Photo

Do you think x looks as good as ps4/xb1 games?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

Imo x does not look as good but the leap isn't massive.

Also since it's open world wouldn't they have to tone down the graphics anyway?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

I watched most the real gameplay trailers, and in my honest opinion, considering the massive worlds that are beautiful with insane draw distance, it was the best looking game at E3.  It is a wonderful looking game!  Make sure the videos you are watching are gameplay, not CGI! although their were some games that did have more shine, they were much smaller in scope and a lot less impressive.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

There isnt a whole lot thats a comparable play style to compare too.

Bayonetta 2 did the whole massive cityscape with reflections background thing people crapped themselves over with the killzone reveal, except you actually played during the event and at 60fps.

X is absolutely gorgeous, and destroys openworld games on ps360, and even many non open world games. It makess ff xiii 3 look like crap.

But, if squares ps4 game looks anything like that demo, x is clearly outclassed.... ASSUMING squares ps4 ff game is a massive open world thats completely seamless without any loading screens no matter where you go... And still looks like the ps4 tech demo...

It looks about what i expected it to be. ps4 is a little less than what i expected, and wii u surprised me, mario kart 8 wtf? its gorgeous, when did mk put so much focus on visuals, the flames from the tail pipes are the same fire effect seen in the deep down trailer... wtf? And x was massively improved.

But the difference is still noticable. Wii u's got the size, its got the complexity, but when you get close you will notice the models details arent as rounded as most (kz4's models are.... not impressive, and somehow the forest was a step down) ps4 games, small details can be seen as polygonal up close, not all of the textures are as crisp as ps4's as close up, and not all the games can reach 1080p and mantain that fidelity as ps4 games.

Yeah, theres definately a difference. But a wii situation this is not. Its not even close.

Edited by 3Dude, 12 June 2013 - 05:59 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

X's visuals are very impressive. I was concerned about Wii U's ability to compete with PS4 and XBOne, but those worries have been crushed. The other 2 machines are more powerful, yes, but I could care less. Bayo 2, MK8, X..... Nintendo has a very capable machine and this is just the beginning. By the end of the U's life cycle, we're gonna see visuals that'll melt our faces off. I'm excited!
Posted Image

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

I only saw a laggy, blurry low-res live stream of it to be honest. Can't say that impressed me, maybe I need some HD gameplay.

No sig.

#6 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

I guess so. I don't see how XBone and PS4 games look any better than WiiU, PS3, and 360. Maybe some better lighting?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

I only saw a laggy, blurry low-res live stream of it to be honest. Can't say that impressed me, maybe I need some HD gameplay.

Watch the HQ trailers on your Wii U

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

POPULAR

Get on your wii u, get on the shop, click the e3 trailers tab, watch the x trailer, make sure the video is set to high quality.

Its the best quality feed of the trailer anywhere. Nothing else comes close.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

X and Bayonetta are the most visually impressive games for Wii U at E3.  X looks very nice, but its not on the same level as the new Metal Gear.  I agree with 3Dude on the the Bayonetta comment, the city scope that made people crap themselves in Killzone Shadowfall is rivaled by Bayonetta 2.  Its obviously still not on the same level, Bayonetta 2 is also in 720P and not 1080p, but it still showcases that the Wii U is pretty capable.  My opinion of the Wii U performance has definately gone down after E3.  The X1 and PS4 games have made a much larger leap over the Wii U than the Wii U has made over the 360/PS3.  I now see the Wii U as a modernized 360 with extra ram.  I will save that for another thread though. 

#10 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

I watched the high resolution trailer on the Wii U's eShop, and I was absolutely stunned by the beautiful details this game offers. In my own humble opinion this game definitely looks on-par with anything I've seen for the PS4 so far.

X is still a first generation game, so I'm sure that in a few years graphics will only improve. The same can be said for PS4 titles. As developers become more familiar with the hardware graphics can only improve from here, so I don't know if the Wii U will be able to compete visually with the PS4 as time goes on. It will be interesting to do comparison two or three years from now.

#11 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

NO but it was there most impressive game imo,but all the games from the other nxt gen consoles blew nintendo out the water imo

#12 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Best looking Nintendo game I've ever seen, beats XB360/PS3 and is basically on par with some Xbone and PS4 games.

kisame.png

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Noticing diminishing returns are hitting normal consumers pretty hard.

Edited by 3Dude, 12 June 2013 - 01:05 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

To be honest, X looks amazing, oh especially the scene with the full moon, I was at first sceptical about this game the first time I saw it but yeah wow, the E3 trailer blew me away, if I could I would go pre order it right now!

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

I need to see up close at faces in order to compare; the scale and model quality look amazing, but I need to look up close to judge textures.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I need to see up close at faces in order to compare; the scale and model quality look amazing, but I need to look up close to judge textures.

Well, you can judge his feet and back really well.

They seem very intent on not showing the face or anything story related.

Which is fine by me. The game world is the #1 draw for me on any game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

I think the open world is PS4 / Xbox One impressive however on terms of graphics it seems like it could use some tuning before we hair better quality. I would absolutely love for it to be deep down quality but that's probably pushing the Ps4 to the max
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#18 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think X looks on par or slightly below PS4/1games. Same with Mario Kart and Smash but I kinda expected Wiiu to look good this e3. I still feel that in a year or 2 the Wiiu will look inferior to the other 2 systems. I think this e3 Wiiu proved that it can produce stong visuals and even stronger ones than a PS3/360.

I think X looks on par or slightly below PS4/1games. Same with Mario Kart and Smash but I kinda expected Wiiu to look good this e3. I still feel that in a year or 2 the Wiiu will look inferior to the other 2 systems. I think this e3 Wiiu proved that it can produce stong visuals and even stronger ones than a PS3/360.

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think X looked really good, perhaps not in direct comparison to a lot of PS4/X1 games, but when you consider the scope of the game, it's actually very impressive. It's like the fantasy version of GTAV.

Really looking forward to this game,

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well, you can judge his feet and back really well.

They seem very intent on not showing the face or anything story related.

Which is fine by me. The game world is the #1 draw for me on any game.

The scale of the game is impressive, but the thing that struck me the most about footage that Sony had was how detailed the faces were. If the face we saw in January represents how all of the characters would look, then I would be slightly dissapointed.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!