Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Why do people rely upon 4chan for this kind of stuff...

Didn't 4Chan have a rumor about microsoft games, and 1 of them has already been confirmed... ya...

because I think it is stupid.

And why do you think its stupid? need more detail then that otherwise it makes your opinion invalid.

Edited by Chrop, 09 June 2013 - 05:00 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#22 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

Didn't 4Chan have a rumor about microsoft games, and 1 of them has already been confirmed... ya...

And why do you think its stupid? need more detail then that otherwise it makes your opinion invalid.

It doesn't seem like it could apply to A lot of Pokemon, it just isn't as concrete as ground or rock or water or ice, it just doesn't really make sense. Something is a ground type because it lives in the ground or is made of dirt, and something is an echo type because it makes noise??? In the anime, all Pokemon are pretty freaking loud! Echo isn't really something a Pokemon can be, it just describes a single small attribute, that they make noise. I just think it would cause the creation of a long stupid, noisy Pokemon that are uncreative and annoying. You can't BE echo! You can be a ghost, you can be a psychic, you can be dark, but you can't be Echo! It is just uncreative and simply stupid.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#23 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

4chan rumors are a waste of time.

Signature_DK.png

#24 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

If Echo type is real, it destroys my hype for this game...

I think they're trying to eradicate the normal type by creating new ones.
Posted Image

#25 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

4chan rumors are a waste of time.

Not always.  I've seen several of the rumors over there turn out to be true (mainly because they came from other sources).  This is sort of compilation of the popular X/Y rumors, as opposed to 4chan exclusive rumors.  I have already actually heard of the echo type rumor before and the Fairy type is a very popular.

#26 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

It doesn't seem like it could apply to A lot of Pokemon, it just isn't as concrete as ground or rock or water or ice, it just doesn't really make sense. Something is a ground type because it lives in the ground or is made of dirt, and something is an echo type because it makes noise??? In the anime, all Pokemon are pretty freaking loud! Echo isn't really something a Pokemon can be, it just describes a single small attribute, that they make noise. I just think it would cause the creation of a long stupid, noisy Pokemon that are uncreative and annoying. You can't BE echo! You can be a ghost, you can be a psychic, you can be dark, but you can't be Echo! It is just uncreative and simply stupid.

So you think they should be called Noise Pokemon?
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#27 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

So you think they should be called Noise Pokemon?

i don't think it should exist, but if it does, than yes, it should be called noise pokemon. But it is t concrete enough to even be a type so I think this rumor is completely false.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#28 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

I welcome our new Fairy and Echo overlords. We need some new types.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#29 DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon, Mario, Rayman and Green Day

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think Fairy type should be just Light type. Simple because even though they can be somehow associated, a unicorn for example is NOT a fairy! And yeah, Echo type is stupid. Too concrete and I hope they somehow change it to a better, more general name. Also, the Pokémon suggesting you what moves to use or what ítems to give it is dumb and should never happen. Other tan that, I liek the new rumours.

#30 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

I think Fairy type should be just Light type. Simple because even though they can be somehow associated, a unicorn for example is NOT a fairy!

It actually depends on what mythology your basing this off of.  Some Unicorn mythology has Unicorns in a sort of fairy land or fairy realm.  Fairy isn't exclusive to tinker bell and whatnot, but magical creatures (along with plenty of sinister or trickster creatures, like Brownies, or Puck/Robin Goodfellow).

#31 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Not always.  I've seen several of the rumors over there turn out to be true (mainly because they came from other sources).  This is sort of compilation of the popular X/Y rumors, as opposed to 4chan exclusive rumors.  I have already actually heard of the echo type rumor before and the Fairy type is a very popular.

True but a reliable source is always better. I'm not onboard if that's the only location of the rumor.

4chan is 99% lies. Every blue moon you may find something valid and true.

Signature_DK.png

#32 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

True but a reliable source is always better. I'm not onboard if that's the only location of the rumor.

4chan is 99% lies. Every blue moon you may find something valid and true.

4chan isn't the only location of the rumor, though.  Users have already said most of these originate from Pokebeach.

Besides, I've seen plenty of rumors and other things on 4chan that turn out to be true (mainly on the subject of Comiket).

