Photo

Wii U getting game DVR functionality?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

As many of you have noticed, On the E3 website for Mario Kart 8, it lists

[Quote]Mario Kart TV lets players share highlight videos they submitted to Miiverse.[Quote/]

It seems as if Video Recording and Uploading will be added to Miiverse, however I also took a look at the Super Mario 3D World Trailer, and beginning at 0:29 you can clearly see a Blipping Camera icon.

Could Game Recording functionality be coming?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

That might just be a camera angle thing, they had something similar in super mario 64 and super mario galaxy

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

That would definately be a service that would put that 1Gb of system ram to work.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

That's not DVR. Dvr would require the Wii U to have a video input.

That looks like the video sharing feature that was rumoured.

So you can make short recordings of you playing a game then upload that to miiverse

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

That's not DVR. Dvr would require the Wii U to have a video input.

That looks like the video sharing feature that was rumoured.

So you can make short recordings of you playing a game then upload that to miiverse

he said game dvr not tv dvr

but i think that those are accually demo's which record the game  logic and replay it  useing the console to render again

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

NSMBU would record your challenges if you beat your record. You can go in game and replay the recordings of your record achievements. Would be cool to have a feature like this where you can decide what to record and then post to miiverse.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

That would definitely be a great thing to be able to do. Hope it's true, but as some said earlier, it could be something else.
Posted Image

#8 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Don't read too much into the camera icon, as that could simply state the camera mode the player is using. For example a "stationary" camera mode or one that allows it to be moved freely.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

If it's true this is awesome news :D

#10 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Don't read too much into the camera icon, as that could simply state the camera mode the player is using. For example a "stationary" camera mode or one that allows it to be moved freely.

they already said there will be a "highlight reel" that can be  saved on to  a part of the game that you can watch  using miiverse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!