards. So the admins didn't get all almighty power.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#10 Paper Isam

Paper Isam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Paper Mario and others.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

All you have to do is start a thread, and have nominations. Then you create a poll on another site to vote for the awards.

So the admins didn't get all almighty power.

This^ You don't even have to go through the mods. It's just a community thing.

Edited by Paper Isam, 28 August 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#11 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

OK guys, you've convinced me that we shouldn't do awards. It was just a suggestion anyways.
Posted Image

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Pretty much this. I shy away from giving out awards because while loads of fun, they can create unnecessary feelings of jealousy between members, among other problems.

Even if people promise not to take offense to not getting an award, that doesn't stop them from building up feelings of resent inside - possibly even subconsciously. While they may never say anything about it - or even be aware of it - this inner resent for not getting an award may affect their perception of the community for the worse. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but I think none of us can really predict what the after effects of an awards ceremony could potentially be.

#13 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

Pretty much this. I shy away from giving out awards because while loads of fun, they can create unnecessary feelings of jealousy between members, among other problems.

Even if people promise not to take offense to not getting an award, that doesn't stop them from building up feelings of resent inside - possibly even subconsciously. While they may never say anything about it - or even be aware of it - this inner resent for not getting an award may affect their perception of the community for the worse. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but I think none of us can really predict what the after effects of an awards ceremony could potentially be.

I'm fine with that. Just a suggestion.
Posted Image

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Awards do work, but shuts out a large portion of the community.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!