• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

What is everyone's thoughts? I think it's goung to be fun to play.

The anti gravity bit does remind me of Crash Nitro Kart though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

it's gonna be awesome

me and my brother still play mkwii to this day

so i expect this to last me 10 years 

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 11 June 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

looks awesome and visually great too.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

The courses look amazingly creative and the graphics are STUNNING.

No sig.

#5 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I disagree. This should have been cartoonlike almost Pixar quality. The Wiiu should be stronger than the ps3 and xbox yet I feel the graphics, could have been much more detailed. I dont need them to be realistic just more detailed and with more polygons and textures. Just freeze the film around 2.20. Those homes and castles are quitte blocky and blurry textures.

That said, it will be old fashioned fun! :D

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#6 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Looks great, my only gripe is it's release date  :rolleyes:

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Did anyone else notice how they didn't slowdown after getting hit by items?!?! This is no doubt going to be the best Mario Kart game since Double Dash :D

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Definitely looking forward to this, no racing game has ever matched Mario Kart in fun. The online multiplayer on Wii was great so I expect this to be even better. I just wish it was coming out sooner.

#9 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

In my opinion Mario Kart 8 is an instant purchase for me. I loved the graphics and I'm excited to see how this new anti-gravity stuff works out.

I have to find out when I pre-order from Toys R Us.

#10 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I love what I have seen. I wasn't particularly happy to see bikes make a return, but I did notice that no one was popping wheelies to gain that OP boost. That is a good sign. I have no problems with the gliding or the hovering aspects of gameplay. I am sure they will both enhance the craziness of the matches. As long as they don't slow down good chunks of the race like Sonic Racing 2 did, gamers shouldn't have a problem, overall.

Unless I missed it, a link to the official Developer's Video hasn't yet been posted in this topic. Here it is:

My ears perked at two features mentioned in said video:

1. The game automatically creates highlight videos of each race. Get ready, Youtube!
  2. You can create your own custom tournaments complete with its own set of rules. The MK clans will have fun with that!

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wow^^^
Miiverse gameplay videos?

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

MArio Kart 8 will be fantastic. I simply can't wait. These graphics were stunning, the game play looks phenomenal and that's a winning combo.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#13 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

A system seller if i ever saw one!

The game that most impressed me at E3.

#14 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

This is the reason I bought a Wii U.... or at least part of the reason.  Can't imagine not being able to play Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Donkey Kong etc.....

#15 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm exited for this. my only problem is i heard the blue shell is back, they had better fix it. it happened too oftern in wii game

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm extremely excited for it! Now just waiting for the announcement that they got rid of blue shells! (Hopefully)

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#17 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I fell in love when I just heard the words Mario Kart 8. Once I hear anything about Mario Kart I flip out. It is my favorite Nintendo series and is the main reason I buy Nintendo consoles. I love the antigravity aspect and the game's graphics look sooooo awesome. I saw detail in the pavement and that made me so happy. I can't wait to obsess over time trials again as I usually do with this series. Still now I daily play 7 trying to improve on time trials, and occasionally visit the older games.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

I disagree. This should have been cartoonlike almost Pixar quality. The Wiiu should be stronger than the ps3 and xbox yet I feel the graphics, could have been much more detailed. I dont need them to be realistic just more detailed and with more polygons and textures. Just freeze the film around 2.20. Those homes and castles are quitte blocky and blurry textures.

That said, it will be old fashioned fun! :D

So you are saying this:
modnation-racers-screens-1.jpg

is making this:

Mario-Kart-8-Wii-U-Official-Screenshots-

look like its from a weaker system? Yeah..... no.... Theres more polygons in some of mk8's trees than in that entire modnation racers screen.

There is no mk8 trailer video ive seen that goes up to 2:20, but based on your description and whats been shown id say you are talking about delfino square among others. A retro track. A group of a bunch of retro tracks from mk ds, mk wii and mk7 that were shown.

Never fails. People always get hoodwinked by retro tracks. And the mk8 trailer showed a lot of them.

Oh, they spruce them up. Use the original uncompressed textures (in the case of mkwii retro tracks, normal mapping was added), new lighting, replace assets that just stick out too bad, rework the new game mechanic into the old stage. But they dont want to update them too much, or they lse the appearence/feel of a retro track.

But the basic geometry framework and design of the level reamains unchanged from its original release.

Mario-Kart-8-Wii-U-Official-Screenshots-

This screenshot is from mk8, but the assets shown, are from the 3ds update of the luigis mansion retro track in mk7. Its 3ds geometry (slightly improved original ds geometry, it was a retro track on the 3ds...), not wii u geometry. Same goes for delfino square, peaches garden, luigis mansion, and all the other retro tracks shown in the trailer.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

Ah ok that makes sense. So the retro tracks are excuses. The track I was talking about was the new figure 8 mariotrack.

If you pause the video somewhere in between the buildings you can clearly see that textures are quite blurred (no motionblur), and that the building are really lowpoly models. I wished they put some more detail there too.

That said, it won't hinder me too much when zooming past them. I think the lighting and shadow look awesome. So I guess that uses much power.

Something else. Has anybody seen that candy level? I love how they must have inspired that on the SugerRush level from Wreckit Ralph, which inspired most of their game on Mario Kart, Donkey Komg and Metroid.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Ah ok that makes sense. So the retro tracks are excuses. The track I was talking about was the new figure 8 mariotrack.

If you pause the video somewhere in between the buildings you can clearly see that textures are quite blurred (no motionblur), and that the building are really lowpoly models. I wished they put some more detail there too.

That said, it won't hinder me too much when zooming past them. I think the lighting and shadow look awesome. So I guess that uses much power.

Something else. Has anybody seen that candy level? I love how they must have inspired that on the SugerRush level from Wreckit Ralph, which inspired most of their game on Mario Kart, Donkey Komg and Metroid.
Wait, wait, you are trying to judge texture quality from a streaming internet video? Thats not possible. Lossy compression removes all texture detail between different tones/scales of same/similar colors (what gives the appearence of texture or detail vs blur or smooth), doesnt matter what res you set the feed too.

Also, dont know what video you are looking at of the mobius strip.

But that is pretty ridiculously high poly and detailed for buildings in a racing game. Probably too much. Seems like a waste of time and resources to put so much effort in background assets that will never get close to the camera in game.

Wait, ate you talking about the orange yellow and white tool shop building at the right on the starting line?

Its made of giant hex screws.

HEX_BOLT_hex_screw.jpg

Its a theme building. Its not low poly, those parts are supposed to have precisely six sides, they are giant hex screws/ fitting housings.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!