#33 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

- New Arm Device is called the "Algorythm", able to analyze the brain-waves and heart-beat of Pokemon in order to better understand them. Can "translate" Pokemon's feelings, showing you their current mood, items they want, and happiness.

I look forward to gym leaders kicking you out of their gyms because your Pokemon aren't "happy enough yet".

Edited by SDDMN, 09 June 2013 - 02:15 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#34 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

The best way to find out if a rumor is true or not is to keep an eye on E3 and to pick up the game, like I will.

Edited by elvisbeck, 09 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#35 doxysmeow

doxysmeow

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Echo type is just as stupid as Normal. I don't see how a pokémon can be "normal". If it's true, I am not buying a Pokémon game anymore.

Let's imagine a Slaking fighting a Makuhita. The Makuhita punches poor Slaking to death, because it is normal and can't just sit on the other pokémon.

About the Fairy one, if it turns to Light type, it should just be related to Dark, not Poison...

#36 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

^ You are going to boycott pokemon games because it introduces new battling elements? You are afraid of doing over your good old move set you never had to touch? Or simply because of something trivial such as a NAME? "NORMAL" type as been around since day 1 and design a pokémon with no particular typing affiliation. Come on.

"Echo", if it is remotely true, won't be affecting existing move that much. I can see move like "Growl" or "Screech" become Echo instead of Normal. There are so many better ways to decrease attack and defense, are there? And, the moves that are going to make damage as this new type, if it exists, won't be abundant. The only move, until 5th gen, that will do damage and might turn Echo is Uproar.

Fairy is the long awaited answer of the opposite of Dark introduced in the 2nd Gen. Yes, it could have been simply named "Light" but "Fairy" is, imo, a broader term. "Fairy" is a pure creature wielding positive energy and light (imo). So, it covers much more ground than "light". Beside the new Eeveelution, Igglybuff line (Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff), the cleffa line (Cleffa, Clefairy, Cleffable), the Togepi line (Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss), Mew and some others that might fit. Now, do you really use those often? Besides Mew (which is pretty hard to come by firstly) which I cannot say for sure, I can say that your answer is "No". Slaking, imo, isn't going to change type any time soon.

About the Fairy one, if it turns to Light type, it should just be related to Dark, not Poison...

You fail to see the link right?

Poison operates in the background to do damage and it's very sly but not necessarily in the darkness: they can also operate in the broad daylight. Now, the Fairy/Light type is somewhat the opposite: sociable (being on the foregound if we can say that) and honest.

Dark pokemons are pokemon that loves the night. Like Ghost pokemon, they are mischievious but also very careful. They do not want to attract attention and want to do their move as fast and silent as possible. Fairies/light is just the general opposite and just doesn't want to harm other pokemon in the first place. They also want to be kind.

Dark and Poison BOTH relate to Fairy/Light type. Period.

Finally, everybody who gives crap about names is being stupid. These changes are here to bring more dynamics and probably to reduce the sheer amount of "Normal" type pokemons. I, for one, welcome, with open arms, this change.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#37 doxysmeow

doxysmeow

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

^ You are going to boycott pokemon games because it introduces new battling elements? You are afraid of doing over your good old move set you never had to touch? Or simply because of something trivial such as a NAME? "NORMAL" type as been around since day 1 and design a pokémon with no particular typing affiliation. Come on.

I am not going to boycott Pokémon games because of new battling types. I'd do so because I didn't like Black and White, Black 2 or White 2. Those versions were simply crap, IMO. If they're going to walk the same path with X and Y, I don't see any reason for me to get another Pokémon game anymore.

About move set... I don't really play strategically(besides the types comparison). What made me like Pokémon, when I first played Blue, was I could name my pokémon and train them to reach higher levels. It was fun to know about the types and their weaknesses, but that's about it. When IVs, EVs, PokéRus, Natures and more relevant abilities appeared, I just kept with my old "attack-based" style. That's why I don't play against other trainers anymore. I have a friend that doesn't care if it's a Gyarados if it isn't Adamant, and some other training-related data. Doesn't feel like Pokémon anymore, just a card game or whatever.

Finally, everybody who gives crap about names is being stupid. These changes are here to bring more dynamics and probably to reduce the sheer amount of "Normal" type pokemons. I, for one, welcome, with open arms, this change.

If a pokémon is to be type Echo for making noise, like Loudred, Slaking should be Sleepy/Dream type. It doesn't make much sense if it's about how loud one can scream.

You fail to see the link right?

Poison operates in the background to do damage and it's very sly but not necessarily in the darkness: they can also operate in the broad daylight. Now, the Fairy/Light type is somewhat the opposite: sociable (being on the foregound if we can say that) and honest.

Dark pokemons are pokemon that loves the night. Like Ghost pokemon, they are mischievious but also very careful. They do not want to attract attention and want to do their move as fast and silent as possible. Fairies/light is just the general opposite and just doesn't want to harm other pokemon in the first place. They also want to be kind.

Dark and Poison BOTH relate to Fairy/Light type. Period.

I don't get why Poison pokémon need to be sly. They're poisonous, doesn't mean they want to cause you harm or fool you(like Gengar does, to play with Ash in the series). Their poison is, compared to real life, more likely to be used for protection(ok, this is Pokémon and they'll be fighting, but doesn't change the fact) than to attack other creatures. It's not like they're trying to hide their poison, but using it as a threat, IMHO.

#38 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

I am not going to boycott Pokémon games because of new battling types. I'd do so because I didn't like Black and White, Black 2 or White 2. Those versions were simply crap, IMO. If they're going to walk the same path with X and Y, I don't see any reason for me to get another Pokémon game anymore.

BW was good for the story. B2W2 was a thrownaway game.

About move set... I don't really play strategically(besides the types comparison). What made me like Pokémon, when I first played Blue, was I could name my pokémon and train them to reach higher levels. It was fun to know about the types and their weaknesses, but that's about it. When IVs, EVs, PokéRus, Natures and more relevant abilities appeared, I just kept with my old "attack-based" style. That's why I don't play against other trainers anymore. I have a friend that doesn't care if it's a Gyarados if it isn't Adamant, and some other training-related data. Doesn't feel like Pokémon anymore, just a card game or whatever.

PokéRUS has been around since Gen II and it's so rare, oh gawd. I also "kept the old fighting style" but while being aware of those extra thing. I do care about Nature in-game but I don't give a crap about EVs, IVs or whatever.

If a pokémon is to be type Echo for making noise, like Loudred, Slaking should be Sleepy/Dream type. It doesn't make much sense if it's about how loud one can scream.

You know that sound itself are waves right? Sound can do physical harm while being too loud, having high frequencies, etc. That's why it's a type to begin with. Typing is also in the pokémon's genetic. Now, the pokémons that could be Echo/Sound type are those that can manipulate sound or are related to sound and music (ie. being a bell a bell makes sound), it's not about how loud one can scream. Sleep and Dream types makes no sense whatsoever but Echo/sound does. They want to reduce the amount of Normal types while still making sense while creating these new types.

I don't get why Poison pokémon need to be sly. They're poisonous, doesn't mean they want to cause you harm or fool you(like Gengar does, to play with Ash in the series). Their poison is, compared to real life, more likely to be used for protection(ok, this is Pokémon and they'll be fighting, but doesn't change the fact) than to attack other creatures. It's not like they're trying to hide their poison, but using it as a threat, IMHO.

They need to be sly to, like you said, fool you and harm you. For exemple, somebody who wants to poison you wouldn't want you to notice him putting poison in your drink. That's why I think that Poison is an opposite to Fairy. Poison is deadly and sly. Fairies are friendly, sociable and obvious.

Over and out.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#39 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

I can't wait for the Pokemon news tomorrow, it's my most anticipated part of E3 :D

#40 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hmm reading the whole echo thing... I wonder if a pokemon can be made out of soundwaves? Sort of like how a ghost isn't physical and doesn't really function fully on the physical plane. I mean, if a pokemon can be made out of... spirit/energy to be a ghost, why not vibration based energy? Considering that because I remember reading people that have had near death experiences have described their floating body as vibrating on a really high level. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!